ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Freeforms Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Freeforms Thread Reply with quote

I took the liberty of starting a freeforms thread for Smash Hits, similar to the one Hailz has for Metallica and bh0ukk has for World Tour. I don't have any of the freeform pitches yet, but I should hope to have some soon, and I hope others will contribute to this thread as well. I'm only including songs with freeforms in the alphabetical ordering, as 18 of the songs have none at all(those will be listed at the bottom, below the freeforms). Please tell me of any mistakes I've made in listing the locations of the freeforms as well.

For references, use this.

Songs WITH freeforms:
Back in the Saddle - Eight freeforms(all back-to-back at the end) - Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab, Bb, C
Barracuda - Seven freeforms(one at the beginning, six back-to-back at the end) - Freeform 1: B, A, G#, G, F#, E, D, C#, Freeforms 2-7: B, A, G, F#, E, D, C#
Carry on Wayward Son - Three freeforms(two split up at the solo, one at the end) - Freeform 1: A, G, E, D, C, Freeform 2: B, A, G, F, E, D, C
Cowboys From Hell - One freeform(at the end) - B, Bb, A, G#, G, F#, F, E, D#, D, C#, C(or basically, the entire scale works)
Cult of Personality - One freeform(at the beginning) - Bb, G, F, D, C
Electric Eye - Four freeforms(Three back-to-back in The Hellion, one in the solo) - B, A, G, F#, E, D, C
Free Bird - Seven freeforms(two back-to-back in the beginning, one near the start of the solo, then split by two back-to-back ones, then a hype, then two back-to-back ones at the end) Freeforms 1 and 2: G, A, B, C, D, E, F, F#, Freeforms 3, 4, and 5: G, A, Bb, C, C#, D, E, F, Freeforms 6 and 7: B, Bb, A, G#, G, F#, F, E, D, C#, C
Freya - Two freeforms(one at the beginning, one at the bridge) - Bb, G, F#, F, E, D#, C
Godzilla - Two freeforms(one at the beginning, one in the middle) - Freeform 1: B, A, G#, F#, E, D#, C#, Freeform 2: B, A, F#, E, C#
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - One freeform(in the beginning) - B, A, G#, F#, E, D#, C#
Hey You - One freeform(in the beginning) - Bb, G#, G, F, D#, D
I Love Rock & Roll - Two freeforms(back-to-back in the beginning) - B, A, G, E
Killing in the Name - One freeform(in the beginning) - Bb, A, G, F, D#, D, C
Monkey Wrench - Two freeforms(back to back before the 2nd verse) - B, C#, D, D#, E, F#, G#
Mother - One freeform(in the beginning) - B, Bb, A, G, F#, E, D#, D, C#
No One Knows - Two freeforms(back to back in the solo) - B, G#, G, F#, F, D#, D, C
Psychobilly Freakout - Two freeforms(both in the breakdown, separated) - B, Bb, A, G#, G, F#, F, E, D#, D, C#, C
Raining Blood - One freeform(in the aftermath, yes, the lightning clap/5 note chord section is a freeform on vox) - B, Bb, A, G#, G, F#, F, E, D#, D, C#, C
Round and Round - Two freeforms(one in the beginning, one at the end) - Freeform 1: G#, G, F#, F, D#, C#, Freeform 2: Bb, G#, F#, D#, C#
Shout at the Devil - Two freeforms(one in the beginning, one at the end) - Bb, A, G, F, E, D, C
Smoke on the Water - Five freeforms(two in the beginning, one in the verse riff before the solo, two separate ones at the end) - B, Bb, A, G, F, E, D, C#, C
Stellar - One freeform(right before the second verse) - B, A, G#, F#, E, D, C#
Take It Off - One freeform(at the beginning) - B, A, F#, E, D
Through the Fire and Flames - Nine freeforms(one in the intro, two back-to-back in bridge 1, two back-to-back in bridge 2, one in each grinding scales, one in the solo, one in you rock!) - Bb, G#, G, F, D#, D, C
Thunder Kiss '65 - Two freeforms(back-to-back at the end) - B, Bb, A, G#, F#, F, D#, C#, C
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Two freeforms(one in the beginning, one in the solo) - B, A, G#, F#, E, D#, C#
The Trooper - Three freeforms(one in the second verse riff, one in the verse riff after the solo, one at the end) - B, A, G, F#, E, D, C
Unsung - One freeform(at the end) - B, A, G, F, E, D, C
Woman - Two freeforms(both in the solo, split by 4 phrases) - B, Bb, A, G, E, D

Songs WITHOUT freeforms:
Bark at the Moon
Beast and the Harlot
Caught in a Mosh
Cherry Pie
Heart Shaped Box
I Wanna Rock
Killer Queen
Laid to Rest
Lay Down
Message in a Bottle
Miss Murder
More Than A Feeling
Nothin' But A Good Time
Play With Me
Rock and Roll All Night
Stop!
Take Me Out
Them Bones

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.

Last edited by BrianBAM19 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 am; edited 14 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird actually has seven freeforms - Two in the beginning, one at the start of the solo, two later in the solo, and finally two at the end. I Love Rock 'N Roll has two freeforms, but you listed them as one. Same location, though. Monkey Wrench also has two.

I'm not positive these are all right, but I'm pretty sure (90%, I'd say... I tested each 5 times). Because freeforms tend to be so picky, it was hard to tell whether or not a pitch worked. You might wanna test these yourself if you have the time, Brian.

Free Bird:
Freeforms one and two:
G A B C D E F F#

Freeform three:
G A Bb C C# D E F

Freeforms four and five:
Haven't tested yet

Freeforms six and seven:
G G# A Bb C C# D E F F# (a lot, huh? x11s are possible... if you can get them all to register in time, that is )

Back in the Saddle:
Every freeform:
Db Eb F Gb Ab Bb C

I Love Rock 'N Roll:
Both freeforms:
C E G A B

Monkey Wrench:
Both freeforms:
B C# D D# E F# G#

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like GHSH has less freeforms total than GHWT did, but more right at the beginning and right at the end of songs, almost where a BRE would be in Rock Band. That'll make optimizing them annoying, since you have to remember to save SP for a FF after a minute of doing nothing
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi: Ah, thank you very much. I hadn't actually sang all of the songs, I merely went into practice and looked up the section names to determine the locations, and they'd classify all 8 freeforms in BitS as one, for example. There probably are more songs with freeforms back-to-back, but I only sang about 15 songs last night, the rest I looked up the section names.

As for the freeforms you listed, thank you, I'll test them out later today. For now I'll put them in the OP.

Interesting note: Free Bird can get up to X11? Raining Blood's aftermath can at least go to X12. I sang that yesterday just trying to hit every note of a scale I could, no references or anything, and I still got up to X12.

bclare: Yeah, I can see freeforms at the end being annoying. The beginning ones though aren't a huge problem, because there's no real optimal score for freeforms, nor do you need to worry about SP. A lot of songs have freeforms only in the beginning, which is fine with me.

I can't say for sure if it has more or less than WT, but it sounds about right. It has more songs with no freeforms than Metallica, anyway(Metallica had 12 or 13, SH has 18).

KoE wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't complaining about FFs at the beginning of songs, I think that's probably the best time to have them, since then the scores don't get too wacky.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just about to come in here and tell you that EVERY pitch registers in Raining Blood's Aftermath; using a keyboard, I got x13 by just playing the whole chromatic scale (I don't think it matters, but I started at E since I know Raining Blood uses E as one of its main notes in every single riff). I still can only get x12 with my voice... it's weird finding out how to hit it. At first I sang a scale by just "climbing" the pitches, but I could only get x10s. I then started "sliding" like imitating a siren () and I managed to get x12. I still can't get the last one though.

So yeah, there is no pitch that won't register in Raining Blood's freeform. Pretty cool stuff. Maybe ceiling fans can even aspire to be freeform experts now

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I took the time to find the rest of 'em earlier today. Turns out 3 songs have freeforms that will register any pitch: Psychobilly Freakout, Cowboys From Hell, and Raining Blood. I wonder if that's a first...anywho, yksi, all of the freeforms you posted were correct, minus the C on I Love Rock & Roll. I tried multiple times, but it wouldn't register. Also, B works on the final freeforms for Free Bird, so X12 is possible.

To everyone, tell me if there are any errors still in this thread, please.

KoE wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?? Psychobilly? I'm gonna have to go reFC that... no wonder I never stopped gaining points even though I couldn't figure out that song's scale XD

That's pretty interesting, actually. The first game to have a freeform that registers any pitch, let alone 3 in the same game. Too bad Psychobilly's freeform is so short from what I remember, though

I'm not quite sure what's up with that C in I Love Rock 'N Roll, though. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. It was really weird, actually. Perhaps the mic picked it up as B? That's the best explanation I have.

Groudon199  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
using a keyboard, I got x13 by just playing the whole chromatic scale (I don't think it matters, but I started at E since I know Raining Blood uses E as one of its main notes in every single riff). I still can only get x12 with my voice... it's weird finding out how to hit it. At first I sang a scale by just "climbing" the pitches, but I could only get x10s. I then started "sliding" like imitating a siren () and I managed to get x12. I still can't get the last one though.

I just got x13 with the "siren" method. Only problem is the overall freeform score was lower than my previous run, but it shows you can definitely reach x13 with your voice alone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Groudon199
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a lot of trouble with these. I'm trying to get the FF in Stellar, and I've used an online keyboard to learn the pitches, but I can't get any more than 200 pts out of this phrase.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant wait to get this and see these mental freeforms from the x12 region
BankaiNinja  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what note is Bb? :S
im trying to put these using GHmix but i cant find a Bb note .-.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BankaiNinja wrote:

B flat. GHMix sucks and doesn't have every note though
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BankaiNinja wrote:

Since a lowercase b is the closest one can get to a flat symbol without advanced Unicode, the note is B flat or A sharp. GHTunes, for whatever reason, uses all sharps... I typically prefer using the circle of fifths to decide what note to use, but I'm rambling now (as I always do...)

So you want A#.

BankaiNinja  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
BankaiNinja wrote:

Since a lowercase b is the closest one can get to a flat symbol without advanced Unicode, the note is B flat or A sharp. GHTunes, for whatever reason, uses all sharps... I typically prefer using the circle of fifths to decide what note to use, but I'm rambling now (as I always do...)

So you want A#.
thanks bby ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: