ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7/9 DLC - Victory Track Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StolenRioT wrote:
Edit 1 - Not all Metalcore is derived from Punk. Some is derived from metal with punk influences.

Edit 2 - There's a difference between being linked to something than actually being a part of it.

Edit 3 - This contradicts your above statement.

Edit 4 - Explain more thoroughly why it sucks please? I can say something sucks too but that's an opinion, not a fact. Every genre has their fair share of shit in it but each genre also has their gold in it (BtBaM). Dismissing a genre as a whole as shit is quite ignorant of you. From what I can gather from your post, you don't hate Metalcore because "it's not really metal, IMO" but because of the scene/emo image attached to it. I, personally, don't like Metalcore very much either but it's not because of their scene/emo image, but because most of it sounds really similar and repetitive to me and I don't really like the vocals either. By your "Hurr Durr! This has punk so it r not tr00 metal LoLz!!!1!!11" logic, you contradict yourself, since Megadeth's first album and Slayer's album "Divine Intervention" both have punk influences in them and they are both most definitely 100% considered metal. Also, a little education about genres: Genres are used to help people find bands of similar sound to expand their musical horizon. By saying that progressive is simply that, doesn't really serve the purpose of what a genre is really for. You wouldn't recommend King Crimson to someone asking for bands similar to Between the Buried and Me just because they're both progressive, would you?

P.S. You really need to learn more about music before you go about all high and mighty declaring what is and isn't part of a certain genre just because you think it sucks.

Most of those edits are me being super sarcastic. So stop acting like you know everything when basically everything I said was a joke. Minus the Metalcore part, I just don't like Metalcore music, The vocals are weak the guitar riffs are bad and the songs sound the same. I don't give a shit about the image of any band. I listen to Necrophagist and I make fun of how they look all the fucking time.

Your assumptions on my post were completely incorrect. I just don't like bands in the metalcore section, you can call them Metal if you want, but I think that they aren't really metal. Bash me all you want for it, but I think for something to be metal it has to be good.

Also, I like some Emo music. Cap'n Jazz anyone?

Edit 2 and 3 were not serious at all, not one bit of it. Edit 4 was just my opinion on Metalcore.

Carry on.

P.S. I do know a lot about music, more than most people do. And read the above post. I know there are some metal on Victory Records, but not that much. That label is more geared towards hardcore it seems.

Now carry on.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
I know there are some metal on Victory Records, but not that much. That label is more geared towards hardcore it seems

that's the only point I was arguing. then it became an overly-drawn out exchange over what falls under metal.

and i dig cap'n jazz. i prefer analphabetapolothology over any owen album.
[X] Complete GH:WT Guitar career on Expert
[50%] Complete GH:WT Drum career on Expert
[X] Complete GH:WT Bass career on Expert
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
StolenRioT  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
StolenRioT wrote:
Edit 1 - Not all Metalcore is derived from Punk. Some is derived from metal with punk influences.

Edit 2 - There's a difference between being linked to something than actually being a part of it.

Edit 3 - This contradicts your above statement.

Edit 4 - Explain more thoroughly why it sucks please? I can say something sucks too but that's an opinion, not a fact. Every genre has their fair share of shit in it but each genre also has their gold in it (BtBaM). Dismissing a genre as a whole as shit is quite ignorant of you. From what I can gather from your post, you don't hate Metalcore because "it's not really metal, IMO" but because of the scene/emo image attached to it. I, personally, don't like Metalcore very much either but it's not because of their scene/emo image, but because most of it sounds really similar and repetitive to me and I don't really like the vocals either. By your "Hurr Durr! This has punk so it r not tr00 metal LoLz!!!1!!11" logic, you contradict yourself, since Megadeth's first album and Slayer's album "Divine Intervention" both have punk influences in them and they are both most definitely 100% considered metal. Also, a little education about genres: Genres are used to help people find bands of similar sound to expand their musical horizon. By saying that progressive is simply that, doesn't really serve the purpose of what a genre is really for. You wouldn't recommend King Crimson to someone asking for bands similar to Between the Buried and Me just because they're both progressive, would you?

P.S. You really need to learn more about music before you go about all high and mighty declaring what is and isn't part of a certain genre just because you think it sucks.

Most of those edits are me being super sarcastic. So stop acting like you know everything when basically everything I said was a joke. Minus the Metalcore part, I just don't like Metalcore music, The vocals are weak the guitar riffs are bad and the songs sound the same. I don't give a shit about the image of any band. I listen to Necrophagist and I make fun of how they look all the fucking time.

Your assumptions on my post were completely incorrect. I just don't like bands in the metalcore section, you can call them Metal if you want, but I think that they aren't really metal. Bash me all you want for it, but I think for something to be metal it has to be good.

Also, I like some Emo music. Cap'n Jazz anyone?

Edit 2 and 3 were not serious at all, not one bit of it. Edit 4 was just my opinion on Metalcore.

Carry on.

P.S. I do know a lot about music, more than most people do. And read the above post. I know there are some metal on Victory Records, but not that much. That label is more geared towards hardcore it seems.

Now carry on.

Translation: I make up a lie so I don't look like a dumbass.

There's a difference between being sarcastic and completely changing your opinion (which is what you just did).
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
StolenRioT wrote: Translation: I make up a lie so I don't look like a dumbass.

There's a difference between being sarcastic and completely changing your opinion (which is what you just did).

Although overall I think you are correct (whereas I think OnionPowder is wrong), I first interpretted OnionPowder's edits 2 and 3 as sarcasm. There's no way to prove or disprove him. You can be kind and give him the benefit of the doubt or be cynical.

And OnionPowder, you can have your own opinions, but even if you don't like something it can still be Metal (for example, apples and oranges are fruit whether you like them or not, your not liking them wont disprove the fact that they're fruits. of course ultimately this is all just human perception, but that's not relevant. ).

A short list of metal bands that are currently signed to Victory Records:

A Day to Remember
Beneath the Sky
Between the buried and Me
Bury Your Dead
Emmure
Giles
Otep
Sinister Sin

PS: Hardcore is not Metal, it's Punk with Metal influences.
Metalcore is Metal with Punk influences.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StolenRioT wrote:
Translation: I make up a lie so I don't look like a dumbass.

"Edit 2:

If you think about it, Michael Jackson can be linked to metal in someway. Doesn't mean I'm gonna call him a metal band.

Edit 3: Everything ever made is metal "

Yep, that is completely serious.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
ghmaster92  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridetheexpres420 wrote:
what happened to the good tunes? seriously, i bought all of the GH3 DLC and have to yet to purchase any GHWT DLC that isnt free.

song selection is going down the shitter, they are just worried about not being able to get the master half the time. IDC if they arent masters, i want better songs jesus.

guitar hero dies with the insertion of Coldplay

I completely agree with you. Rock Band is only releasing one game this year and Guitar Hero is releasing FIVE. Guitar hero is more worried about innovation and attracting new fans instead of pleasing the fans they already had.
Systematic1  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had GHTW, this would be the first DLC pack I'd buy.

Even though the squeal in I Am The Arsonist charted as a GYO chord = Activision still sucking at making charts, they sure have gotten better though..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: