ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
dr00bles: 2112 Part 7: Grand Finale Vox FC!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: dr00bles: 2112 Part 7: Grand Finale Vox FC! Reply with quote

7/15/12

So I've decided to go for the GH: WoR FGFC.

After many tries, I finally nailed 2112 Part 7: Grand Finale on expert vocals. Onto the rest!

****************************************************************************************

2/10/11

Here's an Uprising FC.

Totally easy, I know. Cut me some slack, let me ease back into this. I'm rusty!

****************************************************************************************

2/5/11

Uh, okay... let's try this again. I miss Scorehero and everything about rhythm games.

Allow me to explain my absence.

7/18

I can't even express how much all your support, encouragement and concern meant to me.

It's great to be back.

6/29

So people may have been wondering why I've been MIA for a little while. Fear not, I did not give up on - or abandon - this community.

Unfortunately, I've been struggling with a chronic illness for the past four weeks. No need to go into details, but in a nutshell, I pretty much can't do anything other that eat, sleep, and sit. I go to work, but it's pretty miserable. I'm kind of like a zombie.

My current condition makes even the simplest tasks difficult. As such, there's no way I can muster the concentration or effort necessary for rhythm games (even vocals). I know it sounds difficult to believe, but when I'm home, I pretty much just want to sleep. So I'll be throwing in the towel for now. Hopefully, I'll go into remission, and can get back in action.

Don't worry, I'm not going to die or anything. Just gotta keep on truckin'.

Cheers.

6/1

I've put off going for a Bloodmeat FC for long enough. When I mentioned in one of my videos that I was thinking about doing it on video, the response was overwhelmingly positive!

So, without further ado, here's the FC vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAYNWN2uzU

This may be one of the most fun songs ever to sing. Enjoy!!

5/20

This just made my morning, so I wanted to share with everyone who didn't get a chance to see it on Wooffus's thread.

She was nice enough to record a hilariously appropriate FC of "The Memory Remains," an homage to my infamous chokefest, as a birthday gift to me! View the video here.

And in addition to it being my birthday today, it's also Arvain's! So happy happy to him!

Thanks again, Wooffus!

5/18

I had a blast going through this Aerosmith DLC and got the FC on all of them! Beenox did an amazing job charting these tracks, especially on Livin' on the Edge. They made what could have been an extremely repetitive song fun by alternating which vocals line is charted.

Rag Doll was clearly the most challenging, with some tricky slides and an obviously batshit insane scatting ending. But a tremendously rewarding FC!

Videos:

Rag Doll
Love in an Elevator
Livin' on the Edge

Enjoy, guys!

4/26

I retried a few songs in GH:VH and discovered that, boy, were my freeforms bad! So with a few vastly improved scores (including 256,000 on Panama - a song with freeforms!), I was able to reclaim my global 1st place on GH:VH vox from the mighty Wooffus. I could keep going to pad my lead, but... nah.

Also, I made a video for Dance the Night Away, due to several requests!

4/9

Wow. After a few days of learning/grinding, and tons of chokes (some literal), I finally managed to get 100% on Pretty Vacant expert vocals. (For those of you unfamiliar with the GHWT vox system, getting 100% in GHWT is ridiculously difficult. In order to do so, you must sing absolutely perfectly - as in, fill every pixel of every tunnel in the song. Simply getting a "green flash" won't cut it - you literally can't miss a split second of any part that should be sung.)

This was far from easy; the slides were terribly difficult to execute, and often the game would insist I wasn't getting 100% when it looked like I did. In the end, though, this was one of the more satisfying accomplishments in my GH vox career.

Shoutout to Airshock for pioneering this achievement and letting the world know it's possible. And as always, thanks for the support!

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GhFPdS2G0

Now, this makes me think... are any other songs possible to get 100% on?

4/2

Most recently, our band (The Freelancers) nailed four new FBFCs, including the wonderfully epic Schism. Also took down Re-Education (Through Labor), The Kill, and No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn.

The Freelancers are:

Guitar: Ace5993
Bass: Gazoroth
Drums: Bendover
Vocals: dr00bles

Backup Guitar/Bass: ShadowstepSH

Check out our YouTube channel and our accomplishments thread.

The Freelancers GHWT FBFCs:
1. What I've Done (Pic only)
2. Up Around The Bend (Pic only)
3. Some Might Say (Pic only)
4. About A Girl (Unplugged) (Pic only)
5. Prisoner Of Society (video)
6. Assassin (video)
7. The One I Love (Pic only)
8. The Joker (Pic only)
9. Beautiful Disaster (Pic only)
10. Band On The Run (Pic only)
11. Eye Of The Tiger (Pic only)
12. Good God (video)
13. Feel The Pain FBFC 9 (Pic only)
14. Today FBFC (Pic only)
15. The Middle FBFC (Pic only)
16. You're Gunna Say Yeah! FBFC (Pic only)
17. Do It Again FBFC (Pic only)
18. La Bamba FBFC (Pic only)
19. Livin' On A Prayer FBFC (Pic only)
20. Ramblin' Man FBFC (Pic only)
21. Obstacle 1 FBFC (Pic only)
22. Re-Education (Through Labor) FBFC (Vid only)
23. The Kill FBFC (Pic only)
24. Schism FBFC (Pic) (Vid)
25. No Sleep Till Brooklyn FBFC (Pic only)

2/14

On June 18th, 2009, I fell in love with the ScoreHero vocals community. After posting a surprisingly popular video of a TTFAF vocals FC, I distinctly remember an outpouring of support and enthusiasm from GuitarHailz, Tidus, Cyberwaste, and tons of other ScoreHero / GH vox ambassadors. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that my time spent playing a video game would bring me such a feeling of companionship and unity! It was because of all of you that I decided to keep cranking FCs and making videos. It was because you are all so awesome.

Now, some 8 months later, I have finally completed the full series FC of Guitar Hero vocals by full comboing GHWT, GH:M, GH SH, GH 5, GH:VH, and, just this afternoon, Band Hero. The final song was the appropriately epic American Pie.

I dedicate this video to the members of ScoreHero who made rhythm games more than a pastime for me. To those who excel at plastic instruments, who nail insane guitar squeezes, or who conquer furious drum rolls. To those who devote hours on end to the betterment of the community. To those who made the journey worth traveling, this one's for you. Thank you

2/13

Hooray! Caught a Turn Off the Light FC on video! Also nailed Back Again and Put Your Records On.

That means there's only ONE FC left before the FSFC! Be patient for this one; I have something special planned!

2/13

Check out my FC run of Kung Fu Fighting! Also nailed You Had Me, In A Big Country and Gasoline. Only 4 FCs left!

2/9

Captured a video of an I Heard it Through the Grapevine FC! Only 9 FCs left!

2/7

More progress - only 14 FCs left!

2/6

ScoreHero is seriously filled with some of the most amazing talent. Check out this FBFC video of Sweating Bullets, and marvel at bendover's disgusting drum prowess. He actually FCed the song twice in a row - I choked after the roll the first time

Also, only 23 songs left before the FSFC on vocals! Congrats to boss1592 and JOE2210 for already nailing this accomplishment - hopefully with a bit more practice, I can join you guys

2/2

I'm down to my final 30 FCs before I can officially complete the full series FC! All 30 songs are in Band Hero, and there are some major roadblocks ahead (see Turn Off the Light, American Pie, etc.).

Expect some awesome videos to help count down the final FCs. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this up and join Boss's elite rank, but I'm remaining hesitant to get too excited. It could be a long while before I conquer some of the harder songs.

As always, thanks for the support and stay tuned!

1/24

Somebody get me some water! Finally recorded an ABC FC video, with all phrases in the correct octaves!

In other news, I plunked out a re-FC of World Tour this past week, since I hadn't posted scores the first time around. Not even gonna bother going for 1st - 2nd is good enough for me.

So that leaves nothing but Band Hero between me and a full series FC! Never thought I'd get this far, but I really am close! With 18 BH vox FCs, there are only 47 on-disc songs left in the entire GH vox catalog for me to FC.

I'm going for it. Wish me luck!!

1/16

It is done! I FINALLY got the FGFC of Guitar Hero: Metallica expert vocals! As usual, I did this because of you guys - thank you to everyone for your continued support!

Happily, I was also first to break 10 million career points on SH for this game - the myriad points in Merciful Fate (my last FC) pushed it over the edge!

Onto Band Hero! Stay tuned for some videos of some of the hot songs from this game. The FGFC attempt for this game should be epic.

1/15

Hooray! Finally FCed Turn the Page - Live! Sorry, no video. Only five songs left!

1/13

I've been chipping away at GH: Metallica vox for what seems like forever. Even still, I have 7 FCs left to nail, several of which I understand are quite difficult.

Still, I've been rounding up some good scores - most recently I finished off the Damaged Justice Tour and moved into fifth place overall.

Going for the FGFC this weekend! Wish me luck!

Oh, and everyone be sure to check out/sign up for the GH Vocals Community Project if you haven't already!

12/21

Had a bunch of requests for an Evil video, so here you go! Enjoy

12/20

Nailed a couple of epic FCs on my journey for a FGFC of GHM. I guess I'm pretty much done with my hiatus now. This was more short-lived than I anticipated. Sorry, no videos.

For the record, Guitar Hero Metallica is much harder than I anticipated. Most of these songs are killer, and since they're so long, I find myself choking regularly.

Still, my scores are cleaning up pretty nicely so far.

12/8

Since GH:VH is soon arriving for the rest of the world, I figured I'd post a video of Ice Cream Man, which is what I consider to be the hardest GH vocals song of all time. Some might disagree, but for me, but nothing has more difficult phrases than this song.

Enjoy!

11/23

Okay, I've been dying to sing this one, so I made a Bring Me To Life FC video. I'm still on my little hiatus, but I thought I'd jump in and keep my YouTube page active for a night. Hope you enjoy!

11/11

Guitar Hero: Van Halen Full Game FC - Expert Vocals

Wow, didn't expect this so quickly! Really happy that I nailed the FGFC, along with global 1sts on every song (well, as of 11/11 anyway). Not that there's a terribly large amount of competition right now (as only people in the US could possibly have it) but it's still something I'm proud of.

Can't wait for Airshock to swoop in and bust my scores.

Edit: Thanks, all, for your kind words. As always, they truly mean a lot to me.

Incidentally, I think I'm going to take a little break from rhythm games. Over time, I've realized that the marginal utility that I'm gaining from these games is no longer outweighing the cost and time that I put in.

This is becoming somewhat of a common theme among this forum, and I'm sorry to say I might be the next casualty - well, at least temporarily. With GHII, III, and WT, I genuinely enjoyed playing every song. With Smash Hits, I similarly had a great time documenting my FGFC on video and building a bit of a fan base.

But when GH5 came out, despite all of the game's merits, it became kind of a grindfest. Singing Deadbolt for 3 hours to find the optimal star path was not fun for me. Sure, the game in itself was great. I think my approach is what ruined it for me.

But GHVH was the icing on the cake. This was a chore. I couldn't wait to get this over with. And that's not fun. It's not how it should be. I think I'm suffering from rhythm game overload. There are simply too many games out there, and frankly, I have no desire to start working on Band Hero now. I'm simply disinterested.

I think I'm going to take some time off to finish No More Heroes (I stopped playing when GH:A came out and never went back). Since then, I've only played a handful of non-rhythm games (SM Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Fallout 3, and RE5). This is inexcusable.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back; I probably need some time to recharge my appetite for plastic singing. And I'll still hang around the forums. But for now, I need some time to remember why I liked video games in the first place.

11/7

So we were just messing around with GH Smash Hits, and somehow got a Full Band FC of Electric Eye. So random, but so awesome. After Gazoroth hit that solo, I started thinking how the FC would be possible as long as I didn't fuck anything up.

Guitar: Gazoroth (Clifferd on SH)
Bass: Shadowstep89
Drums: v reincarnate v (ElementofZero on SH)
Vocals: dr00bles

Also, pretty happy with an I Want It All FC.

11/3

Yay! Check out the video of my Semi-Charmed Life FC. It took a few hours to master. I wouldn't say any one phrase is as hard as, say, "I gotta get me get up and run" in Stone Cold Crazy, but at 94 phrases, it's incredibly difficult to string it all together.

Hope this helps others who are going for it!

11/1

Well, I took my sweet time with this, but I finally got the FGFC on GH5 vox! I saved Do You Feel Like We Do? for last, and nailed first place on it:

I was also able to achieve first place overall on GH5 career vocals, although Airshock is right on my tail. I'll need to keep grinding firsts to stay ahead.

Not sure if I'll tackle Band Hero, Guitar Hero Van Halen, or GH Metallica next. Sheesh. I can't keep up!

Anyway, as always, thanks to everyone for all of your support and kind words for my videos and accomplishments!

10/17

Two new FC videos. Somehow, I accidentally got first place on In The Meantime. Check out Ring of Fire if you're interested how my natural range sounds.

Ring of Fire
In The Meantime

Enjoy!

10/12

Stone Cold Crazy vox FC. Glad that's over. What a nightmare. But very rewarding! Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NosJf0nf-jA

Thanks to Airshock for his SCC FC vid, which helped me a ton.

10/6

Jeez, I let my thread go to the fourth page! Time for an update:

Sex on Fire
So Lonely
The Spirit of Radio

Also, a 4-vocalist FC of Judith.

Enjoy!

9/20

Hey guys, two new FCs on video:

2 Minutes To Midnight
Judith

Hope you enjoy!

9/18

Many drinks of scotch later, a Sultans of Swing FC.

9/16

Superstition FC! Hooray. But man, I screwed up the path big time. Oh well - will probably re-FC eventually.

Also, I figured out the Medicate diamond challenge. I've posted a video with the path.

9/11

I've got a lot of catching up to do on GH5 vox. I haven't had NEARLY enough time to play. But man, this game is awesome!

Last night I finally nailed the Under Pressure FC and first place on SH for now. The video isn't a run of the first place score.

9/4

I'm having a lot of fun with GH5. Some noteworthy vox FCs on video:

Fame
Sweating Bullets
Plug In Baby

Enjoy! Much more to come (but not every song this time )

8/25

Nothing special, but I've captured several more GHWT vox FCs on video:

Pull Me Under
Livin' On A Prayer
The Kill
Assassin

8/10

I think I've cleaned up my GHSH scores pretty nicely. As of now, I have six songs left that aren't global firsts (all 2nds). I'm also proud to say that I'm the first person to break 9,000,000 on GHSH vocals career. I guess that's also over 9,000 thousand. Awesome.

8/8

Toymachine beat me to this announcement, but I've posted a set of Tool vocal FCs.

Parabola
Schism
Vicarious

He requested these a while back, and I finally had some time to work on them. Hope you enjoy!

8/6

Finally improved my Caught in a Mosh score so that I have first place (or tied for first) on every GHSH song that has no freeforms. This means lots of work on pathing and squeezing, just like a real Guitar Hero player! A minor accomplishment, but an excuse to bump this thread, at least.

Now for those pesky freeforms..

7/28

Finally achieved 1st place on GH:SH on expert vocals career (on ScoreHero, at least). Don't think I'm resting on my laurels, though; I'm going to continue to look for points to pad my lead!

Also, posted a video of a Good God expert vox run.

I'll probably just be posting some videos here and there from GHWT until GH5 comes out. Thought about going for GHWT scores, but as soon as I got one 1st place score, BOYOBOYY beat it again. Not worth my time to even try.

I think I might actually try and get a video of every song on GH5. Maybe. Not making any promises.

Next I'll be working on getting up some vids of the Tool trilogy. Stay tuned!

7/19

Finally finished! Knocked out Play With Me this evening in about 45 minutes for the Full Game FC on Smash Hits Expert Vocals! AND I captured each and every one on video!

Links to all videos below. I'm gonna post a setlist scroll later. Thanks for all your support throughout this! It was frustrating at times, but all in all, I had a blast! Now to go back and work on those scores...

Last edited by dr00bles on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 am; edited 102 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dro0bles
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've got one tough one out of the way already, so that's nice. Good luck with Killer Queen, Barracuda, Back in the Saddle, and Play with Me though
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Finished first tier. And first place on Killing in the Name!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched your Killing In The Name video, and I must say you sound quite different from TTFAF

Good luck on your FGFC though!

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoArbiter wrote:
I watched your Killing In The Name video, and I must say you sound quite different from TTFAF

I'm a vocal chameleon?

Listen to Take Me Out. That's probably closer to what you're looking for

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vid for every song? Dude that's beast!

I tried to record a Killer Queen FC, and I just can't do certain songs on video, I FC as soon as I stop recording! XD Good luck with the FGFC, and even moreso getting it all on video. Can't wait to see them all (not to mention all the people you'll help with this).

I'll be keeping a close watch on this thread, that's for sure!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

I tried to record a Killer Queen FC, and I just can't do certain songs on video, I FC as soon as I stop recording! XD Good luck with the FGFC, and even moreso getting it all on video. Can't wait to see them all (not to mention all the people you'll help with this).

Make that two!

My YouTube Channel
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Make that two!

Tres! I need to remember to subscribe on youtube once I get home (can't log in there at work)
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

I anticipate many a frustrated night ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey whats with the names? HAHAHAA

drewbles >> dr00bles

what!?

LOL.

Hey awesome Vox FC's!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:

drewbles >> dr00bles

Purely coincidental, I can assure you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Next four songs are done, including a 1st place for Raining Blood. We're trucking right along!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:

drewbles << dr00bles

what!?

LOL.

Hey awesome Vox FC's!

Nice FGFC! I can't wait to see your videos posted. And how does this thread only have 1 page? It deserves more than that.
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
Nice FGFC!

Let's not jump the gun here! Haven't gotten the FGFC yet. See GuitarHailz for that

Thanks for the kind words though!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: