ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wiki Improvements: Star Power and Overdrive Paths!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
I have a question though, what would be wrong with just linking directly to the path's page on PathHero...I know you have to login first to view it (that's simply just to get more people to rate paths, that way people don't feel like they have to do a ton of work just to be able to rate)...couldn't you just link it directly from PathHero ie. pathhero.codemann8.com?path=XXXX...that way there isn't an abundance of unnecessary paths on Photobucket

It's mainly the fact that you need to login. I understand your intent behind it, but I'd like for the wiki here to be accessible to everyone, including guests that aren't even registered on SH. The image links should always open charts directly without requiring any intermediate steps to reach the data.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remove that now I suppose...I had it there in the beginning when the ratio of ratings per path was 1:100...now its a lot better though people still do need to rate more but I'm confident that most of the people that know how to rate properly are already registered...that way people don't have to Photobucket every path...I'm all about doing things efficiently

...plus, everything will get green a lot faster

EDIT: It is done, paths are now public

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Chil  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work JC. I'm hoping to get some good squeezing discussion now that we have this. I'll do what I can to make some green.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that in the first example for the solo songs(Yes We Can optimal) and in a test I did for this song (mostly to see how it worked, but I'll still leave it up there unless it needs to be taken down) that it doesn't show the shorthand version, notes, or credit, just the two links to understanding the annotations and to edit in a better path. However, in the other solo example (TTFaF 5* path), it did show the shorthand and credits, but no notes.

Is that how it's supposed to be, or did I miss something?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, the little icons don't require any changes to JSHManager since you put them on the right side of the title. How thoughtful ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I can check my scores against the supposed optimal scores for any instrument on any difficulty on my score ranking screens?

That's either extremely convenient or extremely soul-crushing, when I get what I think is a really good score only to compare it to the optimal path and find out how much it fails.

I'm not exactly well-equipped to help with this sort of project, but best of luck to you guys anyway. It'll be a great addition once it's complete.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the paths are more or less based off/copied from Debr's and Tma's Bradleyzoo and Slowhere paths (for GH1-3) and, to an extent, Codemann's paths on Pathero (GH1-M, not including OT:D and on-disc WT). (at least, I think that's what you're doing, anyway.)

So it's more or less taking the place of Debr's/Tma's websites, i think. Might be wrong.

about my question, do you have any ideas?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I wonder what you guys are using to decide who gets approved right away. It must be pretty leniant, because I was approved instantly, lol.

Also, I love the new path feature! I used to have to have two windows open to look at paths. Well not anymore!

<3 JCirri
Set all the tax rates to 9.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
I can remove that now I suppose...I had it there in the beginning when the ratio of ratings per path was 1:100...now its a lot better though people still do need to rate more but I'm confident that most of the people that know how to rate properly are already registered...that way people don't have to Photobucket every path...I'm all about doing things efficiently

...plus, everything will get green a lot faster

EDIT: It is done, paths are now public

Sounds good to me. I've updated my announcement to suggest linking directly to pathhero now.

voidedalive2x wrote:

I checked your example link and everything appears to be filled in now. But what you describe doesn't sound normal - what wiki code did you use to generate the blank path?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this sounds like a great idea (as always) thanks for doing this

Just wondering though some of the green links on the manage scores page when clicked take me to the wiki for that song, but there doesn't appear to be any path. For example, Slow Ride on Expert (360) took me to the wiki, and said the top score was Bj0rn, my rank/score etc. But under the path part of the page there was nothing there... Isn't green supposed to mean a path?
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

I checked your example link and everything appears to be filled in now. But what you describe doesn't sound normal - what wiki code did you use to generate the blank path?

The paths are all Debr's no squeeze paths. For the actual info on teh wiki page, i used the template given on the How to Make Paths wiki page. Is that enough info, or do I need to give more?

also, almost every hard song on 80s has a path on it. I just need to put in WGtB, RL, and maybe one more. (if i need to put that somewhere else, let me know please).

@Sadie: what I'm trying my best to explain is that there needs to be the "[[" and "]]" brackets around the URL for the image and possibly the video, otherwise, the information won't show. But that still leaves the problem of showing the link to the image used.

JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all excellent job so far! We've nearly doubled the amount of paths available over the past 8 months in under a single day! Hopefully this rate will continue for a while.

voidedalive2x wrote:
The paths are all Debr's no squeeze paths. For the actual info on teh wiki page, i used the template given on the How to Make Paths wiki page. Is that enough info, or do I need to give more?

Everything that's possible to provide is shown in the template. You can't add anything that's not shown there - you can only remove fields that you can't fill in.

voidedalive2x wrote:
@Sadie: what I'm trying my best to explain is that there needs to be the "[[" and "]]" brackets around the URL for the image and possibly the video, otherwise, the information won't show. But that still leaves the problem of showing the link to the image used.

This is 100% wrong and since you were editing a bunch of paths in this manner, I've temporarily removed access until you notice my PM (then I'll restore it again). As shown in the examples on HowToAddPaths, the image and video URLs need to start with http:// and have nothing else except the URL. The ones you added with brackets are not generating properly and will need to be changed.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, oops.

I'm changing them back right now.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed Eye Of The Tiger X Guitar is showing a green icon indicating that there is a path, but when clicked on there is no path there. Maybe there was a path and someone deleted it?

Also, why were the links only added to manage and not top/browse/compare scores? I would find it useful to access paths from these pages.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your 2nd question, I think it's more because since you're wanting to input scores in your manage scores, and you also want to have paths handy, well, why not put them together?

I see no reason to put it in the top score, nor do I really see one in browse (but it's possibly), but I do agree on Compare users.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: