ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHM Nothing Else Matters and GHSH Them Bones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: GHM Nothing Else Matters and GHSH Them Bones Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem with both songs. I know i'm singing them right in lyrics, I'm pretty sure my pitch is right, but it always either stays right above/right below the actual pitch, or just constantly zigzags around the actual pitch. Its driving me CRAZY!

anything i'm doing wrong? Or is it just the game?

(i did manage to 5* Them Bones, but This would help in doing better on it. I'm playing NOthing else Matters right now as of this post and edit)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: GHM Nothing Else Matters and GHSH Them Bones Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
I have the exact same problem with both songs. I know i'm singing them right in lyrics, I'm pretty sure my pitch is right, but it always either stays right above/right below the actual pitch, or just constantly zigzags around the actual pitch. Its driving me CRAZY!

anything i'm doing wrong? Or is it just the game?

(i did manage to 5* Them Bones, but This would help in doing better on it. I'm playing NOthing else Matters right now as of this post and edit)

Them Bones FC. This should help guide you.

Can't help you with the Metallica, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but Nothing Else Matters is probably the easiest pitched song in the game, you shouldn't be having problems with it. I would suggest some of these things:

1. Re-calibrate the game's lag. Lag may be affecting your ability to stay on pitch thoughout the song. Perhaps you could have someone else try it and see if they have the same problems?

2. Learn the song: I was able to FC this on my first attempt just because I know the song. If you already know the song this obviously isn't going to solve anything for you but it helps to know exactly what you're singing.

3. Polish the disc. Ok maybe im just trying to come up with more solutions because two isn't very many. I found that the freeforms ran better when I cleaned my disc and also sometimes the song can go completely off pitch. I was singing Spiderwebs one time and I know I can score well on that song but I was only just scraping the pitch tubes most of the time.

As for things like zigzags? Those just take getting used to. Perhaps you could try perhaps if it alternates between two notes you could just sing the one note and miss the other, you can usually hit enough to score you an "Excellent" phrase. Stuff like that seems impossible to hit, and it seems unreasonable that they expect you to shift pitches in short spaces of time, but it is possible with practice.
bh0ukk  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn the sound off.
try to match your pitch with what you see, not with what you hear.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBOY: 1.) I don't think I have a computer that needs calibration, but its an idea

2.) other than Enter Sandman and One, I don't kow most of these songs. I guess that'd help some.

3.) I think its the latter.

and to your last paragraph, I mean like while I sing, the comet keeps flitting back and forth from below the line to above it, and then other times its straight on, and its not a talkie sometimes. I just want it to actually WORK.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question: why do you even sing the lyrics? I can barely read them, so I don't care much about them lol.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
and to your last paragraph, I mean like while I sing, the comet keeps flitting back and forth from below the line to above it, and then other times its straight on, and its not a talkie sometimes. I just want it to actually WORK.

are you singing vibrato? If so, try to eliminate it and try to sing it like a piano would play it instead of like, say an opera singer (that's the best description I have for it).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a chance you could be singing the harmony without trying. Both songs have a pretty prominent harmony. I'm going to side with the suggestion of muting the song (or just the vocals, if you can get that to work) and trying to sing with what you see and not what you hear.

Also, listen to dr00bles sing Them Bones, that should help a lot. I can make a video of Nothing Else Matters too if you want.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
think13  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite knowing 'Them Bones' very well, I did horrible at it first try because I always sing the highest harmony part when singing to myself.

What helped me immensely is that 'I feel so alone' is the exact same note as the end of the phrase before it ('into the grave'). It's just an octave higher, but you don't need to sing it higher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Them Bones" has that weird harmonized vocal thing. If you can grab a hold of earphones, you will only have to deal with one pitch, and that pitch only. Listen to the lower harmony, that is the pitch that is meant to be sung.

http://tinyurl.com/meeyqg <-- Dr00bles has a perfect example of this
Doremi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BOYOBOYY,

what do you mean by polish the disc? Actually clean it with a cloth?
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doremi wrote:
@BOYOBOYY,

what do you mean by polish the disc? Actually clean it with a cloth?

Well if my disc is scratched I poish it with Brasso (metal polish wadding). It works great for getting games to work again if they won't read too.
Doremi  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:

Well if my disc is scratched I poish it with Brasso (metal polish wadding). It works great for getting games to work again if they won't read too.

Thanks! I didn't know you could do this.
Lo11o2  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
No offense, but Nothing Else Matters is probably the easiest pitched song in the game, you shouldn't be having problems with it. I would suggest some of these things:

1. Re-calibrate the game's lag. Lag may be affecting your ability to stay on pitch thoughout the song. Perhaps you could have someone else try it and see if they have the same problems?

2. Learn the song: I was able to FC this on my first attempt just because I know the song. If you already know the song this obviously isn't going to solve anything for you but it helps to know exactly what you're singing.

3. Polish the disc. Ok maybe im just trying to come up with more solutions because two isn't very many. I found that the freeforms ran better when I cleaned my disc and also sometimes the song can go completely off pitch. I was singing Spiderwebs one time and I know I can score well on that song but I was only just scraping the pitch tubes most of the time.

As for things like zigzags? Those just take getting used to. Perhaps you could try perhaps if it alternates between two notes you could just sing the one note and miss the other, you can usually hit enough to score you an "Excellent" phrase. Stuff like that seems impossible to hit, and it seems unreasonable that they expect you to shift pitches in short spaces of time, but it is possible with practice.

Can you post the optimal path?
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Undead: Because I prefer to be actually singing than just humming to a tune. And if I want to sing along, its sounds better than just mouthing stuff if you don't know the words to that particular part.

Ready2Rock: that's an idea. Maybe I should try that next time.

GHailz: I myself haven't immersed myself much in things like that, so I'm sorry if I don't understand the implications right away or have the meaning entirely wrong. When a song has a harmony does that mean there's two people who sing the song (like Gimme Shelter) or one person singing in two different voices?

I suppose I might be a little late in replying, but thanks for your replys. I'm probably gonna need to know these things if I want to have good voxtar scores (or plain vocals scores, for that matter).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: