SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Laupow: I'm alive! Rock This Town, Madhouse, Sweet Child FCs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laupow17  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I will freely admit this.

Black Magic Woman is the closest thing to an absolute fluke that I've ever gotten. I have never FCed the first streak of oranges (in practice or otherwise), and I've only nailed the second streak of oranges once, a long time ago, also because of luck. I was absolutely SHAKING after I got it.

I turned on the game. Played the song as a warm-up. FCed it. I had no intention of even beating my high score. I didn't know if I was supposed to end on an upstrum or downstrum in the fast oranges, but I just about shat my pants when I kept my multiplier after the second orange streak (heck, I was flipping after hitting streak #1). In other words, it was absolute luck. I know this FC is usually a lot of luck, but this is the EPITOME of a luck FC. I'm eternally grateful for getting this without even the slightest bit of actual effort, because the thought of having to play this over and over would have driven me crazy. I totally didn't deserve this FC.

Translation: OMFG HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it couldn't have been completely luck. Congrats on that FC, and good luck (well, skill hopefully) FCing it again if you ever try for optimal on that song. You just might beat me to 50 FCs

Last edited by BlazeDGO on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
vosnos  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?!?! I'm so jealous! I don't even have this FC, congrats man. And it's even more impressive to get it so early. I'm sure you'll be up to 45 FCs real soon, good luck!

VISIT MY ACC. THREAD! | MY BANNERS | I LIKE SHOES

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FCs you have there! I just recently got Black Magic Woman as well. And you should definitely get Pride and Joy next. it's not that hard; there's like 3 or 4 fast, random trills and the rest isn't that bad. And this is coming from somebody with only 30 GH3 X FCs
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job, BMW was a bitch for me to FC and for you to have never hit solo 2 and get the FC first try is just ridiculous. I wish i could fluke FCs like that.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I notice more and more people getting BMW lately, it's crazy. Huge congrats, I'd say you can definitely get to 50 (and beyond) at this rate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:

^This.

DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
laupow17  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate being a bump whore, so I was going to wait until somebody else posted before replying to all you guys...but I did get another FC...oh what the hell! I finally got Suck My Kiss, which completes the Quickplay Exclusives tier (this is especially shocking because a month ago, the only two FCs I had in this tier were Sabotage and Reptilia).

BlazeDGO wrote:
Well it couldn't have been completely luck. Congrats on that FC, and good luck (well, skill hopefully) FCing it again if you ever try for optimal on that song. You just might beat me to 50 FCs

No, really, it was. I might as well have been strumming with my foot. I will say one thing, though; I play a lot better when I'm not worried about choking, and since I never expected to hit one of the streaks, let alone the whole thing, I didn't have the whole choking factor to contend with, so maybe that was a tiny fraction of it.

vosnos wrote:
WTF?!?! I'm so jealous! I don't even have this FC, congrats man. And it's even more impressive to get it so early. I'm sure you'll be up to 45 FCs real soon, good luck!

Sorry to split hairs about picayune details, but I had 47 by the time you posted that. You probably meant to say 50, and I'm hoping for that, too. Thanks for the luck wishes; I'm going to need them.

Also, your GH1 FCs are so out of my reach it's not even funny. I can't even fathom a day where I could FC Godzilla or Crossroads (but I'll gladly trade my Black Magic Woman FC for either of those two!)

9001 wrote:
Nice FCs you have there! I just recently got Black Magic Woman as well. And you should definitely get Pride and Joy next. it's not that hard; there's like 3 or 4 fast, random trills and the rest isn't that bad. And this is coming from somebody with only 30 GH3 X FCs

Thanks!

Oy vey... Pride and Joy. Lord. I tried going for that tonight and messed up the very last trill before everything gets easy. It doesn't help that I hate listening to that song.

1PARTYBOY1 wrote:
Nice Job, BMW was a bitch for me to FC and for you to have never hit solo 2 and get the FC first try is just ridiculous. I wish i could fluke FCs like that.

Thanks! I know you got this, too, and I remember thinking, "There is no way in hell I'm ever going to get that." And honestly, I don't feel like I deserved it at all. I normally shy away from banners period, but I especially wouldn't consider having a Black Magic Woman banner because part of me feels guilty that I got the FC in the first place.

By the way, if you're looking for fluke FC potential, try Don't Hold Back.

dramacomic wrote:
Man, I notice more and more people getting BMW lately, it's crazy. Huge congrats, I'd say you can definitely get to 50 (and beyond) at this rate

Thanks so much for the compliments and encouragement! I'm really hoping for 50. I'd like flip out if I got there.

blackhawk12 wrote:
laupow17 wrote:

^This.

DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!

I'm telling you, AJ! Go for Pride And Joy! It's very doable, especially if you don't hate the song with a passion, like I do.
My Accomplishment Thread

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:

RichardGHP wrote:
Hell, if you can get 3 FCs in 2 days, you're well on your way to 50.

Good luck!

I KNEW you could get My Curse with practice.

*Cough, cough, 4, cough, cough*

I'm shocked and a bit humbled to admit it, but you were absolutely right. Thanks for believing in me.

Sorry! 4 FCs in 2 days. I don't think I could do that. Ever.

But good luck with 49 and 50. I'm still believing in you! As always, lemme know when you get there.
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for Nothing for me Here. The difficulty of that song is stupidly overrated. It's an easy choke, but only a bit harder than My Curse in that sense. Otherwise, just Practice Solo 3, as once you get it, you never lose it. I myself am terrible at the song as far as choking goes, but since you got My Curse you could definitely get it. Also, The Way it Ends is another choke-song that's highly overrtaed. The weird alt-strumming part in Shredding Solo 1 takes practice, but again you could definitely get it.
Finally, I'm not sure if you have it, but if you don't make sure you get Rock You Like a Hurricane. It takes a bit of a fluke run to get it, but if you got BMW that way then you should have little difficulty.
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:
Go for Nothing for me Here. The difficulty of that song is stupidly overrated. It's an easy choke, but only a bit harder than My Curse in that sense. Otherwise, just Practice Solo 3, as once you get it, you never lose it. I myself am terrible at the song as far as choking goes, but since you got My Curse you could definitely get it. Also, The Way it Ends is another choke-song that's highly overrtaed. The weird alt-strumming part in Shredding Solo 1 takes practice, but again you could definitely get it.
Finally, I'm not sure if you have it, but if you don't make sure you get Rock You Like a Hurricane. It takes a bit of a fluke run to get it, but if you got BMW that way then you should have little difficulty.

I have to agree.

Hell, I'M even going for NFmH. I don't see why evryone thinks it's so hard.
I even 5*ed it sightread.

[worst analogy ever] Think of the solos as cities: In between those cities, there are looooong overpasses called 'The Verses and Choruses'. The cities can be hard to navigate if you don't know your way around them, but once you spend some time with a map (Practice Mode), you can find your way around with ease. [/worst analogy ever]

What I'm trying to say is, practice the solos until you can get them consistently, and then go do it on a real run. Once you get the solos, the rest is so easy it could make a baby blush.

Go for it, I DARE you.
lancedxboi  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, great job on BMW fc! I haven't even fc'ed that song! I don't think I'll even fc it with my life on the line!
create avatar
laupow17  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:

Well, not only is Nothing For Me Here an easy choke (which automatically puts it out of the running for a song that I'm going to go for), but it's also one of my worst songs. In fact, it is the last song I've 5-starred (since I still haven't 5 starred TTFAF yet). I have FINALLY gotten the verses down somewhat, but combining that with the solos....no way.

The Way It Ends is actually a song that I would be good at if I had the endurance for it. I've always been pretty decent at spurt strumming, but it's just so relentless that my hands get tired in like 30 seconds. But then again, the solos.... Achhhh. You need to tap, and I can't tap.

EDIT:
I just played the solos of TWIE. They aren't nearly as hard as I remember them being and don't require tapping at all, lol. But even still, the endurance!!!

Rock You Like A Hurricane demands a completely different skill set than Black Magic Woman. RYLAH is some rough tapping sections and BMW is just strumming (and some luck). They aren't comparable, really.

RichardGHP wrote:

I have to agree.

Hell, I'M even going for NFmH. I don't see why evryone thinks it's so hard.
I even 5*ed it sightread.

Frankly, that's pretty amazing. The verses are so weird to be able to pick up on sightread. A lot of people consider it on par with The Way It Ends and Raining Blood in terms of 5 *ability (which as I said, I got both of these before NFMH)

lancedxboi wrote:
Man, great job on BMW fc! I haven't even fc'ed that song! I don't think I'll even fc it with my life on the line!

Thanks!

The fact that I didn't at all expect to FC it actually calmed me down enough that I didn't choke while I was playing it. In other words, if I had been trying to get the FC, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.
My Accomplishment Thread

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the NFmH 5* WAAAYYYYY before RaBl and I still haven't gotten TWiE.

You have to learn not to choke sometime. NFmH is a good song to practice not choking. Though the overall difficulty is WAY overrated IMO.

That said, it's a song you're either good or bad at.

Anyway, good luck with getting to 50!
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Richard. NFmH seems far more intimidating than it is. And what is this talk of TWiE being as difficult to five star as RaBl and NFMH? I've five stared RaBl ONCE and got consistent at NFMH way after I got TWiE.
And, again, My Curse is just as big of a chokefest as NFMH is. All you need to do is learn Solo 3, combine that with your prowess on My Curse, and ta-da, NFMH is FC'd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: