ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7/9 DLC - Victory Track Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
Where does Neversoft come up with this stuff?

Good question. I think they just draw randomly out of a hat, because the DLC is always full of groups that noone has ever heard of....

Yeah, the obscure groups such as:
Hendrix
Queen
Motorhead
Bob Seger
Bruce Springsteen
ZZ Top
Paul McCartney

Just like Rock band releases music from these unheard of bands:
Green Day
Foreigner
Iron Maiden
Guns N' Roses
Journey
Pearl Jam
SRV

Also, Cabanon, do you have a source on Bloodmeat being free? All I've seen about it is that it will be "Available for download."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
First off, Victory records doesn't really have Metal.

what would you call Darkest Hour, Between The Buried & Me, Wretched, Red I Flight, Bury Your Dead, Otep, The Autumn Offering, A Hero A Fake, Arise & Ruin, Emmure, Carnifex, Sister Sin, Within The Ruins, and The Warriors?

And those are just on their current roster, Victory has released TONS of metal albums (probably just as many, if not more, than any other genre they cater to).
[X] Complete GH:WT Guitar career on Expert
[50%] Complete GH:WT Drum career on Expert
[X] Complete GH:WT Bass career on Expert
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elemenohpe wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

what would you call Darkest Hour, Between The Buried & Me, Wretched, Red I Flight, Bury Your Dead, Otep, The Autumn Offering, A Hero A Fake, Arise & Ruin, Emmure, Carnifex, Sister Sin, Within The Ruins, and The Warriors?

And those are just on their current roster, Victory has released TONS of metal albums (probably just as many, if not more, than any other genre they cater to).

Metalcore, Hardcore and Progressive.

Don't really see any metal on that list.

Edit: Hardcore derives from Punk and so does Metalcore

Progressive is just a fusion genre, not really any metal metal on that list.

Edit 2:

If you think about it, Michael Jackson can be linked to metal in someway. Doesn't mean I'm gonna call him a metal band.

Edit 3: Everything ever made is metal

Edit 4: Naw, Metalcore just sucks ass. Most metelheads don't want it to be considered metal because not only does it suck, but it does have punk influence so we can say it's not Metal. It's like me saying Tony Hawk Ride doesn't exist, it's because I don't want to remember the Tony Hawk series for sucking, like Metalcore will make Metal looks like it sucks.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.

Last edited by OnionPowder on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
elemenohpe wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

...all of which fall under the metal umbrella. there's no "hardcore" bands on the list. there's certainly a hardcore influence in many of those bands but, they're all more rooted in metal than anything else.

i'm not trying to sit here and argue about what's metal and what isn't. it's all metal to me. if you don't see it that way, i think that's a shame since they all obviously share and exhibit metal traits. agree to disagree i guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
4mercafella20  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll save my money for the lil Wayne pack
Zach21  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
elemenohpe wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

Progressive is just a fusion genre, not really any metal metal on that list. J

BTBAM is a progressive metal band.

Also, as has been said before, the rest of the bands all fall under sub-genres of metal. If you want to pigeonhole, be my guest, but they all can be linked to metal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4mercafella20 wrote:
I think I'll save my money for the lil Wayne pack

lmao thats the funniest shit ive ever read on here. i tell ya what they way dlc has been going i wouldnt doubt a lil wayne pack coming up he does have guitars in his songs. 90% of this dlc is garbage great wt gets a few songs rockband doesnt have so what rockband has about 1000 i want in wt. i dont mind the unknown bands or new bands but gh really struggles with getting consistent big name bands in dlc sure everynow and then they score one but this is the reason i dont buy anymore packs
gamecubeRLZ  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the silverstein song looks pretty fun but i'm gonna save my money for thrice and alexisonfire in 2 weeks and PTH the week after. Finally some good WT DLC!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:

Edit 2:

If you think about it, Michael Jackson can be linked to metal in someway. Doesn't mean I'm gonna call him a metal band.

Metalcore is more metal than anything else. Period. There are influences of hardcore but, they rarely overshadow the metal influence. In regards to the progressive argument, trying to say because a band can incorporate other genres INTO a primarily metal sound makes them a whole genre of their own is nonsense.

Look at Slayer's Divine Intervention... it's a very punk rock influenced album, yet they're still considered a metal band, right?

Having a slight connection in a couple of singles doesn't make MJ metal... but by your logic, then (Eddie) Van Halen IS the definition of metal... c'mon. Let's get off the high horse, open our ears and open our minds. It's. all. metal.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the GH3 song by the sleeping?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
what was the GH3 song by the sleeping?

don't hold back. it was one of the bonus songs.
Zach21  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elemenohpe wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

Edit 2:

Metalcore is more metal than anything else. Period. There are influences of hardcore but, they rarely overshadow the metal influence. In regards to the progressive argument, trying to say because a band can incorporate other genres INTO a primarily metal sound makes them a whole genre of their own is nonsense.

Look at Slayer's Divine Intervention... it's a very punk rock influenced album, yet they're still considered a metal band, right?

Having a slight connection in a couple of singles doesn't make MJ metal... but by your logic, then (Eddie) Van Halen IS the definition of metal... c'mon. Let's get off the high horse, open our ears and open our minds. It's. all. metal.

Purists just don't like having metalcore associated with metal. It makes them less cool, or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
xredsox1983 wrote:
Are you people serious when you say you've never heard of VICTORY RECORDS??? their only the most popular record label out there when it comes to hardcore/metal/emo music out there..if you've never heard of victory records you live in a cave.

Secondly, most people around here try to stay away from Emo and Hardcore so that's why they haven't heard of Victory.

Anyways, Victory used to have the good ol' Atreyu and I used to like Silverstein way back when. So this pack is interesting enough.

I'm so sorry that i included that they have METAL. Judging by your picture i can tell that your a youngin and i've probably listened to underground music since you where born.With that being said dont tell me what victory records is.Thank you.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xredsox1983 wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:
xredsox1983 wrote:
Are you people serious when you say you've never heard of VICTORY RECORDS??? their only the most popular record label out there when it comes to hardcore/metal/emo music out there..if you've never heard of victory records you live in a cave.

Secondly, most people around here try to stay away from Emo and Hardcore so that's why they haven't heard of Victory.

Anyways, Victory used to have the good ol' Atreyu and I used to like Silverstein way back when. So this pack is interesting enough.

I'm so sorry that i included that they have METAL. Judging by your picture i can tell that your a youngin and i've probably listened to underground music since you where born.With that being said dont tell me what victory records is.Thank you.

That isn't me in the picture.

And I don't mean they don't have ANY Metal. I mean they don't have much. And just because a band is underground, doesn't mean it's good. I'm sure BFMV was underground at one point.

Also, you don't know anything about Tampa/Orlando most likely (since you live in Mass). The area I live in is the birthplace of many Death Metal bands. There's more "underground" Death Metal bands down here then metal bands you think you know so much about.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
StolenRioT  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
elemenohpe wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

Edit 2:

Edit 3: Everything ever made is metal

Edit 4: Naw, Metalcore just sucks ass. Most metelheads don't want it to be considered metal because not only does it suck, but it does have punk influence so we can say it's not Metal. It's like me saying Tony Hawk Ride doesn't exist, it's because I don't want to remember the Tony Hawk series for sucking, like Metalcore will make Metal looks like it sucks.

Edit 1 - Not all Metalcore is derived from Punk. Some is derived from metal with punk influences.

Edit 2 - There's a difference between being linked to something than actually being a part of it.

Edit 3 - This contradicts your above statement.

Edit 4 - Explain more thoroughly why it sucks please? I can say something sucks too but that's an opinion, not a fact. Every genre has their fair share of shit in it but each genre also has their gold in it (BtBaM). Dismissing a genre as a whole as shit is quite ignorant of you. From what I can gather from your post, you don't hate Metalcore because "it's not really metal, IMO" but because of the scene/emo image attached to it. I, personally, don't like Metalcore very much either but it's not because of their scene/emo image, but because most of it sounds really similar and repetitive to me and I don't really like the vocals either. By your "Hurr Durr! This has punk so it r not tr00 metal LoLz!!!1!!11" logic, you contradict yourself, since Megadeth's first album and Slayer's album "Divine Intervention" both have punk influences in them and they are both most definitely 100% considered metal. Also, a little education about genres: Genres are used to help people find bands of similar sound to expand their musical horizon. By saying that progressive is simply that, doesn't really serve the purpose of what a genre is really for. You wouldn't recommend King Crimson to someone asking for bands similar to Between the Buried and Me just because they're both progressive, would you?

P.S. You really need to learn more about music before you go about all high and mighty declaring what is and isn't part of a certain genre just because you think it sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: