Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cornhole\Bags
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Cornhole\Bags Reply with quote

So I'm sure plenty of you have played this game before, especially at grad parties and things like that. But I also have heard that many places don't have any clue what it is and haven't ever played it before. This can just be a topic to discuss or ask questions or share stories that you have about cornhole.

I have a few questions for everybody in general though. Do you know what cornhole is? If you don't, where do you live? Do you enjoy playing it? Have you ever gotten 4 in a row before? What exactly are your rules to playing cornhole?

In Ohio, these are our rules (at least my part of Ohio...):

1) 1 point for getting the bag on the board and 3 for getting it in the hole

2) Points cancel each other out. So 3 vs. 2 points means the score is 1-0

3) Each person throws one bag at a time and alternates throwing a total of 4 bags

4) Whichever person or team scored most recently throws first

5) First to 21 wins and if you go over you go back down to 15

For those of you who don't know what it is at all, you basically have 2 boards that each have one hole in them. The boards are slanted up slightly from the ground from pegs on the back of them. You have bags and try to get as many in the hole and on the board as you can. It's relatively simple.

Last edited by HoorayItsMike on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
SloRacer1080  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... gotta love the games people come up with out there. Basiclly a bean bag tossing game, with some dirty-sounding rules. lol
Not at all what I thought I was clicking into here...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm from CA, and I've never heard of cornhole. basically sounds like any kind of bean bag tossing game you'd find at a carnival somewhere.

which kind of reminds me, anyone ever played kubb? I played it when I visited family in MN, it's fun with a big group of people. (who don't mind looking like a bunch of nerds, lol)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, This is exactly like the Lawn Jarts game that got banned back in the 70's for safety reasons, except instead of using metal spikes, you're using bean bags. I think every area has this game, just called something else.

On a side note: Has anyone ever seen an actual cornhole the food item? It's sick lol.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
jonnyg111  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I live, cornhole means something else...

SloRacer1080 wrote:
Not at all what I thought I was clicking into here...

My thoughts exactly

I'm LOL'ing so hard at all the "we played cornhole..." stuff... I am SO tempted to post something retarded, but I'm not going to lmao...

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.

Last edited by jonnyg111 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 446831583882
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that seems like a fair bit of fun... But honestly, I thought of this:

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Buckwheat33  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play this game quite a bit, I have a set at home. I actually got 4 in a row once too
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckwheat33 wrote:
I play this game quite a bit, I have a set at home. I actually got 4 in a row once too

Hmm well I guess this must be a sort of midwest US game. Illinois, Ohio, and I know people in PA play it too. And congrats on getting four in a row! I'll bet the fourth one was extremely nerveracking to throw after the first three went in, hah.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op, you are a psychic.

I just got done playing this at a grad party.

I'm in Pennsylvania.

This game is the shit when you get competitive, haha.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXryannn wrote:
Op, you are a psychic.

I just got done playing this at a grad party.

I'm in Pennsylvania.

This game is the shit when you get competitive, haha.

Haha I heard the you guys have different rules though. If the bags are touching then they cancel out? Instead of just canceling out points?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At every damn grad party I've went to in the past year we've played cornhole.

Pennsylvania here also, I never knew this game only had certain regions that played it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Haha I heard the you guys have different rules though. If the bags are touching then they cancel out? Instead of just canceling out points?

I play it by the rules you posted. If the bags are just on the board they cancel.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
At every damn grad party I've went to in the past year we've played cornhole.

Pennsylvania here also, I never knew this game only had certain regions that played it.

I know I find it really interesting. I'm sure there's plenty of other games that people would be really surprised that we didn't know if we visited their area.

xXryannn wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:

I play it by the rules you posted. If the bags are just on the board they cancel.

Alright, cause my parents went somewhere in PA and they played by if the bags touch they cancel out. So you could cancel out 3 of your opponents bags with just one bag that you throw if it's touching all of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see my parents play this all the time at my cousin's parties. They all just call it "Beanbags" =/

I've only ever actually played once, and I don't remember us having any rules other than "If you get it in, you get a point." I enjoyed it when I played it. They do play it quite a lot though, but I've never actually paid attention to the rules. I'm having a party in a week or so and if they play I'll watch...

I do remember two rules they used, though...

We only count if it gets in the hole, not if it touches the board, and each team has 4 bags and it's a circular rotation.

It is a fun game, though. They usually get distracted from it by beer pong, but I'll save that for some other thread

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
soulsurvivor3310  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from a party where I played this for two hours (I only got three in a row tonight). You guys are really strict; we don't cancel out, and we keep playing even if you go over 21 with a win by 2 rule. Some of our games have gone to 50 because we kept matching each other's scores.

Platnium Guitarist since 11/16/08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: