Laupow: I'm alive! Rock This Town, Madhouse, Sweet Child FCs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laupow17  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Congrats on the new FCs.

gogogo Optimal CoFwRaR pl0x!

Thanks. As for getting optimal, you're assuming I want to play that song again. Bleh. I know it's pretty famous for being an easy optimal to get, but I still would need to get a little more comfortable with select activation before I gave that one a try.

RichardGHP wrote:

I was bored yesterday and I had a look at your posts, and in your very first post, I think you said something about wanting to get 20 FCs.

Yep, that was me! I remember saying that, too. The weird thing is, I didn't accomplish my goal until May. I was stuck on 16 FCs for forever and I sort of just gave up, and then when school started, I sort of put GH3 on the back burner for a while. I played a little World Tour when I got the chance, but I kept the game at my friend's apartment because she had the better TV, so I only got to play when I went over there. Then when school ended, I played a little GH2. Then in May I went back to GH3 and was like, "Ok....it's time to reach 20." And now I have 45. Lord.

RichardGHP wrote:

I can see you getting a FGFC... eventually.

Sure, maybe when I'm 35.

RichardGHP wrote:

Edit: Thank god you finally removed the word 'Lowly' from your title, I couldn't stand to see someone this good doubt their ability.

Actually, I only removed it from the title because I couldn't fit my two FCs into the title without removing the "lowly". I don't really think I'm lowly though. It's more tongue-in-cheek because there are some really great players with 50, and even 60 FCs that still call themselves mediocre. It's like... oh please....

RichardGHP wrote:

Edit 2: Damn! I just realized that I lost our race to FC ItBoaS. I guess in the end, it went to the most deserving person.

I didn't want to say anything about it lest you think I'm bragging, but...yeah.

illiniguy wrote:
I don't know if you said what FC you're going for next, but I reccomend
SUck my Kiss if you don't have it.

I tried that last night and got SOOOOOO close. I missed in the fast strumming like two notes from the end. I was pissed. I am giving that one a try, though. I really want that one especially, because now it's the only Quickplay Exclusive I have left.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

illiniguy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race you for a Suck my Kiss FC. You'll probably win, but the only Quickplay Exclusive FC I have is Sabotage and I think I'm going to need everything but Monsters (never will get it) and CoFwRaR to get my goal of 30 FCs. So this might motivate me to get my second quickplay exclusive FC.
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God fucking damnit, minus one in the solo in the part because I didn't strum. I even FC'd the fast strumming.
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVEN MORE GOD FUCKING DAMNIT: I FC'D UNTIL THE THIRD-TO-LAST MOTHERFUCKING NOTE OF THE SONG.
I give up on the song and maybe the game (damnit I just lost the game), so you win the race by default. Ima gonna go play some basketball, something I'm actually good at...
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, good luck with #43 - ah, I mean, #46.

Let me know when you get it.
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Sorry about posting earlier. That was more about me than you, lapouw, and I regret taking the attention away (if I did, hopefully I didn't).
Good luck getting to 50. I'm probably not going to come back to this thread for a while, so see you in the mediocre rivalry thread!
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:
Yeah. Sorry about posting earlier. That was more about me than you, laupow, and I regret taking the attention away (if I did, hopefully I didn't).
Good luck getting to 50. I'm probably not going to come back to this thread for a while, so see you in the mediocre rivalry thread!

Fixed a small mistake there.

But yeah, good luck getting to 50. I KNOW you can do it.
laupow17  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:
EVEN MORE GOD FUCKING DAMNIT: I FC'D UNTIL THE THIRD-TO-LAST MOTHERFUCKING NOTE OF THE SONG.

God, that's awful! Usually when that happens, it's because I accidentally flick the strum bar. Is that what happened to you?

I did the same thing you did earlier on Suck My Kiss. Missed something dumb in the early part of the solo and then FCed the fast strumming. FML.

RichardGHP wrote:

Fixed a small mistake there.
But yeah, good luck getting to 50. I KNOW you can do it.

It seems so close...yet so very far away...

Oh, but I did get a My Curse FC.
My Accomplishment Thread

BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on My Curse! I recently got that one too. Also good job 8-starring Monsters, I still have to FC that!

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, if you can get 3 FCs in 2 days, you're well on your way to 50.

Good luck!

I KNEW you could get My Curse with practice.
vlad-  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Curse?!

Very nice!

I havent got that yet, desperately need it.

Whats your verse method if I may ask?
Acc Thread - FC #55 HiC, #56 BiF!

TTFAF 5* [x] (23/6/2009)
TTFAF 700k [ ] 631k
50 GH3X FC's [x] Welcome to the Jungle
55 GH3X FC's [x] Holiday In Cambodia
60 GH3X FC's [56] Latest - Before I Forget
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Curse is a great FC, with all those damn graced notes , they're really stupid. Great job on the FC !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN YOU JON!! You put the lowly back into the title just as you FC a song that I am major chokefest on!
Oh well, guess I'll just have to smoke you some other way.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
laupow17  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlad- wrote:
My Curse?!

Very nice!

I havent got that yet, desperately need it.

Whats your verse method if I may ask?

Thanks for the congrats everyone. ThunderAlex hit the nail on the head. The grace notes will screw you over. So I had to take the verse riff up to the prechorus into practice mode to figure out how to hit stuff.

Couple of general tips:
-ALT STRUM EVERYTHING. (I literally alt strummed the entire song except for the slow chords right before the outro). The outro doesn't rape your hand as much when it's alt-strummed, I've noticed.
-STRUM LOUDLY! Make that strum bar click. It helps you keep time

First up is the verse riff. I tried as hard as I could to avoid strumming the hammer ons in this section (I'm referring to the and the ), but I couldn't stay on rhythm when I did that (I think it's because there are two grace notes right after one another), so I strummed the greens. Hopefully you won't overstrum, but it's so close to the beginning you can restart if you do. Make sure to strum a tad early in this section so the greens don't register before you strum them.

The next weird part is

For the love of God, don't strum this hammer on. It will screw you over, big time. As for the fingering of this, I honestly have no idea what I do. My fingers suddenly found themselves capable of hitting this, even though I was physically incapable of hitting this part consistently until yesterday. One thing to keep in mind is that once you get to the green note, anchor the green fret because a chord follows shortly after.

After this, you'll start seeing some more grace note stuff. At this point, I wouldn't strum them. I didn't have a problem when I only had one grace note to contend with, and you're risking too much after already getting through the verse riff trying to strum any extra stuff.

Another weird section
- - - -- -- -- , with the yellow being a hammer on. (Dashes are for the space)

I found out today that the ONLY way I can hit this is to strum the yellow hammer on. Don't know why. Something to do with rhythm or something. I dunno, I'm not a music major. So it ends up being that you sort of play a fast triplet (with a slight gap for the blue) and the rest of it is slower. Strum loudly! Helps you with your timing.

Also, this is unrelated to the verses, but an easy way to make sure you hit the first three notes is to notice if the "50 Note Streak!" message comes up JUST between the and the note at the very beginning of the first SP phrase. If it comes up a little later, you've screwed up.

blackhawk12 wrote:
DAMN YOU JON!! You put the lowly back into the title just as you FC a song that I am major chokefest on!
Oh well, guess I'll just have to smoke you some other way.

Hehehehe.

Well, I choked on My Curse three times after both of the verses, so I feel your pain.

If you're trying to smoke me, go for Pride and Joy. There are two fills in that song that I never hit, and even when I hit one of them, I miss the other.

By the way, I only took out the lowly before because I couldn't put in my Helicopter and COFWRAR FCs (which I got one right after the other) in my title together. Something had to go. My Curse is a short name for a song though, so the "lowly" fit in again.

I plan to take the "lowly" out though if I get 50. That's a respectable number, even on ScoreHero.

RichardGHP wrote:
Hell, if you can get 3 FCs in 2 days, you're well on your way to 50.

Good luck!

I KNEW you could get My Curse with practice.

*Cough, cough, 4, cough, cough*

I'm shocked and a bit humbled to admit it, but you were absolutely right. Thanks for believing in me.
My Accomplishment Thread

Last edited by laupow17 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
vosnos  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey first of all, your accomplishments are definitely not lowly! Give yourself some more credit haha. My Curse is a tough FC and I never thought I'd get it until those grace notes suddenly clicked one day. Keep up the good work, what are you going for next?

VISIT MY ACC. THREAD! | MY BANNERS | I LIKE SHOES

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: