ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
dr00bles: 2112 Part 7: Grand Finale Vox FC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, don't worry; everyone needed a break somehow. But we're still glad to see you back; if anything your actions as a person are something to look up to for many of us to help become better people, so we all greatly missed you.

I'll be set to see what you can do

(P.S. Spaz, you forgot WhYYZ )

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
(P.S. Spaz, you forgot WhYYZ )

ah yeah, hopefully he wont kill me for forgetting it is just in my mind the only thing dutch people tend to do around here is drum and the only thing he cant seem to do is... drum

being unique ftl :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all - it feels really good to see all of you posting again! Appreciate the warm welcome back. I can't wait to start making some videos again!

Wooffus, congratulations on FCing GH Vocals - that is truly a godly accomplishment. Though I can't say I'm surprised. You're just the best ever.

A few musings and questions since I've been gone:

- Has anyone reached a FSFC on Guitar?
- Has anyone FBFCed TTFAF on Expert/Expert+?
- How are we doing with imports from previous games?
- I looked at the setlist from RB3 - looks like half the songs are from old GH games! I gotta say, RB's collective library is unreal. Is this the beginning of the end for GH? What do you think?

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:

- I looked at the setlist from RB3 - looks like half the songs are from old GH games! I gotta say, RB's collective library is unreal. Is this the beginning of the end for GH? What do you think?

- no one right now, Frank never bothered to FGFC GHWoR but prestonpunk is closest, the only song he needs for FSFC is Trogdor
- no one has tried.... big surprise there (although I am always available if anyone does want to try, shameless self advertisement ftw)
- we got the GHM imports, all of the metallica songs and a fair amount of the guest band songs, but no more imports from any other game, still no imports at all from GHVH either
- dont get me in this debate, all I will say is playing RB3 on bass is DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *carries on for infinity* UUUUL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaz has it covered, though I had no idea that Frank hasn't done WoR yet :\
Let me add one addition to the import bullet - on the Wii, the GHSH imports were broken with the release of the Kiss-mas track pack, mostly due to the questionable inclusion of "Rock and Roll All Nite". Now it's February and it still hasn't been fixed.

About RB3, I wouldn't call it the beginning of the end if the Wii ports from what I've seen on Kire's streams are STILL ridiculously buggy. In regards to the setlist tho, outside from the old GH tracks I actually show interest as a player in only 3 songs from it, being "Llama" (Phish ftw), "Rainbow in the Dark" and "Seize the Day".
Outside from that, MTV Games actually letting go of Harmonix could actually sound more like the beginning of the end for Rock Band, though it really depends on how A) they would move on without such support, and B) how Vicarious Visions (the porters for the Wii versions of GH) fare with the big step of replacing Neversoft as the main series' developer.

Regardless, thanks so much! And nope, I ain't the best ever, that's a title that's long to be kept by you

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
Thanks, all - it feels really good to see all of you posting again! Appreciate the warm welcome back. I can't wait to start making some videos again!

Wooffus, congratulations on FCing GH Vocals - that is truly a godly accomplishment. Though I can't say I'm surprised. You're just the best ever.

il take a stab at answering the 4th one, and say that, with VV taking over development, and given how bad GHWoR was, i would say maybe. at this point they really are relying on the brand name to sell copies, cos critically, RB3 wiped the floor with GHWoR in just about every way. and if there isnt a massive improvement for GH... what number are we on, 7? if there isnt a huge improvement, then i dunno, id say it could go either way right now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:

il take a stab at answering the 4th one, and say that, with VV taking over development, and given how bad GHWoR now

I'm sorry, but what? GH6 was awesome. And VV should be fine they've done a great job on the wii versions I feel they can do the same for the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:

dr00bles #1 psychic

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

il take a stab at answering the 4th one, and say that, with VV taking over development, and given how bad GHWoR now

I'm sorry, but what? GH6 was awesome. And VV should be fine they've done a great job on the wii versions I feel they can do the same for the rest.

well, i will rephrase, people may have enjoyed GH6, but NS were plainly out of ideas, there were practically no changes from GH5, other than bass sustains, the ridiculous quest mode and a new paint job, there was no creative fire at all with that game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Yahoo finance, GH just got the ax. Can't post link as I'm on my blackberry. But yeah. I come back and GH ends two days later?

Edit: I now realize how late I am to this discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw it last night. And it wasn't because of RB's collective library at all like you predicted; even MTV Games has gone bust, and Harmonix has been doing some lay-offs, so Rock Band may fall faster than we think.

So I guess while most of us are in the dark over what to do for the time being (though OneOfSwords's twitter post stated that there will still be DLC), all we can do really is to keep strong and see what you could make of the WoR setlist. We have all fingers crossed

[EDIT: My mistake. I saw the OTHER twitter link. Guess I may need to call retirement faster than I think ]

dr00bles  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an Uprising FC.

Totally easy, I know. Cut me some slack, let me ease back into this. I'm rusty!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolmuse xP Eh, whatever, suits your voice so it's no big deal, heh.
Glad to see you made a start on WoR! I know GH is a sinking ship now (and hopefully it won't affect your enjoyment of the game), but with that I'm keen to see your progress throughout.

inb4 60 million requests for Money for Nothing tho

irving12345  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally fond your thread, i've been following you on youtube for a long time. I have to thank you since you were of much help when i was beggining my career as vocalist, specially killer queen on SH i would have never got it with out your help. oh and also all the good paths you have on your videos really helped my scores lol.

Wooffus wrote:
lolmuse xP Eh, whatever, suits your voice so it's no big deal, heh.
Glad to see you made a start on WoR! I know GH is a sinking ship now (and hopefully it won't affect your enjoyment of the game), but with that I'm keen to see your progress throughout.

inb4 60 million requests for Money for Nothing tho

Wooffus muse is good lol i dont see why you dont like it.

DO MONEY FOR NOTHING!!!!!! JK lol

so you're starting WoR? its a good way to start i guess im sure you're gonna ride this very smoothly and finish it in no time good luck

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irving, I'm not saying I don't like Muse; I'm actually ok with them. It's just that after the Black Holes and Revelations album, their sudden popularity boom had an awkward impact on the way they would continue to make music; they just wouldn't be as creative as they were before. So yeah, it's not that I hate them at all, but I'm just thinking they're a little overrated.

And as I noted, I called the shots on a Money for Nothing vid to be done

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: