ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Smash Hits Vox FC Breakdown *New Update Aug. 26*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually agree with hailz, i found back in the saddle to be harder than killer queen was, with baracuda as the 3rd hardest.i hadnt heard killer queen or back in the saddle before smash hits, and back in the saddle took alot more restarts and time in practice mode than killer queen did
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you guys are really overestimating Back in the Saddle, or I played Aerosmith way too much (it's my favorite GH game). It took me all of three attempts to FC it. =|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Either you guys are really overestimating Back in the Saddle, or I played Aerosmith way too much (it's my favorite GH game). It took me all of three attempts to FC it. =|

It took me about 7, and I was keeping missing "I'm back" phrases. Killer Queen was a fucking hell compared to this, especially the "Extraordinarily nice" phrase that kept throwing me off.

Oh, and Play With Me was my first FC, I only had one phrase to figure out in practice mode, and note that I'm not the best singer on ScoreHero.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
HungrySanta  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why BatH is #41. I can practically FC it on demand. >_> Maybe it's just me? What makes it hard for everyone else?
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thought Freya was incredibly difficult to FC? I had a much harder time with that than, say, Barracuda.

I think, ultimately, it's different for everyone, because of their familiarity with certain songs, their range, and their ear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:

This. BitS was not as hard as NBAGT or Cherry Pie, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Back in the Saddle FC now. And sorry, it should not be the second hardest song. Aside from the second "I'm back" there is no phrase that is short enough to miss often.

Other things: No One Knows should be lower than Free Bird and Heart Shaped Box. Don't know if it's just me, but I needed about 5 restarts to get it. I didn't know the song before, so maybe that's why.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play with me is harder than back at the saddle.
Top 5 should be back in the saddle, barracuda,freya, play with me and killer queen.
Smoke on the water is too easy.

werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cult of Personality should definitely be lowered it was my first real FC there arn't any trouble spots that I know of...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 4849421951901212
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been gone from this thread for way too long. Took the time to evaluate some more input.

NavyCherub wrote:

UndeadFilQC13 wrote:
It took me about 7, and I was keeping missing "I'm back" phrases. Killer Queen was a fucking hell compared to this, especially the "Extraordinarily nice" phrase that kept throwing me off.

StormEagle wrote:
I got the Back in the Saddle FC now. And sorry, it should not be the second hardest song. Aside from the second "I'm back" there is no phrase that is short enough to miss often.

Agreed. I've moved it down one rank. I'm not really sure what's harder, Back in the Saddle or Play With Me, but I think BitS is a little tougher. I'll leave it where it is for now.

werelord wrote:

Cult of Personality should definitely be lowered it was my first real FC there arn't any trouble spots that I know of...

Agreed. Moved it.

dr00bles wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Freya was incredibly difficult to FC? I had a much harder time with that than, say, Barracuda.

It probably deserves a more difficult rank. Moved.

Taozack wrote:
that's why I would put Electric Eye a little harder on the breakdown. Just an opinion.

Agreed. Moved.

HungrySanta wrote:
I don't understand why BatH is #41. I can practically FC it on demand. >_> Maybe it's just me? What makes it hard for everyone else?

I still think it's pretty hard. There isn't much room to breathe, it moves around a lot, and the pitch tends to be a little uncomfortably high for me. Still, I think I slid it down a rank or two.

StormEagle wrote:
Other things: No One Knows should be lower than Free Bird and Heart Shaped Box. Don't know if it's just me, but I needed about 5 restarts to get it. I didn't know the song before, so maybe that's why.

Maybe. I guess HSB and Freebird are more obvious first FCs for a lot of people. I had more trouble with those than No One Knows. I think I'll slide it up a notch.

danyh wrote:
Smoke on the water is too easy.

You mean I have it rated as too easy or the song is too easy? I really don't think anything under it is harder than it.

As for Killer Queen, IMO Killer Queen >>>>> The rest of the game. Seriously. For me, nothing even comes close to this song in terms of passing, 5*, or FCing. This is a community thread, so if people disagree with that I'll change it, but from my point of view, nothing touches Killer Queen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:
As for Killer Queen, IMO Killer Queen >>>>> The rest of the game. Seriously. For me, nothing even comes close to this song in terms of passing, 5*, or FCing. This is a community thread, so if people disagree with that I'll change it, but from my point of view, nothing touches Killer Queen.

Man, I really have to disagree. I think that Killer Queen is pretty straightforward ONCE you know what the game wants. But I think the hardest song to consistently EXECUTE is Play With Me, and I certainly think it's MUCH harder than BitS OR Barracuda. Honestly, I don't know why people make such a big deal out of Barracuda - but, again, everyone's strengths are different!

EDIT: Oh, and I think The Trooper should definitely be ranked as harder than Stop!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with Dr00bles The Trooper is way overrated its a very easy FC. I also find that Them Bones is underrated it may be easy if you figure out the chorus but it isn't easy to figure out...maybe it's just me though.(Thanks to Dr00bles got the FC). I also think that Hit Me With Your Best Shot is overrated I don't remember anything hard about it...just took a few tries...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post yes but this needs bumped just because GH5 is out doesn't mean this should die. Anyway I think that Nothin' But a Good Time should be bumped harder because that and Killer Queen are all that I can't FC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoke on the water should be higher (easier) there isn't any trouble spot...

It took me 4 tries to FC, 1st was the SR, then the pthers was months after the sightread (it was the other day) and took 2 more tries to FC it on the same day
kire  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i', dbl posting, but after I tought a bit, I tought I should post here my opinions

1. Raining Blood - Easy, all talkies, short
2. Laid To Rest - More Phrases than Raining Blood, that's the only reason why it is nº 2
3. Killing In The Name - Check Laid To Rest, there's a possibility you forget the last UHM was there
4. Freebird - Just epic, long phrases
5. Heart Shaped Box - easy, but the chorus and verses vary a bit
6. No One Knows - also easy, 1 or 2 phrases that can cause troubles, but not much
7. Unsung - Very easy, and easier if the singers hand didn't block the pitch at a certain time
8. Cult Of Personality - Nothing really Hard Here
9. Phsycobilly Freakout - you're off is the only hard phrase
10. Freya - really easy, but long break can mess you up
11. Godzilla - Short godzilla's and yeah's are a bit difficult
12. Stellar - Nothing really hard here, low pitched verses are just a little bit tricky
13. Hey You - Also Easy
14. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Nothing to hard here, easiest of the girl songs
15. I Wanna Rock - Not too hard, 3 or 4 phrases that are slightly tricky
16. Miss Murder - Slow part is tricky
17. Lay Down - some tricky phrases, but not much
18. Take Me Out - first set of phrases is hard to get an hold of
19. Smoke On The Water - only hard phrase is "A Fire In the Sky"
20. Woman -Some Pitch Changing Verses
21. Them Bones - Ahhh's and the chorus are hard
22. Cowboys From Hell - should be talkies
23. Thunderkiss 65 - Also Should be talkies except for the chorus I guess
24. Monkey Wrench - Temper phrases can give you so trouble
25. Trippin' a Hole On A Paper Heart - first set of phrases is tricky
26. I Love Rock N' Roll - 1st and 3rd phrases of the verses can give you some trouble and the phrase after the solo too
27. Rock N' Roll All Night - Song is tricky but very repetitive
28. Carry On Wayward Son - well 1 or 2 phrases can be a problem and the that's quick phrase too
29. Caught In A Mosh - mostly talkies, but pitch phrases are tricky
30. More Than A Feeling - some phrases are hard
31. The Trooper - apparently some people have trouble with this, I found it easy
32. Through The Fire And Flames - Long instrumental break can make you forget the pitch and there's also some tricky phrases
33. Round And Round - the lead singer pitch is hidden on the chorus
34. Electric Eye - Develop and Expose
35. Message In A Bottle - In My Opinion is a mess of a song, the Yeahs made me wanna stab myself
36. Take It Off - the Cause I Get What I want And I Like what I see phrae is HARD
37. Shout At The Devil - some messy phrases
38. Bark At The Moon - the bark at the moon phrases (the chorus ones and the final one) are hard
39. Beast And The Harlot - Just The Middle quick phrases, leave you out of breath
40. Mother - every phrase is a choke point, but if you can dominate 2 or 3 in a row it becomes alot easier
41. Back In The Saddle - not that hard except for the last ohhh and the first I'm BACK
42. Cherry Pie - Tricky and very breath taking phrases, good luck
43. Play With Me - Mess of a quick song with the ABC phrase stuck there
44. Nothing But A Good Time - except for the chorus every other phrase is really hard
45. Killer Queen - It's a mess, but pretty manageable when you get it right, also bad charted phrase makes this harder
46. Barracuda - guides lower than they should be make this hard song twice as hard
47. Stop! - easily the hardest song for me, every phrase is a choke point, there's also a little fast vocal "solo" and that dreaded low pitched phrase

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: