ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wiki Improvements: Star Power and Overdrive Paths!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goron40  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering. Why do you censor access to the wiki? I mean, wikipedia has far more vandals than I would imagine this community does, and it operates just fine with it's system.
Salamence20  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because some iditot comes on and randomly deletes all the work were putting into this.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salamence20 wrote:
because some iditot comes on and randomly deletes all the work were putting into this.
There's an option to revert the page back to a previous version (just like the real Wikipedia).

I think that the real reason these pages aren't accessible to everyone is that someone could add incorrect paths, and we might not realize it for quite some time. It would then be rather annoying to have to sift through the paths and see what's right and what's wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:
I'm just wondering. Why do you censor access to the wiki? I mean, wikipedia has far more vandals than I would imagine this community does, and it operates just fine with it's system.

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
There's an option to revert the page back to a previous version (just like the real Wikipedia).

I think that the real reason these pages aren't accessible to everyone is that someone could add incorrect paths, and we might not realize it for quite some time. It would then be rather annoying to have to sift through the paths and see what's right and what's wrong.

That's the main reason. Yes, it's easy to revert back and fix vandalism when detected, but it's not so easy to detect when someone submits such data, that at a glance appears exactly like any others. When we do notice and fix page content across all affected pages and reverse contribution (which is indeed time-consuming depending how far it's spread), the community progress towards completion may have been artificially inflated for who knows how long and people may have assumed work was done in certain areas they otherwise would have helped with.

There's still the chance this can happen now since anyone can submit an application and potentially become approved with malicious intent. It's just another hurdle to jump through that also gives us the chance to block if we feel future contribution won't be beneficial for the community.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute, are you just like leting them sign out the form, do you look at the reasons or no???
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on certain things (which I'm not going to reveal for obvious reasons), the application might be approved on-the-spot by the system. If it doesn't pass the automatic check, it goes into a queue for staff review where we make an informed decision one way or the other.

However, all application data is in the system and we can overrule an automatic approval if we later find out something shouldn't had gone through.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0_0 386 Expert Vox Paths On the Wiki, 231 of them were posted by me, by the end of June, I should have all RB2 Vox For all diffculties done.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this when I was uploading some RB2 scores and my first thought was "AWESOME!". Thanks a lot, I will be sure to use this for my goal of FCing RB2 and GHA

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool, I might have to add some of my DLC full band paths in the near future. One question, for the instrumental songs in RB the path indicator is green for having a path. Kind of annoying when I'm scrolling through the page and I think someone added a new path. Has anyone else noticed this?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSorbera wrote:
To follow up on how to get images from PathHero: Edit: PathHero no longer requires you to be logged in in order to view charts, so you can add a link to the PathHero path page as the "image" link.

You'll need the ScreenGrab extension (or something similar, e.g. this works with IE) and this Actions file I made for Photoshop 7.

Here's how to get the chart from PathHero and put it on ScoreHero:
  1. View the chart on PathHero
  2. Right click > ScreenGrab! > Copy > Complete Page/Frame...
  3. Open Photoshop 7
  4. Go to File > New, press Ok, then press Ctrl+V to paste in the screenshot
  5. Download PathHero.atn somewhere you'll remember
  6. Back in Photoshop, make sure the Actions window is shown (Window > Actions), then press the little right arrow on it and click Load Actions..., browse to PathHero.atn and click Load
  7. Expand the PathHero Actions folder, click on the RB or GH action, depending on which series you got the chart from, and click the little Play button at the bottom
  8. Save it somewhere
  9. Upload it to ImageShack or similar
  10. Add it to SH (here's how)
Since this was created in Photoshop 7, it's likely that it won't work with any newer versions of Photoshop, so here are the specifics of how it works so anyone can remake it in a newer version of Photoshop or their own little app or something. Here's what needs to be done (in this order):
  1. Cut off top 383, left 32, and bottom 116 pixels
  2. Reduce width to 1028 for GH or 1008 for RB
If anyone can verify that this works in a newer version of Photoshop or can recreate it, post with your Photoshop version (and the actions file you created, if applicable) and I'll add that info here.

I've actually found this technique to work with Paint too. What I did is I just copied the PathHero page with my path with ScreenGrab, pasted it in Paint, saved it, uploaded it to Photobucket, and linked it in my path submission. My Shortest Straw and Beautiful Mourning bass paths are up now as a result.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

following the template formatting code given in how to add paths, there seems to be no link to the image where the path is given. I've scrolled over every word on the formatting and nothing showed as a link to the page.

Is it not supposed to, or is there something wrong on my end?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
following the template formatting code given in how to add paths, there seems to be no link to the image where the path is given. I've scrolled over every word on the formatting and nothing showed as a link to the page.

Is it not supposed to, or is there something wrong on my end?
In the first example on that page, the image link is "Guitar "
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, on my screen, Guitar is not under instrument, or in any other category. The instrument part of the table is completely blank.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a minor flaw in the HTML that was probably breaking the formatting for certain browsers. Check the example again and let me know if you still don't see the image link.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there we go! the link is up and I see it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: