Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LeagueHero - TEST League *FINISHED*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think its a pretty good banner for you first try, Jizzle. Great job!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JizzleWright wrote:
The league has been a very fun new experience for me, it is just a shame that not many people are inputting scores, you're still a legend round here codemann8.

I decided to make this, it's the first banner i've made so don't be too harsh anybody

(i'm not sure why I used a disney font, it looked quite good I thought)
You thought wrong ...

Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think this can be very successful, but we need a lot of help getting the word out. The Rivalries forum isn't exactly the best place to get the word out, but hopefully things will pick up when the real season 11 starts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickyboy909 wrote:
Ok just to check if my glitch was fixed, right now( friday 8:40PM EST) it says:
03 Days, 23 Hours, 19 Minutes, 10 Seconds

sound right?

That does seem right 8pm EST is midnight GMT with the 1 hour DST difference...however if I'm not mistaken, javascript works off the time on the user's computer...if thats true if your time is off then so will the countdown clock
Ba1r0g wrote:
Well since we're already 3 weeks in and I still haven't been verified for either of the leagues I'm giving up. I love what your doing for the community codemann but I don't think I'm gonna be back until I see a front page announcement or something of the sort.

I verified you, did you sign up after I verified you?
EDIT: I think there was a problem with converting from the Hard league to expert...I should have never created that Hard League, I should have known it was going to get dropped right away
oddlyuneven wrote:
I really appreciate the effort you put into this Codemann, so I would like to leave my thoughts about the whole thing so you can use it as feedback in case you decide to stick with this thing.

Don't take this as any personal reflection on you, Codemann, but I really thought this would work out better. I thought it was set up nicely, sign-up was a breeze, score input was a cinch, and it's a really good idea for the community (we need this). But on the other hand, the participation level has been a problem since Day One (maybe there's a reason SH doesn't do this anymore?), several members were confused about the timing system (including myself), and the scoring system (to me, anyway) is so convoluted that I don't even feel like trying to figure out how I did for the week.

Again, I really appreciate the effort, and I hope this thing can take off regardless of the rocky beginning. I'll be keeping up with this thread to see which direction this thing takes from here.

I do like the feedback, its good to hear how people feel about these leagues...yeah participation sucks and that is a big problem directly affecting the success...yes, the timing system will need to be looked at more thoroughly and figure out a more consistent way to show how much time is left...as for the scoring system, its the same as how it has been for the past few leagues so I'm not sure how I could better that...a better way to see how you did for the week is clicking on whatever week you want then you can click on whatever song you want and it will show you everyone's scores

Things that should improve next time (if there is a next time):
-Better Countdown clock
-Get rid of qualification round (just use week 1 scores to determine)
-More clarification about the difference between verifying and signing up for a league
-Have an FAQ, not like people read those anyways but will help with repeating myself 100 times
-MORE ADVERTISEMENT/PUBLICITY (I WILL NEED EVERYONE'S HELP WITH THIS)
-Ability to submit proofs (for playoffs)
nickyboy909 wrote:
JizzleWright wrote:
The league has been a very fun new experience for me, it is just a shame that not many people are inputting scores, you're still a legend round here codemann8.

I decided to make this, it's the first banner i've made so don't be too harsh anybody

(i'm not sure why I used a disney font, it looked quite good I thought)
You thought wrong ...

C'mon man, you're already permarocked, why would you put yourself in a spot to have something done worse than that...last thing we need is to have this thread locked up...Jizzle, the banners great!
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
I really think this can be very successful, but we need a lot of help getting the word out. The Rivalries forum isn't exactly the best place to get the word out, but hopefully things will pick up when the real season 11 starts.

Hopefully, if it does happen...This thread was actually originally located in the TGS forum but the mods moved it here, so its next to impossible to advertise anywhere else but here...and I doubt I will be able to get a front page announcement unless we can get a good turnout for leagues for at least one season...if I asked for it after this season, they'd laugh at me...this is far under what I expected for participation...but ever since they announced leagues were done indefinitely, a bet a bunch of the leaguers in the past don't even come back to ScoreHero anymore...at least the forum side

Last edited by codemann8 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:

Hopefully, if it does happen...This thread was actually originally located in the TGS forum but the mods moved it here, so its next to impossible to advertise anywhere else but here...and I doubt I will be able to get a front page announcement unless we can get a good turnout for leagues for at least one season...if I asked for it after this season, they'd laugh at me...this is far under what I expected for participation...but ever since they announced leagues were done indefinitely, a bet a bunch of the leaguers in the past don't even come back to ScoreHero anymore...at least the forum side

I said something similar to this in a different thread, but the best way to get the word out and keep people from forgetting about the leagues mid-season would be to...

a) Put a front page announcement up for a week to let people know that they're coming back and when they can start signing up and other rules (i.e. where to sign up, # of leagues you can sign up for, etc.).
b) Put up another front page announcement for a couple weeks after saying that you have a couple weeks to sign up for whatever leagues they want to.

ONCE LEAGUES START (this is the most important part)

c) They need a spot on the front page just for leagues (maybe between the countdown to the new games and the "Guitar Hero Metallica: Now Shipping" ad) that countdowns to when score are due. I think that this is definitely the biggest thing we need if we want it to be successful. I've been doing these leagues for the past 6 seasons and the biggest problem is that people simply have a lot of stuff going in their lives and just forget about them (it even happened to me during week 2 this season and I've never forgotten). If they make it stand out (make a box around it or something?) and if it's constantly counting down to the deadline then people will notice it because it's moving as well. Now, every time someone goes to scorehero, they will see the countdown and remember "Oh yeah, I have leagues score due in..."

I really hope this works out because leagues really got me into the game when I first started playing and I truly think they are the major reason I'm as good as I am today. Unfortunately, the competitiveness of this site has seriously dropped ever since GHWT came out and I really think that these leagues can help get SH back to where it used to be competition-wise.

Again, I really hope this works out .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before...a front page announcement probably won't happen...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
sean2490  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again one of my scores is giving me 0 points. On PaJ I should be tied for first but I'm getting 0. I submitted the score at around 2:30 today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was unable to input any scores for last week, but all of my controllers have stopped working, I have ordered a new one and hopefully it will arrive today.

Anyway I think codemann is right and we probably won't be able to have a front page announcement which means it it up to us to get the word out.

One thing you could do is when the score deadline is coming everybody is emailed or sent a PM automatically saying that scores are due soon.

Edit: Ok Guitar still hasn't arrived and now my Xbox has got the RROD (again), fortunately I have GH3 for Pc but my laptop is a load of rubbish so I don't know how that will work out.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, week 4 scores are updated and everyone is placed in seeds based on their overall score, but if u don't submit a score, ur seed is dropped and the next seed takes ur place.... After this round, the seed that shows is going to be the permanent seeds... All is automated from here so Also no waiting on me to update the scores or anything

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to have to show picture proof? Or have you not integrated that into the site yet/figured out whether or not you will do that?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Are we going to have to show picture proof? Or have you not integrated that into the site yet/figured out whether or not you will do that?

Not yet...this will be added later, but not this season

nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay i made it to the next round by a technicality lulz

codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, all seeds are now final...there was a glitch for 24 minutes which I have fixed, but all is correct now...we'll see if something changes for next round, though I don't suspect so

sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's a glitch on the results page for the GH3 and I can't check who won. I'm anxious to see the result

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got beat in the 2nd round by 72 points...

at least i made it to the playoffs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: