ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Oddly Uneven: Officially back at it. Working on WoR HGFC.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokemaniac1  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it humorous, that you have beaten TTFAF, but not TDWDTG XD

Clickeh For meh Acc. Thread!

GuitarHailz wrote:
Boobs do, in fact, make tapping harder.
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daputti wrote:
"Why make a accomplishment thread of passing a song that many people can FC?"

The subject of my acc. thread is for passing all DF and TDWDTG...please, define many people...I don't think many people have FC'ed any of those 5 songs.

Daputti wrote:
Prepare for improvement, now that you have passed TDWDTG you'll play it over and over again, resulting a big boost in your skill.

See, this is what I keep waiting for . Honestly, I would have to play TDWDTG 20 more times to pass it again. I had a miraculous run (relative to my skill level) when I passed it the first time. I do eventually want to 5 star it, though, so you're right in that I'll be playing it over and over now . And of course, you'll get to read about my progress.

Pokemaniac1 wrote:
I find it humorous, that you have beaten TTFAF, but not TDWDTG XD

Again, the subject of my acc. thread is for passing all DF and TDWDTG...

Just in case this was mis-typed and should have read had instead of have:

I think, and many others would agree, that Devil is much harder than any of the DF songs. One of my weak points is really fast solos, you know, the kind that occur through about 6 minutes of TDWDTG. In some ways, the DF songs and TDWDTG are unique in that they require constant soloing that can fail you out in a second if you get off track. Most of the solos throughout the regular setlist can be SP'ed through, but not these. All of the Victory Solos in particular, are absolutely relentless. You can have a full bar of SP, activate it when you're in the red, come out on the other side with a full rock-meter, dip back down into the red, and still not be to the hard part of the solo yet!!!

As a matter of fact, I passed TTFAF in September last year. I just now passed TDWDTG.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering you're close to fcing RARAN, those four overstrum guys shouldn't pose a problem at all, they're all in the <25 range of the fc breakdown and RARAN is like high 40s iirc.
Good luck with all that anyways.
My only tip is try watching a video on Youtube on anything where rhythm might be a problem (Bulls on Parade, RARAN) because hearing the fretting and strumming or just hearing the guitar part clearly can give you a better sense of why you're going wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4 overstrums will not be a problem to FC, except that I have absolutely no desire to play them...ever...again. I swear, I can't stand playing anything from the first 4 tiers anymore. I've worked on RARAN tons because I really hate it up there on my setlist with no gold stars beside it, you know? I only have a handful of songs to get before I've got all of the first 4 tiers FC'ed, but for some reason, RARAN bugs me much more than any of the others. I will get it. I will get it, soon. My trouble, and I'm completely aware and conscience of it even while I'm playing, is that I don't strum fast enough on this section of the solo. I watch that first go by all the time!!! It drives me crazy!!! I concentrate so much on hitting the chords and HO's before it that I just have an absence seizure and forget to strum for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddlyuneven wrote:
The 4 overstrums will not be a problem to FC, except that I have absolutely no desire to play them...ever...again. I swear, I can't stand playing anything from the first 4 tiers anymore. I've worked on RARAN tons because I really hate it up there on my setlist with no gold stars beside it, you know? I only have a handful of songs to get before I've got all of the first 4 tiers FC'ed, but for some reason, RARAN bugs me much more than any of the others. I will get it. I will get it, soon. My trouble, and I'm completely aware and conscience of it even while I'm playing, is that I don't strum fast enough on this section of the solo. I watch that first go by all the time!!! It drives me crazy!!! I concentrate so much on hitting the chords and HO's before it that I just have an absence seizure and forget to strum for some reason.

Yeah looks like you see your problem, for me, becoming consistant was a matter of not focussing on the hammerons AT ALL, I don't check to see if I hit them, I just move my fingers and strum the chords exactly when they're supposed to come, you might go into practice and try ONLY hitting the chords to get used to the strum rhythm, ignoring hopos, then add in the hopos when you can do the chords with your eyes closed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty sweet idea. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for the help. Does anyone hit this from second position then slide down for the :RG:? Something like this:

1 3 1 2 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 2 3 2 1
2 * 2 * * * * 2 3 2 2 * 2 * * * *

It's much easier to pull off for the part if you take your pinkie finger out of the equation, but it's tough to train for the slide you have to pull for the chords. I don't know, I've experimented with both. I'm not sure I can pull either one off at this point. I just can't hit this section anymore. I feel sure I'm just overthinking it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I wish I FC'd Even Flow when you did. I FC'd it as number FORTY FUCKING THREE, after Before I Forget, Cherub Rock, 3's & 7's, Stricken, The Seeker, and Muavais Garcon.

Nice job on Helicopter, I don't have the nerve to grind an FC of that song, I am not a huge fan of it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah I don't have helicopter either, and its funny because I miss the change all the time but then playing GH2 I sightread FCed that change like twice as fast in like 3 different songs. I just don't like helicopter much.
Congrats though,
and no I never tried that for RARAN and I honestly think you're best if you simplify it as much as possible, doing the stretch will just make you have to think about that bit more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on Helicopter, than strumming is really chokable. Even Flow is cool too... it took me a while before I could FC it. Keep it up!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:
I FC'd it as number FORTY FUCKING THREE, after Before I Forget, Cherub Rock, 3's & 7's, Stricken, The Seeker, and Muavais Garcon.

Wow, that make no sense whatsoever. Did you have a 100% overstrum on it and just not go back for it? I didn't think it was very tough at all. I can't even fathom a Stricken or BiF FC at this point. I WILL get the others you mentioned, but not any time soon...

ShadowDude27 wrote:
Nice job on Helicopter, I don't have the nerve to grind an FC of that song, I am not a huge fan of it

Maybe you should take a minute and play it once more. I'm being dead serious when I say it was the easiest FC I have gotten outside of Closer. I FC'ed Closer on my sightread (which is the only time I have ever played that song), and I only played Helicopter a total of 4 times. I 5*ed it on sightread. I hadn't played it since that time, then I played it last night 3 times to get the FC. I really don't know why it's so far down on the breakdowns, "Get to tha Choppa" is the only moderately difficult thing about the song, and it is really easy compared to some of the other fast strumming sections in this game. The only real advice is to not strum through the sole hammer-on in this section. Use the hammer-on, do not strum it. Just get it, man. It'll be maybe 15 minutes of your life!!!

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Good job on Helicopter, than strumming is really chokable.

And I thank you for that, sir . I guess the trick to this song is to FC it before you have any chance to worry about choking it . I didn't have any trouble with the strumming at all, and I'm no pro at fast alt-strumming either (see TWIE, HiC, KoC scores for proof ). It kind of just fell in my lap, I suppose, but I feel like I could do it again if I played it 3 times. I guess this is why the FC breakdowns can't be the end-all list for all players.

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Keep it up!

I can see 30 FC's right around the corner. I know of several I'm very capable of getting with very little effort. This is about to get difficult, though...

AGwaG wrote:
haha yeah I don't have helicopter either...I just don't like helicopter much.

I am surprised by this, but maybe the problem is that it's a Quickplay Exclusive. I think those songs get ignored for the most part. 4 of the 5 are relatively easy FC's, though. Monsters is a little more difficult, and Cities is not cakewalk, but they're definitely easier than a lot of the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th tier songs. I'm certain you could get it with little to no work. Go for it!!!

AGwaG wrote:
Congrats though,
and no I never tried that for RARAN and I honestly think you're best if you simplify it as much as possible, doing the stretch will just make you have to think about that bit more.

I REALLY want that RaRaN FC. As of now, I have no FC's past #34 on the breakdown. I really want a 40+ FC. This is my best bet. I'm with you after thinking about it on the stretch. I really have trouble pulling my ring finger off before my pinkie though. It is one of my Achille's Heels of this game. I have to concentrate on these pull-offs or I will lift my ring and pinkie fingers and the same time, making me hit the red, but miss the green. Drives me crazy. I had the toughest time on RB's Mosh 1 bc of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll weigh in on RaRAN a little bit, since I can remember working on that one when I was going for 40 FCs in GH3. First of all, I strongly recommend the second position idea for the hooks; the first three notes of each of them (YBY) top out at like 19 NPS. It's really tough to go that fast with your pinky, as you've noticed, but it's not too bad if you use middle and ring and abuse the timing window.

I actually hit the chords from second position as well; anchored green and just slid my middle finger back and forth. That was kind of a weird method, but it enabled me to play pretty much the entire solo with a second position mindset (since 12 is the preferred fingering for both GR and GY chords in that hand positioning). In fact, you might even want to anchor green for this entire part and so you only have to concentrate on the higher notes. It would look like this:

2 3 2_232 p_2_2_2_2_3_2_232 p

Also, if you still find yourself having trouble with the chords, try playing the YBYG hooks faster (if you can) to give yourself more time to set up for them. Those hooks are ridiculously fast, so between that and GH3's timing window you're certainly not going to miss by outrunning them (as long as you don't start them too early), so you can just let your fingers fly and then take a little extra time for the chords.

Nice job on those new FCs, by the way . Even Flow is quite the chokefest (that's your first 1000+ streak FC, isn't it?), and while you may have not had much trouble with Helicopter, I know I did, so I'm quite impressed with that as well (although I think the verse chords gave me more trouble than the strumming did ). Between those and those 100% you banged out yesterday you're really coming up fast on 30; hope you get it soon!
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian

Last edited by zsjostrom35 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always feels awesome to be done with songs like Helicopter and Even Flow. Those songs were freaking annoying; I remember grinding them for days... great job getting those

And Paint It, Black is one of the most annoying "easy" songs to FC in GH3. I played that song literally 87 times in a row before I got the FC (yes, I counted), 6 of which were chokes after the outro strumming... you'll get it eventually, but it's one of those songs you just have to keep playing over and over.

Finally, for RARAN, have you tried anchoring green with your index finger throughout that entire part and playing from a modified second position (middle finger for red and yellow, ring for blue, pinky for orange)? That's how I did it. Give it a shot.

EDIT: Oh dear, it appears that zsjstrom beat me to the RARAN advice Great minds think alike I suppose... ?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
Nice job on those new FCs, by the way . Even Flow is quite the chokefest (that's your first 1000+ streak FC, isn't it?), and while you may have not had much trouble with Helicopter, I know I did, so I'm quite impressed with that as well (although I think the verse chords gave me more trouble than the strumming did ). Between those and those 100% you banged out yesterday you're really coming up fast on 30; hope you get it soon!

Yes, it was my first 1000+ streak FC, and I thought of that after it happened, too. I've gotten a 1000 note streak on Suicide and Redemption, which, by the way, has to be the easiest expert 1000 note streak ever, but it didn't feel nearly as good as this since it was an FC. Was that a run-on sentence ? I got PiB (FINALLY) tonight, so that puts me at 25. I figure I can still get Reptilia, which isn't nearly as easy as the breakdown would have me believe, She Bangs the Drums, and PotR without too awful much trouble. I'm close on The Seeker and Kool Thing as well. I'm probably going to go for The Metal soon, too. I've FCed everything outside of Middle 8 a long time ago, so I should be able to get that one without much trouble. This RaRaN FC eludes me still. I can't tell if I'm going backward or forward with that one. Anyway, I believe 30 will be easy. I believe I will get 35 before things start to REALLY get tough for me.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
It always feels awesome to be done with songs like Helicopter and Even Flow.

No doubt. There is nothing more annoying than playing a song over and over and over again even though it should be an easy FC. I think it's all in your head after a while (I'm looking at you PiB).

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
And Paint It, Black is one of the most annoying "easy" songs to FC in GH3. I played that song literally 87 times in a row before I got the FC (yes, I counted), 6 of which were chokes after the outro strumming... you'll get it eventually, but it's one of those songs you just have to keep playing over and over.

No shit!!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I actually considered stopping GH because if this terd. I kept missing over and over again on this song. The thing that bothered me was that I was missing different parts every time. I could combo through the Outro pretty consistently and I could combo through all of the other tricky parts as well, but I would miss on something easy, like the hammer-on parts. I am really glad I never have to play this one again!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done on the PiB FC. It took me 2 hours of straight retrying the song to FC it. I have a strumming method for it in my sig :P

And GL on the RARAN FC, I recently FCed the solo in practice
Acc Thread - FC #55 HiC, #56 BiF!

TTFAF 5* [x] (23/6/2009)
TTFAF 700k [ ] 631k
50 GH3X FC's [x] Welcome to the Jungle
55 GH3X FC's [x] Holiday In Cambodia
60 GH3X FC's [56] Latest - Before I Forget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: