ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Uh, nevermind, but general help on these two are still good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Uh, nevermind, but general help on these two are still good. Reply with quote

So my last two songs to five star in WT...I'll just go into each of them:

The Wind Cries Mary - I just don't know what's with the changes on this. I keep getting just those regular blank ones...And my score on this ATM Is pitiful...17,342, yet I barely get reds or anything in that. o_O

Never Too Late - This is just...O_o...I need help on pretty much EVERY FREAKING PHRASE. This is the only song I end up almost failing out of or anything close. It's annoying on vox.

So yea, I don't really know how else to be specific, any help would be MUCH Appreciated.

edit: I got the 5*'s, but general help on both of these songs for possible FC's in the future is MUCH Appreciated.

Last edited by Thirdkoopa on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
think13  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are both super hard.

For Never Too Late, I would just recommend listening to the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsxWGSugIg
And paying good attention to the vocalist - he goes all over the place.

As for the Wind Cries Mary, the same applies. It is hard to hear the pitches Jimi sings, but pay good attention and you can get it.

As for general advice, try singing before the phrase starts (leading) so you can hit the beginning of the phrase, and setting your video lag to around +50 ms.

Sorry there isn't much more advice I can give you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think13 wrote:
These are both super hard.

For Never Too Late, I would just recommend listening to the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsxWGSugIg
And paying good attention to the vocalist - he goes all over the place.

As for the Wind Cries Mary, the same applies. It is hard to hear the pitches Jimi sings, but pay good attention and you can get it.

As for general advice, try singing before the phrase starts (leading) so you can hit the beginning of the phrase, and setting your video lag to around +50 ms.

Sorry there isn't much more advice I can give you.
Even tho I already got the 5*'d, both pieces of advice will give me help in the future (Possible FC's?) Of these songs. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna go for a Never too Late FC, I suggest, no, I RECOMMEND to especially learn the phrase "Yes I have, yes I have" because I know how it feels when choking there.

Generally I have no advices except everything that's been said already.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
If you wanna go for a Never too Late FC, I suggest, no, I RECOMMEND to especially learn the phrase "Yes I have, yes I have" because I know how it feels when choking there.

Generally I have no advices except everything that's been said already.

I agree with you on that, UndeadFil13QC. IIRC that phrase is either charted oddly or it's hard to hear the actual pitch.

I know that it's hard to hear the pitches on most of the phrases actually; you should definitely turn the sound up on the vocals track in the settings and turn the others down, you'll be able to hear what you're singing better. If you are going for an FC perhaps you should just have a run through of the songs and make notes on which phrases are killing your streak. Never Too Late sounds all over the place but you should just get all the easiest phrases down then work on the trickier ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: