ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Star Power for vocals is messing me up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Star Power for vocals is messing me up. Reply with quote

When I activate my SP, I find it annoying that the...detector, I guess, or the thing that tells you where you are relative to where you're supposed to sing, not the ball itself, turns from yellow to light blue, the same color as the notes. This makes me not able to see where I am or whether I'm off pitch. All I know is I would get a solid and was apparently off pitch, but I don't know whether I'm sharp or flat. Is there any way that I can fix this problem to make vocals easier to read under SP?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink fireball cheat. When you go into starpower, the fireball stays pink if you have this cheat on. For some stupid reason, the tubes still turn like a darker blue when you are on-key (making it still hard to see how well you're doing), but at least you can see where the fireball is since it doesn't turn blue like the rest of the lane.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Pink fireball cheat. When you go into starpower, the fireball stays pink if you have this cheat on. For some stupid reason, the tubes still turn like a darker blue when you are on-key (making it still hard to see how well you're doing), but at least you can see where the fireball is since it doesn't turn blue like the rest of the lane.

I am using the pink Fireball, but when I'm off, it's usually by so little that I still can't tell if I'm off or not.

Example: I'm working on an FC of Stop! and I keep missing the line "it's lit to pop and nobody ain't gonna stop" but I can't tell until the end of the phrase whether I will hit it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is screwing me up too now. I was playing Take Me Out (demo), and I was having trouble with some of the last phrases (as well as the intro of course). So I decided to see what happened when I didn't use SP at all.

I FC'd it twice in a row. Wtf?

So then I decided to try out Woman. I was getting averages everywhere. Then I tried it with no SP, like Take Me Out.

FC'd first try...

Does anyone have any tricks or will I just have to deal with it?

edit//It might be because I'm playing on a TV that's waaaay smaller than the one I'm used to playing on...I'll try on the bigger TV tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Ok, this is screwing me up too now. I was playing Take Me Out (demo), and I was having trouble with some of the last phrases (as well as the intro of course). So I decided to see what happened when I didn't use SP at all.

I FC'd it twice in a row. Wtf?

So then I decided to try out Woman. I was getting averages everywhere. Then I tried it with no SP, like Take Me Out.

FC'd first try...

Does anyone have any tricks or will I just have to deal with it?

edit//It might be because I'm playing on a TV that's waaaay smaller than the one I'm used to playing on...I'll try on the bigger TV tomorrow.

The worst I've come across is when you use SP in the sections in Stop! that are in the "God damn radio part" just because the transparent highway shows what is on the rest of the screen, which is the lights turning a light tan. That background with SP activated makes it almost impossible to tell what I'm hitting and what I'm not.

Also, I did get Stop! after much difficulty and I'm moving on to other songs tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst was on Electric Eye for me. To get an uberscore you need to throw SP on little phrases that you can read when it's under SP. So when it comes to the fast part with fast changing AND weird pitches... I retried like what, 20 times, but i got it twice in a row on training (I don't know if you see, the weird part just after the slow "electric eye blablabla", like 30th phrase or something). HOW STUPID IS THAT

When it goes so fast you can't even see what you do

But I finally got it hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: