ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ChartHero Project - Alpha Version Program!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juwarnke  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Just ot make sure you don't code something wrong:

GH:WT Drum:
Bass pedals = 75 points
Orange = 60 points

Those values never changed since WT.

ortiz1193 wrote:
I'm pretty sure accent notes are worth 1.5x the notes base value.

I second this info
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
also, any chance of having something separate for RB drum pathing? i know it would probably not be worth the effort. I'm just curious because i only use a RB set and while using a RB set the extra points for an orange note do not get carried over. This would make the charts only accurate for GHWT drum set pathing hmmm, seems like either way theres no way to be able to path for both with the same chart >.<

There is no separate entry in the game files for the Rock Band charts; I have assumed that the game actually converts the drum charts on the fly to suit the rock band kit via some algorithm. If this could be worked out, then generating RB charts should be fairly easy, as we can just pass the song chart through a conversion step before passing it to the rest of the code. Actually working out the algorithm isn't something I was prepared to spend time on myself though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
..but yes I agree with a point value array set somewhere would be a good start to that...since most of your stuff seems object oriented, couldn't an extra attribute be added to the Note class holding the point value...

Yes, but that attribute will need to define all the values of each individual note. The Note object actually contains all the notes at that particular point (i.e. a chord), it's not just a single button press. But yes, in principle it shouldn't be too hard. Actually looks a lot easier now that I've dug through the code, but I think I never really gave it a huge amount of thought before.

You'd need to do something similar for accent notes too, as I presume that accent notes only apply to regular drum hits and not, say, the kick or cymbals?

Some last questions about the game mechanics, you activate star power on drums by hitting both cymbals, right? Do you get points for these hits? What happens if both cymbals are actually charted notes, does SP activate anyway? Or if one is charted but not the other, do you get 2x for the charted cymbal? Or is there some kind of squeezing possible there?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:

Some last questions about the game mechanics, you activate star power on drums by hitting both cymbals, right? Do you get points for these hits? What happens if both cymbals are actually charted notes, does SP activate anyway? Or if one is charted but not the other, do you get 2x for the charted cymbal? Or is there some kind of squeezing possible there?

I know Smash Hits has changed where say if you activate on +bass , you only get credit for the R and bass under SP, whereas in WT you can squeeze the Y with a double hit.

But for the rest of any answers to questions you have see here

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:

There is no separate entry in the game files for the Rock Band charts; I have assumed that the game actually converts the drum charts on the fly to suit the rock band kit via some algorithm. If this could be worked out, then generating RB charts should be fairly easy, as we can just pass the song chart through a conversion step before passing it to the rest of the code. Actually working out the algorithm isn't something I was prepared to spend time on myself though.

well i'm pretty sure if pathhero just had a second section called rb charts, but they were just the same WT drum charts with all notes at 50 base but the bass pedal at 75, it would be fine. I know the game uses some fancy algorithm to change the notes, but so far i haven't noticed anything in the game that was more complicated then simply turning any orange cymbol into a blue note and only having the blue note worth the normal 50 instead of 60 =/
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought that I'd mention...I'm looking to create my own optimizer based on an xml file that I output from the existing code...(now I realize what you meant by reference file, tma...this definitely could be extremely useful)

From that, I should be able to write something to make an optimizer for games passed GHWT...coming up with the logic to do so is still just in thought...I'm scarily always thinking about it even when I go to sleep...but I can't seem to wrap my mind around a systematic way of doing it...so that is still in the thinking stage

FYI for you code junkies, heres the format of the xml file (approx./something along these lines):
<song>
<game>ghsh</game>
<ins>guitar</ins>
<diff>expert</diff>
<name>Back In The Saddle</name>
<measures>
<meas1>
<beats>4</beats>
<tempo>119</tempo>
</meas1>
</measures>
<notes>
<note1>
<color>GY</color>
<start>3</start>
<end>3</end>
<sust>0</sust>
<sp><0</sp>
</note1>
<note2>
<color>R</color>
<start>3.125</start>
<end>4</end>
<sust>0</sust>
<sp><0</sp>
</note2>
</notes>
</song>

but I will not post the actual xml files since the game could be spoiled too soon

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
codemann8  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I found some errors in some of the blank charts...nothing huge but just weird tick bursts and underbursts in the creation of the charts...with the new code I'm developing, this should be fixed, but an optimizer will be far from done

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Pas26  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
codemann8 wrote:
..but yes I agree with a point value array set somewhere would be a good start to that...since most of your stuff seems object oriented, couldn't an extra attribute be added to the Note class holding the point value...

Yes, but that attribute will need to define all the values of each individual note. The Note object actually contains all the notes at that particular point (i.e. a chord), it's not just a single button press. But yes, in principle it shouldn't be too hard. Actually looks a lot easier now that I've dug through the code, but I think I never really gave it a huge amount of thought before.

You'd need to do something similar for accent notes too, as I presume that accent notes only apply to regular drum hits and not, say, the kick or cymbals?

Late, but I'll answer anyway:

When you activate SP on a Y or O note, these notes won't be under SP, but they'll be hit just like normal notes (orange flames). In WT, you could hit the non charted cymbal before the charted one to "squeeze" the cymbal under SP. EX: You want to activate on a Y note. To get the Y note under SP, you would have to hit the O cymbal just before the Y.

In GH:M and SH, the note that are "skipped" by the activation will count under SP. This is not true in WT.

There are yellow and orange accent. The only note that can't be an accent is the bass pedal.

You CAN'T activate in the timing window of a Y+O note.

Codemann, have you tried to talk to the guy who made the RB optimizer? He might be able to give you some ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow FINALLY we might start seeing paths for the game! Haha

I would give you an internet, but im afrain that you already own it..
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETA for GH5 Charts...1 week

Given that everything goes as planned...

You'll be seeing an announcement when this happens

Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
ETA for GH5 Charts...1 week

Given that everything goes as planned...

You'll be seeing an announcement when this happens

Wow, they'll be up very quickly. You are doing a very good jog.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to release GH:SH optimal paths any time soon? It lacks any real competition, on PS2 at least, people are waiting for the optimal paths I assume, as am I. The game's been out for 3 months, which was debr's original wait time for the path releases, so I'd assume it would be OK to release them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMagician wrote:
Are you going to release GH:SH optimal paths any time soon? It lacks any real competition, on PS2 at least, people are waiting for the optimal paths I assume, as am I. The game's been out for 3 months, which was debr's original wait time for the path releases, so I'd assume it would be OK to release them.

There is no way to get optimal paths on GH:WT+ games yet. The code debr used for the earlier games doesn't work with the new games because of the overlapping SP.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
TheMagician wrote:

There is no way to get optimal paths on GH:WT+ games yet. The code debr used for the earlier games doesn't work with the new games because of the overlapping SP.

Has anyone asked ajanata if he could help? He got it working for RB (http://www.apathtoofar.com/).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might be asking too much of you right now but there's a lot of more recent GHWT/GH5 DLC missing charts... maybe you can make those as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: