ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Viewing all scores at once

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Viewing all scores at once Reply with quote

I wrote a few php to rip apart the raw data of a GH save file and display all the expert top 5s on a single chart (only for profile_1, though this can and will be changed once I am certain I have my initial groundwork in good shape).

So, if you have a modded ps2, or a game enhancer, any method of getting that DATA file off the mc, feel free to head over to http://www.mmu96.com/gh/gh.php and upload the data file.

If it doesn't work, please let me know. I only have my own file to work with, so I can't be sure if the offsets are relative or absolute. Once the offset for the first song of the first profile on easy is pinpointed, all others are relative, so it's easy, but I'm not sure if that offset is always there.

Please, upload DATA files (the file is called DATA), and tell me if your scores don't show up. If it doesn't work, it wouldn't hurt to save the html page and send it to me

The upload link is at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DATA file is located in the /BASLUS-21224/ folder, if that is of any use to anyone!
fatespeaks  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check that out tonight. I think it would be cool to use game save data to automate submissions to score-hero.
-Aaron
dieselmachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

This wasn't really intended to be an addon for score hero, as im sure the data could be manipulated with a hex editor and then submitted automatically. This was designed as a way for a household or similar close-knit (trusted) group to view the top 5 in the areas that matter, while mostly removing the incentive anyone would have to cheat.

Also, for anyone who may have tried it earlier and found it somewhat messed up, i redid the offset calculations, and now they should be working. They work with my data, anyone else who wishes to test it, be my guest.

Also, I don't save the data files you send, if anyone is worried about privacy of their guitar hero scores. So in the event that something looks wrong, feel free to send me the html page and, if you're down, the data file too.

my data files have been 122,880 bytes every time since i created this program, but some sections in the data file have variable length, such as what guitars you've purchased and such, so potentially your files could be larger. If this is the case, please let me know in one way or another.
fatespeaks  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Good stuff man! Reply with quote

The site seems to work fine with my data files now. It is good that you allow selection of different bands. As far as cheting the Score Hero system goes, it would be easier to just type a fake score and not submit a pic that it would be to hex-edit a save file. That said, it is also a lot easier to enter a few scores manually than it is to boot the PS2 with AR-Max, copy the save file to a USB stick, extract the data file, and upload. Still your site is pretty cool man.

Cheers,
Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: