ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ChartHero Project - Alpha Version Program!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.flamethro  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Awesome! I'd like to finally get into the pathing biz, and seeing as these are fresh charts, it will be easier to top the high scores on a few!

Get top 250 for RB2 [x]
Finish all Impossible Challenges (3/4) [ ]
Find missing paths for RB2 X Gtr Wiki [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: mr flamethro
matt6662  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about me putting the chart on my computer, then looking at vids and my own gameplay of where the slider sections were, then add them on via paint or something along those lines.

Anyways, the site looks good in my opinion. Keep it up

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what he means by weird, is when, in GH3, the TTFAF Bridge 1 was GR RY YB BO, with the first note on each 8th beat, the GH note chart is GRYBO, but incredibly offbeat. This is one example of many

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come you can't just put the SH charts on Pathhero? Not enough space?

Good job anyhow, will be using alot.

ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appologize if this has been brought up before, but any idea if it's possible to adjust the drum charts for the correct scoring? From my observations (and previous knowledge of the WT engine) bass drum notes are worth a base score of 75, 25 more than the other notes. That definately makes a difference when measures are equal but one has more bass notes than the other.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
i appologize if this has been brought up before, but any idea if it's possible to adjust the drum charts for the correct scoring? From my observations (and previous knowledge of the WT engine) bass drum notes are worth a base score of 75, 25 more than the other notes. That definately makes a difference when measures are equal but one has more bass notes than the other.

It was my understanding that the pedal was worth 60 while the rest were 50...if this has changed for smash hits or metallica let me know and I'll look into it

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

It was my understanding that the pedal was worth 60 while the rest were 50...if this has changed for smash hits or metallica let me know and I'll look into it

well heres a good video. If you go to 1:05, its just 2 notes at a time, one of them bass pedal. The score goes up 500 points each time. That would mean that bass score would be 75, no? 300 for the bass and 200 for the pad hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQM74o1DLQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:

I'll field that. I did start looking into this, however the value of 50 points per note is embedded in quite a few places in the code, and this makes it trickier than you'd think, as we need to adjust for one specific type of note in one specific type of chart. I was leaning towards creating a list of point values (an array) for the notes which would be read as a base, and this could be adjusted for drum charts as required, but the logic to check which note is being played before adding up the scoring just isn't there yet.

Yes, I could have gone down the simple hack path of something like "if ( $chart = 'drum' && $note = 'P' # purple ) { $note_value = 75 }" or similar, but this would need to be done in multiple places in the code, and would not be easily adjustable per game (the difference between the values in WT and SH being a prime example) and adding extra exclusions in for every potential difference in the points values into a single if statement leads to some IF statement nightmares. Particularly if you update one and forget another, which gives you weird bugs.

Anywho. To do it properly is going to require a fair bit of rethinking of the code, which would hopefully add support for "accent" notes on drum charts too.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Pas26  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ot make sure you don't code something wrong:

GH:WT Drum:
Bass pedals = 75 points
Orange = 60 points

Those values never changed since WT.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

I'll field that. I did start looking into this, however the value of 50 points per note is embedded in quite a few places in the code, and this makes it trickier than you'd think, as we need to adjust for one specific type of note in one specific type of chart. I was leaning towards creating a list of point values (an array) for the notes which would be read as a base, and this could be adjusted for drum charts as required, but the logic to check which note is being played before adding up the scoring just isn't there yet.

Yes, I could have gone down the simple hack path of something like "if ( $chart = 'drum' && $note = 'P' # purple ) { $note_value = 75 }" or similar, but this would need to be done in multiple places in the code, and would not be easily adjustable per game (the difference between the values in WT and SH being a prime example) and adding extra exclusions in for every potential difference in the points values into a single if statement leads to some IF statement nightmares. Particularly if you update one and forget another, which gives you weird bugs.

Anywho. To do it properly is going to require a fair bit of rethinking of the code, which would hopefully add support for "accent" notes on drum charts too.

So then are accented notes worth more then? I've seen them in gameplay and never knew what they did...but yes I agree with a point value array set somewhere would be a good start to that...since most of your stuff seems object oriented, couldn't an extra attribute be added to the Note class holding the point value (or an index to the point value array)?

Oh, and btw, heres the links I was talking of earlier
Guitar
Bass
Drums
ALL (311MB)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea ccented note are worth more than normal note, but you have to hit them harder than usual to get the extra points.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
yea ccented note are worth more than normal note, but you have to hit them harder than usual to get the extra points.

Do you (or anyone) know how much it is worth? Does it vary depending how hard you hit it? Is there a range?

BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Codemann, thanks for releasing this! You've done a lot of Xhero sites and you've been quite helpful.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure accent notes are worth 1.5x the notes base value.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, any chance of having something separate for RB drum pathing? i know it would probably not be worth the effort. I'm just curious because i only use a RB set and while using a RB set the extra points for an orange note do not get carried over. This would make the charts only accurate for GHWT drum set pathing hmmm, seems like either way theres no way to be able to path for both with the same chart >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: