ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is It A Good Idea To Start Learning Vocals With WT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Is It A Good Idea To Start Learning Vocals With WT? Reply with quote

I've played both Rock Band and WT vocals, learning how each work at the same exact time, and I prefer WT's look and feel for some reason. I'm definitely not a singer in real life, I can barely keep key with Happy Birthday (although learning vox is helping me out of that :P), but I did FC What I've Done on WT Expert somehow <_< I understand all of both game's mechanics for optimizing one's score.

But, past the rant, the question is, do you think its a good system to train yourself to be a vocalist with? Do you think it's too hard? Is RB better because it tells me how I'm doing in the middle of a phrase? Etc etc etc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that you should start on Rock Band or Metallica. They give you a more accurate look at how you did at the end of the song - WT's percentage system makes it hard to see how you really did.

You probably want to start with Rock Band 2. It's more forgiving, and since you have the pie that tells you how you're doing mid-phrase, you'll know how to "feel" how well you're doing mid-phrase in World Tour/Metallica (that might sound kind of weird, but it's true). Also, no matter what game you're playing, play on Expert. Unlike the lower difficulties, you won't learn anything from playing on Medium and going from there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

start with world tour! it gives you a more accurate look at how you did at the end of the song, while in rockband it wont matter if you sung 90 percent or 100% of the phrase correct, meaning it will somehow cloud your actual performance. if you made it in world tour youre probably ready for any other game requiring vocals!
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bananenbrot wrote:
start with world tour! it gives you a more accurate look at how you did at the end of the song, while in rockband it wont matter if you sung 90 percent or 100% of the phrase correct, meaning it will somehow cloud your actual performance. if you made it in world tour youre probably ready for any other game requiring vocals!

I would definitely start with world tour for the reasons that Bananenbrot gave.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first played vox in RB1 on like medium, with a xbox headset. That never went very well. Then I got the GHWT bundle for wii and tried out vox on Hard, then soon moved to Expert, and now I can do expert vox on RB. I think besides the given reasons, GHWT (or GHM or GHSH) is good to start with because there's so much SP available in solo vox that it's almost freaking impossible to fail, unless you just have no idea what the song is. Better than attempting vox in RB and continually failing.
digidevil4  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock band 1 seems to love to screw u up totally, if you mess up a phrase real bad the bar literally drops you 2/3 of your rock meter, my m8 is finding it hard to learn drums on RB and when i played vocals I didnt find it harder but i was failing more cause some songs i hadnt heard before the game didnt give me any chance to figure them out.

WT is what I would recommend, I started on hard, not to many problems, the non english songs are resonable whereas RB has fkin New Wave. New wave just makes me lol to much that i cant sing it seriously...
Wt is harder but more forgiving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: