ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: WT PC Customs ARE HERE (w/ TUTORIAL)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: GH: WT PC Customs ARE HERE (w/ TUTORIAL) Reply with quote

Here's an update. I'm saving the audio for last to try and customize, BUT I have taken a crack on the note charts now. By using the same tool that started out GH3PC customization, I have been able to get every section of the mid.qb file out into a different file for each section. I was going to try and use that tool that dumped some of those files into a .chart file, but it was taken off savefile for some reason.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the note charts in a hex editor against GameZelda's World Tour .mid specs, but it looks like the PC version is in a different format in some parts. Like the time signature is nothing like its described in the specs.

If I do find any relevance between the specs and the actual notes, I will try and write a program to put the notes into a .chart file. I don't know though.

Ok, so I finally got my copy of world tour from some European online store (BIG shipping fee) and I looked at the audio files for the game, and they are like GH3PC audio files, except that when you decrypt them with the songfsbdecypter, when you try to look at the fsb container contents, it says it is encrypted still. And then I remembered that there were the .dat.xen files for that part of the audio. But there were no .dat files to be found.

This is like all the console versions of the game, audio files 1, 2, and 3, and then there is a preview file. I have no idea how to decrypt them. Any help?

Update: 7/28/09 6:07AM Just found a newer version of fsbext. The audio indeed is in .wav format and the .wav files are multi-channel. Now I have to get the mp3tool bnw made to work. Confusing arguments... :P

Update: 8/3/09 3:34PM Found out that they are renamed to .wav files but the audio is really interleaved .mp3 files. Also that all the audio in the game that has a "DLC" in the filename is not encrypted at all.

THEY'RE HERE!!!!! Put Afterlife into the game from Rock Band 2 and it worked!!! Thanks to RawkTour...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQqpk47EyNk

All In One Pack Contains:
-Xendecrypt: Decrypts the audio files of GH WT PC.
-Xenencrypt: Encrypts those same audio files.
-Mp3Extract: Extracts the audio from the .wav file that you get out of the decrypted .fsb file.
-Mp3Inject: Injects one audio file into the channels of a decrypted .fsb file.

UPDATE (9/21/09)

Created a new batch script to run all the new tools. And, since I'm nice, I'll provide a little guide to go along with it.

HOW TO INSERT A CUSTOM SONG TO GHWT PC

Requirements:
-4512jth's Update of my Tool
-Audacity
-RawkTour
-QueenBee

AUDIO

-First, open audacity. Import the .mp3 file that you want to insert into the game. (Note: If you have already set up your 128 bit CBR .mp3 file at 48.0KHz, then skip all audactiy steps)

-I will show you how to create a preview file. Play the song and fin out from which point in the song to another point in the song that you want to be the preview. This step is not necessary.

-Go to Project<New Audio Track to create a new audio track. Do that once more, and then click on the first blank one's name with the arrow, and find "Make Stereo" and click it. The two blank tracks should be joined together now.

-Highlight your preview audio in the original song, click on Edit<Copy, select the blank audio track, and then click Edit<Paste. The selected audio should have been copied to the track.

-Click the "Project Rate" button in the bottom left of the screen and select "48000."

-Now, select your preview track and click File<Export Selection as .mp3 and navigate to my tool folder and save as <song>_preview (where song is the song name) and click save.

-Wait for that to finish, then select the whole song and then go to File<Export Selection as .mp3 and navigate to the tool folder you downloaded and save as <song>_full.

-Now we have our two audio files to insert into the game. Now go to the tool folder you downloaded and run "Import Audio.bat."

-Before you start on that, go into the MUSIC folder of your DATA folder of the WT game, and copy the song's audio files. IMPORTANT To not have glitchy audio, copy EVERY song file there. For example, copy assassin_1.fsb.xen, assassin_2.fsb.xen, assassin_3.fsb.xen, and assassin_preview.fsb.xen to the tool folder you downloaded.

-Run the batch script on every audio file you would like to replace. And then once done editing them, copy them back into the folder you originally got them from.

CHARTS

Requirements:
A .MID file that would work in RB2 (hint: Go to the RockBand side of ScoreHero)

-Open QueenBee and load the .pak.xen file of the song you want to replace. Of the listed files, Extract the .mid.qb file of it.

-Open RawkTour. Hit "5" on the numbers above the letter keys. Navigate to the .mid file, and then navigate to the .mid qb file.

-This is where I have trouble sometimes. Sometimes this program will not like to work. If it doesn't, go report it to the RawkTour thread. After you select whether or not you want the solo sections as rope sections and all that, if it works for you, congrats. Go on to the next step. If not, don't worry, this is where I got all tripped up. Be patient for a solution.

-If it worked, go back to QueenBee, and select the .mid.qb file again. This time replace it with the newly edited one from RawkTour.

-Congrats, you successfully imported your own custom song into WT!!!!

Frequently Asked Questio(N)

Q: Why does the audio of my song cut out somewhere in the song?
A: Because the song you selected is longer than the original song. Replace a song that has the same length or longer to experience the best results.

TANKS BNW!!!!!!

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.

Last edited by thepoop555 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 12 times in total
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried opening them without trying to decrypt anything? Sometimes it's the simplest thing that keeps everyone baffled!
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yeah it could've been that, but I don't think it is. Tried it again and it still didn't work.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

dogg21  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of files were the audio files? whats the extension

also did you check out the charts, what are the like, are they extractable

i looked at ps2 ver months ago but but couldn't get them correctly, any update on ps2 version.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio is in the same format as the Guitar Hero 3 PC audio, .fsb.xen. Except there are no accompanying .dat.xen files with the audio, and they are encrypted.

I have already extracted the .mid.qb files from the .pak files, but I can't get the python parser to work. So I'm stuck on that part. And like how am I supposed to run python script? I don't use python at all so...

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

bnw33  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: xendecrypter Reply with quote

I was working on decrypting these this weekend.

Each specific encrypted fsb file has it's own 31-character hex key. The decrypter works on the basis that every fsb file is padded with either a bunch of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF's (PC versions) or a bunch of 0000000000's (xbox versions). So the key can be extracted essentially in plain text. I haven't tested every file to see if it is padded or not, but every one I've worked with is padded, so it works with this tool. Also, preview files don't work, they're not padded... I dunno how to figure out their key.

Also, I think that the .wavs or .mp3's or .xma, (whatever platform you're dealing with) are encrypted inside their respective .fsb container files, so hopefully we can break through that barrier.

Anyway, the tool is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f07b4eb8ba184d824c17ca8801618ef7e04e75f6e8ebb871
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tool you uploaded. I can't run it because it says that it failed to run with the side by side configuration.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

thepoop555  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, got an update.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

dogg21  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was going to try and use that tool that dumped some of those files into a .chart file, but it was taken off savefile for some reason.

I'm pretty sure I got that tool your talking about, let me know.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: xendecrypter Reply with quote

bnw33 wrote:
I was working on decrypting these this weekend.

Each specific encrypted fsb file has it's own 31-character hex key. The decrypter works on the basis that every fsb file is padded with either a bunch of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF's (PC versions) or a bunch of 0000000000's (xbox versions). So the key can be extracted essentially in plain text. I haven't tested every file to see if it is padded or not, but every one I've worked with is padded, so it works with this tool. Also, preview files don't work, they're not padded... I dunno how to figure out their key.

Also, I think that the .wavs or .mp3's or .xma, (whatever platform you're dealing with) are encrypted inside their respective .fsb container files, so hopefully we can break through that barrier.

Anyway, the tool is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f07b4eb8ba184d824c17ca8801618ef7e04e75f6e8ebb871

Ok, well I got your file to work, but how would you get the key from the files? Because according to you, PC version is padded with a bunch of FFFFFFFFFF's, but the most bytes I see in a row when I search the new decrypted file is 0000000000's.

If you could, please enlighten me.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

bnw33  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, i switched the two. Yeah, its supposed to be the other way around, like you said. I was tinkering with the fsb files and I found that the mp3 channels are interleaved sequentially, frame by frame. All drum tracks contain 4 channels, rythm/vocal tracks 3 channels and crowd tracks 2 channels (so 9 stereo streams overall, thats not even knockin' on rockband.)

Code:

I really want to decrypt the preview tracks, because that may shed some clues as to the nature of the multichannel .xma files...

Oh and by the way, how did you get the tool to work? I don't know much about packages or whatever needed to support files.
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought it would be in the C++ redistributable package, but that didn't fix it. But when I installed Visual C++ today, that did it. Idk.

And anyways, would would be the key? There are a bunch of 00000000's throughout the file. Or am I not understanding right?

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

bnw33  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out that what I thought was "padding" is just frames that have no data (ie: the track is silent). So pretty much every song is silent for a couple frames at the end, so the last bunch of bits contains the plaintext key. Since the key is 31 bytes, I just picked the last 31 byte entry, that had an index which was a multiple of 31, so that the key would correspond to the beginning of the file. Thats why it works for the normal song fsb's, but not the previews

I used visual c++ to write the program, maybe thats why it ran when you installed it...
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PMed you my next problem. I'm still not understanding this 31 byte key your talking about.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

thepoop555  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post:
Crazy Train seems to not work with your decrypter. That's why I was having problems. Tried Rooftops and it was decrypted into a FSB4 file. Which fsbext.exe doesn't support. Gotta find a new program.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: