ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Smash Hits Vox FC Breakdown *New Update Aug. 26*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Smash Hits Vox FC Breakdown *New Update Aug. 26* Reply with quote

Alright, I'm gonna take another shot at doing this. Lemme know what you think needs to be changed

1. Raining Blood - fewest phrases out of all the all-talky songs
2. Laid to Rest - only harder than Raining Blood because it has more phrases
3. Killing in the Name - see Laid to Rest
4. Psychobilly Freakout - "you're off" phrases only possible choking point
5. No One Knows - only one or two phrases that are even slightly tricky.
6. Heart Shaped Box - nothing really hard
7. Free Bird - not many vocals, only a couple tricky phrases
8. Stellar - low pitched verses can be slightly tricky
9. Unsung
10. Godzilla
11. Miss Murder - the slower part is a little bit tricky
12. Monkey Wrench
13. Take Me Out - opening phrases can be tough
14. I Wanna Rock
15. Hey You
16. Them Bones - not hard if you can figure out the chorus melody
17. Message in a Bottle
18. Cult of Personality
19. Woman
20. Caught in a Mosh
21 More than a Feeling
22. Bark at the Moon
23. Lay Down
24. Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart
25. I Love Rock and Roll
26. Rock n Roll All Night
27. Cowboys From Hell
28. Thunderkiss 65
39. Electric Eye
30. Hit Me With Your Best Shot
31. Carry on Wayward Son
32. Take it Off
33. Round and Round
34. Shout at the Devil
35. Freya
36. Through the Fire and Flames
37. The Trooper
38. Stop!
39. Cherry Pie
40. Beast and the Harlot
41. Nothin But a Good Time
42. Mother
43. Smoke on the Water
44. Play With Me - The Stone Cold Crazy/They're Red Hot of this game, though probably not as fast
45. Back in the Saddle
46. Barracuda
47. Killer Queen

Last edited by Amanwithapencil on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 12 times in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 12, honestly they're all very easy so I wouldn't really nitpick the rankings too much, however...

I think Heart Shaped Box is definitely easier than Free Bird. Also, I would put Miss Murder easier than Godzilla, but judging by scores maybe I'm in the minority there

When they're all listed, last has to be Killer Queen though, second to last Back in the Saddle (and I wouldn't be shocked if anyone wanted to switch those two)
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, full list.

I Love Rock n Roll should be much higher (easier). Definitely easier than Thunderkiss '65

Cowboys From Hell should be higher, it's practically all on the same pitch line, only thing is it's a lot of phrases and small boxes.

TTFAF and Stop! should both be lower. TTFAF mostly because of the length, Stop! because a lot of the phrases are kinda short, and the low part is hard to match up (at least that's what I find hard about it; and I have the best score by a decent margin so I'm sure there are other complaints)

Round and Round higher, nothing really tricky there. Maybe change it to

33) Round and Round
34) Cowboys From Hell
35) Shout at the Devil
36) Stop!
37) The Trooper
38) TTFAF

but that's just my opinion.

Except Thunderkiss '65 and Trippin on a Hole should maybe be closer to the 30s too.

One more thing: Barracuda is definitely harder than BatH. No doubt about it. The only hard part of BatH is that it's really fucking hard to find a place to catch your breath (and that makes it pretty challenging) but Barracuda is just an absolute nightmare. Barracuda should be like #45, BatH should be maybe #40
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatH should definitely be higher, around 39 or 40 sounds like a good spot.

I'm torn about TTFAF. Phrase for phrase, it isn't as hard as the four above it. I'm not sure how much stock I put into the length being a factor for it being "hard". It's certainly a factor for it being played less.

Electric Eye needs to be higher, and RaRaN should be lower, considering half the song is the same thing >_>.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megaman703 wrote:
BatH should definitely be higher, around 39 or 40 sounds like a good spot.

I'm torn about TTFAF. Phrase for phrase, it isn't as hard as the four above it. I'm not sure how much stock I put into the length being a factor for it being "hard". It's certainly a factor for it being played less.

Electric Eye needs to be higher, and RaRaN should be lower, considering half the song is the same thing >_>.

Length is less about playing it often and more about chokability. If one song has 30 pretty easy phrases and another song has 100 pretty easy phrases, the song with 30 is a way easier FC
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yes but what about a song with 100 easy phrases and a song with 20 easy ones, 8 hard ones and 2 really tough ones?
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of octave changes in Them Bones and Beast and the Harlot should make them go up a little.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megaman703 wrote:
well yes but what about a song with 100 easy phrases and a song with 20 easy ones, 8 hard ones and 2 really tough ones?

Well I guess it all depends. Unless I can figure out a way to hit that low phrase in Stop! soon, I'm going to start saying that song should be in the 40s
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't look over this list really thoroughly, but I really don't think Killer Queen should be the last song.

We have 2 FC's of it, and more to come I'm sure (thanks to the videos people are putting up). Back in the Saddle or Barracuda strike me as harder, but that's just a personal opinion. There's enough wankery and just crazy stuff that make those a hard FC in my opinion.

As with any vocal game it just comes down to how well you know the song. It changes person by person. Killer Queen deserves its spot in the final 3, definitely, but its not nearly as insane as Stone Cold Crazy.

Really there's no song in this game I would label as "insane." BitS and others that I'm less familiar with will be a bitch to FC, but nothing that couldn't be done with an hour or two of grinding. I can recall a few dumb phrases in The Trooper and Electric Eye, but there's no one song thats just a clusterfuck of "...what?" the way there has been in previous games (imo).

Cowboys from Hell definitely shouldn't be that high, and I think TTfaF is also underestimated.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good discussion here. I've made some changes:

Heart Shaped Box swapped with Freebird
Miss Murder moved down (easier) a slot
I Love Rock and Roll moved below Thunderkiss
Cowboys from Hell moved down considerably
Round and Round and BatH nudged down a bit
Stop moved up
TTFAF nudged up a bit

Also moved Barracuda past Play with Me into the top 3. Anybody disagree?

bclare wrote:
Also, I would put Miss Murder easier than Godzilla, but judging by scores maybe I'm in the minority there

I moved Miss Murder to being ranked one spot higher than Godzilla, I see it being hard to justify moving it under Godzilla. The only remotely hard part of Godzilla is the the short "Godzilla" phrases near the end, which are pretty tricky. I'll replay Miss Murder and see if I think it's harder.

Megaman703 wrote:

Yeah, it's the same thing, but I still find it pretty hard. I think it's in a pretty good space, but I did move it down a couple notches. Electric Eye I don't see being really that hard at all.

GuitarHailz wrote:
I didn't look over this list really thoroughly, but I really don't think Killer Queen should be the last song.

We have 2 FC's of it, and more to come I'm sure (thanks to the videos people are putting up). Back in the Saddle or Barracuda strike me as harder, but that's just a personal opinion. There's enough wankery and just crazy stuff that make those a hard FC in my opinion.

Interesting. Dunno that I'd agree with Killer Queen not being the hardest song, personally. I'd like to get some more opinions. Yeah, there are two FCs, but that may be because this song has picked up the Jordan effect. Since it's been hyped up as the hardest song and it has the achievement, it seems like more people have been gunning for that song, while in the process maybe not familiarizing themselves as much with songs like Barracuda or Back in the Saddle.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep them coming.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the FCs of Killer Queen can be mostly attributed to it getting the achievement, so people are automatically assuming it's the hardest, and want to FC it for that reason. Maybe it's not the hardest, but definitely up there.

Barracuda and Play With Me, both should be in the top 4. Other than that I won't complain.

Also, Godzilla the part that messes me up is actually the "yeah" at the end of the chorus, but maybe thats just me.
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I think the FCs of Killer Queen can be mostly attributed to it getting the achievement, so people are automatically assuming it's the hardest, and want to FC it for that reason. Maybe it's not the hardest, but definitely up there.

Barracuda and Play With Me, both should be in the top 4. Other than that I won't complain.

Also, Godzilla the part that messes me up is actually the "yeah" at the end of the chorus, but maybe thats just me.

I agree with Barracuda, but I don't know if I agree with Play With Me. Now granted, I haven't sang in this game yet, but I have watched Hailz tear through it, and she got Play With Me before a lot of songs. While it could just be familiarization with the song (she got a -4 I think on her sightread), it could also be that it has a pretty predictable pattern, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
themoron112  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:
I agree with Barracuda, but I don't know if I agree with Play With Me. Now granted, I haven't sang in this game yet, but I have watched Hailz tear through it, and she got Play With Me before a lot of songs. While it could just be familiarization with the song (she got a -4 I think on her sightread), it could also be that it has a pretty predictable pattern, IMO.

You really have to sing Play With Me. It is ridiculous. The pattern makes it easy enough to 5 star but it is confusing enough to frustrate you with a bunch of -1 runs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mother and Barracuda are too high on the list. I got 99% and 98% on them on my sightread.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 7258558396566063 ICQ Number
Taozack  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC breakdown =/= difficulty overall of the songs.

Yes you can have 98, 99% on any song if you know it and know how to sing a little. But some phrases are stupid or weird, or short and breath-taking, and therefore those songs are hard to FC. I never got under 95 (and even 96 I think) on my sightreads, but it takes some time to FC.

PS: that's why I would put Electric Eye a little harder on the breakdown. Just an opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: