ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH Banner Thread (New OP and Wiki Updated 9/12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banners:

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments

Last edited by 1PARTYBOY1 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright; Finished editing, so along with erkle's banner's for gh2 to re-do tomorrow, any suggestions? (Mainly other GH2 ones)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirdkoopa, to be honest, I don't like your banners. Not that they're bad, I just don't like them because of the text. It's hard to read, and diagonal writing is just.... well, IMO, it's not fun . Let's take your "Death magnetic album FC Club" IF that is written on that banner.... it took me really long to read it. You should at least avoid white letters on a white background without a FAT outline....

EDIT: Decided to make more since I'm extremely bored.... (and to try out some new fonts, so some banners suck because I tried the new font on them >_>... oh wait, they all suck anyway xD)

See, when I saw this font I thought it would be amazing to have it, but unfortunately, it is too thin....

I tried to do a Prong here and to make the font the same color as the background but still readable.... I failed

My new fire font or something.... nothing special about this one.

It's that smoking lady from Pulp Fiction!

How do you like multicolored font?

Earthquake font is really cool, right?

Yes, I actually used the picture of a real hurricane.

I'll update these banners in my original post.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
Thirdkoopa, to be honest, I don't like your banners. Not that they're bad, I just don't like them because of the text. It's hard to read, and diagonal writing is just.... well, IMO, it's not fun . Let's take your "Death magnetic album FC Club" IF that is written on that banner.... it took me really long to read it. You should at least avoid white letters on a white background without a FAT outline....

Earthquake font is the one I like the best of yours.

As for the banner's, yes, I need to fix the ones that are very hard to read (Even If I have 20/20 vision, I found some of these as 'WTF') Even the ones I fixed with adding black text still could use more (The regular words being black?) I'll mess around in gimp, I mean, this:

Just doesn't feel like I'm fixing the problem enough.

I'll fix ones that extremely need the fixing, then work on GH2 ones (Along with some DLC Ones)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz's Banners

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 80's

Guitar Hero 3

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Guitar Hero World Tour
Vocals

Guitar

Bass

Drums

Guitar Hero Metallica
Vocals

(Metallica Songs)

(Guest Acts)

Bass

Guitar

Drums

Guitar Hero Smash Hits

Vocals

Guitar

Bass

Drums

Any Game: Band/Co-Op Banners
These are banners for individual bands or co-op teams. I'll put your individual instruments on the right, the game you're playing on the left, and then do something fun/creative with whatever your team name is! If you want one of these please PM ME!
(Example)

----

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirdkoopa wrote:
Earthquake font is the one I like the best of yours.

As for the banner's, yes, I need to fix the ones that are very hard to read (Even If I have 20/20 vision, I found some of these as 'WTF') Even the ones I fixed with adding black text still could use more (The regular words being black?) I'll mess around in gimp, I mean, this:

Just doesn't feel like I'm fixing the problem enough.

I'll fix ones that extremely need the fixing, then work on GH2 ones (Along with some DLC Ones)

Yeah, the Earthquake font rocks, right? I might give you a link to download it, but I'm not entirely sure if it's legal....

Yeah, for your banners, have you tried working in Paint.NET? It's so much easier than gimp, and you can always add new effects and such. You can pimp it up to be better than gimp, so give it a try, experiment a little, you said that you have a lot of time on your hands.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Anyway, how bout Nothin' But a Good Time Expert and hard FC and Caught in a Most expert and hard FC (both for 80s)

Hmm, I did NbaGT before, now here are the CiaM ones (oh, and don't let your hopes down, I'm sure Prong or Thirdkoopa will remake them), along with some other banners:

Here they are.

I made these 2 to try out my new font and because I really really really like the song!

I've been told this is a "bloody" font... but I see almost no blood at the bottom of the letters! Thought it'll be better than this ...

Don't ask, just felt like it >_>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Lots of nice banners here (lol pathetic excuse to get on the 2nd page)

any way some of these are INSANE (glares at smash hits OMB FGFC club)

I might make some banners lol

Last edited by nickyboy909 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I really can't read that. If that's considered fixing the problem in any way, I'm scared what it looked like beforehand.

If you want I'll start remaking banners too, just please stop using the duplicated/disjointed/diagonal text... I know doing this takes a lot of time and hard work, so I don't want to come off an a jerk. But I really can't read (or enjoy looking at) a lot of your banners. I'm sure Prong or I or others would love to help you if you ever want/need it.

Trust me, I'm a calm person, you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings out of this. It's not like you're flaming or anything. I kinda started thinking the duplicate thing got annoying anyways. I have all the .XCF's saved, so to change them doesn't take much work.

I think I'll just take out the duplicates and have the regular font a bit diagonal; It's to confusing with two and only works with a few extremely well.

Thanks for the critism, I'm off to edit. I'm completely fine with more critism/help.

Wait, speaking of this, how does this work?:

I'd like suggestions and whatnot before I edit all of them. XD (That doesn't just go to GuitarHailz; I mean critism from everyone who has any ideas/w/e)

@ThunderAlex: I'll give paint.net a try for sure. It may be better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirdkoopa wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I really can't read that. If that's considered fixing the problem in any way, I'm scared what it looked like beforehand.

If you want I'll start remaking banners too, just please stop using the duplicated/disjointed/diagonal text... I know doing this takes a lot of time and hard work, so I don't want to come off an a jerk. But I really can't read (or enjoy looking at) a lot of your banners. I'm sure Prong or I or others would love to help you if you ever want/need it.

Trust me, I'm a calm person, you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings out of this. It's not like you're flaming or anything. I kinda started thinking the duplicate thing got annoying anyways. I have all the .XCF's saved, so to change them doesn't take much work.

I think I'll just take out the duplicates and have the regular font a bit diagonal; It's to confusing with two and only works with a few extremely well.

Thanks for the critism, I'm off to edit. I'm completely fine with more critism/help.

Wait, speaking of this, how does this work?:

I'd like suggestions and whatnot before I edit all of them. XD (That doesn't just go to GuitarHailz; I mean critism from everyone who has any ideas/w/e)

@ThunderAlex: I'll give paint.net a try for sure. It may be better.

Well, I wouldn't use the diagonal font so much at all. Look, it looks awesome cool when it's duplicated, but it's just often hard to read, that's why you should use that on lighter banners (by "lighter" I don't mean the weight, but the color depth). And the diagonal-only font should be used rarely, mostly when you feel like it, or for again, lighter banners. I'd suggest using a "normal" font. Go here. You have A LOT of new fonts to download, they're even categorized and there's an example for every one of them. If you're Windows user, after you download your font, extract it somewhere, go to Control Panel>Fonts, then File>Install New Font, and then browse to your extracted font. They're usually a .ttf file type. Good luck .

EDIT: Awesome banners, Hailz.

Also, Thirdkoopa, you don't need the guitar icon for GH1-GH:A. You'll have more space for the text if you don't put it there .

And I forgot to mention that the Spanish Castle Magic banner looks far better in your last post.

EDIT 2: Woo more banners:
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/CrazyTrainXFCClub.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/HotforTeacherXFCClub.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/PrisonerofSocietyXFCClub.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/ScreamAimFireXFCClub.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/SeventeenXFCClub.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/LightningAlex/Banners/SweetHomeAlabamaXFCClub.jpg

5/6 of them are for WTTar, and all of them suck <_<.

fudrick  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, liek, I made a banner. But it looks really bad. I can't tell exactly what makes it look bad, or else I'd fix it, but it just looks... wrong.

LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
So, liek, I made a banner. But it looks really bad. I can't tell exactly what makes it look bad, or else I'd fix it, but it just looks... wrong.

I'll offer some (hopefully) constructive criticism.
-It's missing a border around the entire banner. Almost any banner looks better with a 1 pixel wide black border around it.

-Pick a more legible font. Something like Century Gothic (inv4der's banners) or Verdana (most of my banners) would work, since the letters are easily recognizable as the appropriate letter, for example I thought the banner said "The Why It Ends" because of how close the 'a' looks to a normal 'h'.

-I try to avoid having other text besides the stuff you put in, so maybe try to use a different section of the album cover. (But this is purely my opinion, so take it or leave it)

-Finally, a border around the text is essentially a must for any banner.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
fudrick  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
-It's missing a border around the entire banner. Almost any banner looks better with a 1 pixel wide black border around it.

I don't know about this one; Erkle doesn't use a border and he's pretty much my favorite banner maker. Ill try, but I dunno.

LethalFishEater wrote:
-Pick a more legible font. Something like Century Gothic (inv4der's banners) or Verdana (most of my banners) would work, since the letters are easily recognizable as the appropriate letter, for example I thought the banner said "The Why It Ends" because of how close the 'a' looks to a normal 'h'.

Fair enough, though I chose that one because it looked similar to the font on the album cover.

LethalFishEater wrote:
-I try to avoid having other text besides the stuff you put in, so maybe try to use a different section of the album cover. (But this is purely my opinion, so take it or leave it)

I thought about that, but I tried to base this one off of Erkle's banner.

LethalFishEater wrote:
-Finally, a border around the text is essentially a must for almost any banner.

This was my original thought, and I tried to add one, but I couldn't think of an efficient way to do so, and when I did it to a few letters, it actually looked worse...

Thanks for the help, I'll try to add the borders.

ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More banners! Mostly GH3 ones this time.

The only non-GH3 banner this time. What? The outro strumming is really hard. It deserves a banner!

Tried out a blur effect. I duplicate the layer with the text, and blur the lower one. Doesn't look that bad actually....

What what? The chugging riff is really hard, this song is underrated IMO.

It's really hard to find a good bg pic for this one.

Kinda reminds me of erkle's banner.....

Finally found a good bloody font.

This, too, reminds me of erkle's banner.

I think I succeeded to create a readable text that's in the same color as the bg. Well whatever, I could've always used the see-through fonts xD.

fudrick, I have a tip for you: If it's really hard to find a good background picture, use random awesomeness.

RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:

I think I succeeded to create a readable text that's in the same color as the bg. Well whatever, I could've always used the see-through fonts xD.

There is text on that pictures? I don't see any at all.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadioDuke wrote:
ThunderAlex wrote:

There is text on that pictures? I don't see any at all.
At first I thought that, but when I looked closely I saw the text.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 2 of 152

Jump to: