ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH Smash Hits Demo on XBL Gold!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they should have put Freebird, Through the Fire and Flames and Bark at the Moon on the demo so that the people who are only interested in playing those songs don't have to buy the full game! :|

Seriously, it's a demo. Did you ever play the GH3 demo? Did you really expect the amazing songs to be on it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:
I agree they should have put Freebird, Through the Fire and Flames and Bark at the Moon on the demo so that the people who are only interested in playing those songs don't have to buy the full game! :|

Seriously, it's a demo. Did you ever play the GH3 demo? Did you really expect the amazing songs to be on it?

We didn't even get one 'real' guitar solo... I don't think that's asking for too much All the GHM songs in the demo had solos in them, and even the easiest song of that demo bitch slaps the crap out of the entirety of this demo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After mulling it over, there may be an upside after all. Its at least commendable that they bothered to rechart every song for accuracy. And its sort of neat how Lars was singing.
WuTugu  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar X FC:

Woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLtNBBzu1FI&feature=channel_page

Take Me Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTC6WOnDa7w&feature=channel_page

Rock N' Roll All Nite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn1IL2Pd6_0&feature=channel_page
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, c'mon...you people aren't judging the whole game because of a demo which contains measly 3 songs, and not the best ones (but not the worse ones), are you?

Well, I do enjoy Take Me Out, the fun part of Woman was outside that solo from GH2, and I always liked R&RAN, just not a fan of the cover.

Looking forward for this game, can't wait to sing the songs I know. This can save part of the nostalgia factor, as the re-used GH:M Vocal engine can frustrate the shit outta me anytime.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this.

After surveying the community on what they wanted on the demo having and then having 3 songs with no solo whatsoever? Pretty lame.

Regardless of having the game come out in 13 days they should have thrown SOMETHING in there akin to Seek and Destroy. Maybe Mother?
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, shall definitely download!

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought is that a demo should be a representation of what you can expect in the retail version (which this does) and remove any doubts of not buying the game (which this does not do). I haven't decided on buying the game yet, and this certainly didn't put me over the top. There are songs in every game that are immediately dismissed after playing them once, or twice if you didn't sightread FC them. The 3 in this demo are exactly that. Take Me Out has the best chance of being played several more times.

The game looked and felt fun, and I enjoyed the new charts for these songs. I hope the other songs end up the same. Ultimately may still be a rent-only game for me unfortunately.
Chris9092  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I agree that the song choices weren't exactly the best, but what did you honestly expect them to put in there? They choose three songs that most people would be able to recognize.

Judging an entire game because of 3 songs is just flat out stupid.

"Bawww I just happen to not like the 3 songs they chose for the demo so that must mean the game is the worst GH evar!"

Also on a side note, why does PS3 never get these? Whats the huge dilemma about releasing a DEMO to both consoles.
sfal  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess the PS3 doesn't get demos because the free network infrastructure model of doing things can't handle the downloads?

Whatever. The demo is rather eh anyway. I'll probably wait a few months to get it. I wasn't going to get it right away anyway, so this just confirmed my choice.

I mean, the demo's okay. Maybe with more venues, the career, choosing characters, intros and cut scenes....

I need to redo the med drums in GHWT and GHM with the WT set anyway, and do so expert bass stuff, oh and getting GHM med vocals and easy bass filled out anyway, so SH will wait a few months. Most of the songs in it are only noteworthy because they were in earlier GH games, not because they're that fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played the demo. Blazed through these songs like they were nothing. Looked forward to the RaRaN and Woman solos. Not there. I had high expectations for this game. Looking forward to songs like the Trooper and such. I will hold judgment until I see more charts. But this demo makes me not want to buy it based on the guitar.
Minirasko  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 users are left out, again... I know there's a reason, but c'mon :/
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sort of hoping that the demo would make me go out and pre-order the game like Metallica's did. I guess I'll be waiting for videos and such of this game now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to play the demo, and I was impressed despite what everyone here says.

Only have a problem with Woman's Guitar chart, everything else is good (yes, I played it on all instruments, except vocals, my voice sucks and my brother was sleeping, he'd grab that mic and shove it down my throat if he heard my singing)

As awesome as my WT Drums for GH and RB, which I finally got to play, they won't be as great as my real drums when my Midi cable comes in.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
xslaya22x  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris9092 wrote:
Judging an entire game because of 3 songs is just flat out stupid.

You're right, but I prefer to take the stance that NS should have used the demo for what it's meant to do... entice the consumer into buying their product (i.e. put fun songs in), which they absolutely did not do. From a marketing perspective alone, I think they made some pretty bad choices. You shouldn't have to 'look past' the demo in order to buy a game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: