ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trying to learn Tapping and succeeding quickly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaltarDraco  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Trying to learn Tapping and succeeding quickly Reply with quote

Old thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109644 I still can't believe people are posting in that!

Progress as follows:
Monsters - Bridge C - 25% speed, 100% in only 30 minutes.
Monsters - Bridge C - 50% speed, 100% in first try!!!
Monsters - Bridge C - 75% speed, 100% in second try!
Monsters - Bridge C - 100% speed, 100% after about 30 to 45 minutes.
Monsters - Bridge A to Bridge C - 100% speed, only up to 80% because it is difficult to get into the tap position from that long green note and still remain focused but I can do this section one-handed anyway, it has now taught me how to tap.

But I must learn triplets if I ever going to pass One, so I am going to turn my attention to Knights of Cydonia. That's right! The dilemma is now hard versus expert.

While the descending triplets are designed to be done one handed without too much trouble on hard, expert is definitely something that if tried one handed (just like the bass riff on Holiday in Cambodia) messes up your hand completely and therefore absolutely must be tapped but the triplets on hard more closely resemble One - Fast Solo A which is what I needed to not instant-kill me in the first place.

I will go for hard because the lowest note in the triplet moves like it does in One.

Knights of Cydonia goes something like this.

I have only one loaded question, do I tap this with one finger like Monsters or with two fingers and if so, which?
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please please please listen when we tell you tapping is really really really unnecessary for passing One! And tapping the descending triplets in Knights of Cydonia won't, I don't imagine, help you much with the ascending triplets in One... But tapping is fun so yeah go ahead and learn :P
I'd rather tap those with two fingers, using my left hand only for anchoring, though I must again be a spoilsport and add that I absolutely would not tap those particular triplets at all; I think you'd be much better off working on one-handing things and building up your fretting hand speed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmourTheLlama wrote:
I think you'd be much better off working on one-handing things and building up your fretting hand speed
Anything I can do this with?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaltarDraco wrote:
ArmourTheLlama wrote:
I think you'd be much better off working on one-handing things and building up your fretting hand speed

Playing songs in any game will help with speed and endurance over time. Clearly songs that are faster will help more but fatiguing yourself is bad as well.

And as someone who literally can not tap without slider notes I can tell you that Knights and Monsters are both very easy to one hand as long as you have built up the ability.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
MaltarDraco wrote:
ArmourTheLlama wrote:

Playing songs in any game will help with speed and endurance over time. Clearly songs that are faster will help more but fatiguing yourself is bad as well.
Well, I know that Black Sunshine is not particularly fast in terms of bpm (only 135) but it does require some crazy fret hand speed anyway and is one of the few songs that are actually harder on bass rather than guitar!

From practising Black Sunshine I can get:
91% guitar, hard.
88% bass, hard.
76% guitar, expert.
79% bass, expert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: