ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH Vocals Video Reference Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of the forums is to share, and this thread was created expressly for that purpose: to share advice and help others. This is not a private forum, everybody is allowed to post, everybody is included. Anybody who is a member of scorehero can make a post, and thus can be a part of this thread. Congratulations to BOYOBOYY for his achievements, but I don't see why not sending him a personal invite to post in this thread should discourage him in any way from sharing any of his expertise and knowledge with the rest of the forums. I am down with a community feel, even though I'm not really a vocals guy I agree with what you are saying, that there should be a community feel. However, contacting other specific people before making a thread seems to go against this goal, possibly alienating others who might be offended that they weren't also contacted. In just creating the thread, it is open for anybody, and if there is anything to disapprove of or whatever, there is an edit button for a reason.

I do believe I agree with you about what the goal is, but the point that was made earlier felt rather elitist and discriminatory, rather than promoting a true community feeling. Anyway I'm sure dr00bles is glad to hear that you will be contributing to this thread, it's meant to be a community project after all ;)

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Grae wrote:
All i think the point was, is if we are sharing and wanting to get a community feel to the place, then a little more communal feel to it might go down well.

This thread actually started as a question posed to the community. I did exactly what BOYOBOYY complained I didn't do, which was ask others for their thoughts. No one objected to it, and several people expressed desire to see it continue (both here and on my Acc. thread), so, after a week, I updated the OP to accommodate accordingly. I'm really not sure where anyone could have gotten the idea that this was exclusive or alienating.

You also speak of the accusation of this thread not being "community driven." I will respectfully point out that the entire point of this thread is to get EVERYONE involved in submitting videos that EVERYONE has access to.

I really don't want this thread to turn into a finger-pointing contest. Grae, I'm really glad that you're planning on contributing. Hopefully, as a group, we can link to a video of every song pretty soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, i am on the pro side for this thread, always have been.

I think anything that gets more vocals in the game and more people playing vocals is a good thing.

All i was doing was trying to set straight the level of accusation that alot of people got from a previous post.

I believe there are clique's here, like there are everywhere, but i havent got a "problem" with any vocalist out there. I think different people are friends and talk with each other, and dont believe a meeting would be necessary to start 99% of threads, unless about someone themselves.

We're in the minority on this game severely less singers than any other instrument, so lets just get on with one another
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Grae, let's just lay this to rest. This thread is supposed to be super-awesome, not super-tense.

I'll be updating the OP later tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnLPiTNsv0&feature=channel_page - Demon Cleaner Vocal FC >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFvMxA176Q&feature=channel_page - No Excuses Vocal FC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbTYFIg8ww&feature=channel_page - Not a FC of Another Way To Die but nobody else has a video of it.
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to write a really long post before but having cooled down a little here's a more concise response:

1. I'm not at all sorry for what I have said as it wasn't intended to be inflammatory, that's just how it was interpreted
2. I don't think i'm so important that I need to be consulted before a thread is created. That's just a riduculous conclusion that people seem to have come to. As it's a new idea, I really think it could have used some discussion amongst ALL OF US, not just me, about how the videos should be made and if there should be supporting information, that's all. Look where we are now, droobles has uploaded a ton of his own videos, most of which can already be found in the "How good can you sound" thread. How do you deem a video worthy of being used as reference material. What happens when more people want to submit videos for a song, how does the user know what is best for him/her?
3.GuitarHailz, LemonMeringue - thanks for brilliantly missing the point. Just because something doesn't benefit you doesn't mean you don't want to help people who it could potentially benefit.
Quote:
Oh, We're so sorry. We should have asked YOU if this thread should have been made. This was clearly an error on Our part, and We shall remember to ask you next time if We can make VOCALS threads in the VOCAL TECHNIQUE forum.
Having explained myself I can only say TheLonging and a few others I won't name because i'm not here to point the finger, I hope you're ashamed of yourself for your despicable attitude towards me when all I was doing was voicing my opinion (which I am perfectly entitled to; If you think otherwise then you're really revealing your disgusting nature).
5.GuitarHailz and LemonMeringue- You said nobody want's my contribution. You don't even know what I have to contribute and already you don't want to know? . Whether you like me or not, I am an experienced vocalist and I am very knowledgeable about vocals, and i'm not withholding any of that information from anyone . I've always been here to help. I don't expect anybody to plead for information from me, it vexes me that people have come to the conclusion that they have to in order to get information - Just ask, I'm open and willing to talk. In a "sharing" community, all voices should be heard, not just the loudest ones. In a "sharing" community, everybody should be seen, not just those who stand tallest.
Quote:
Congratulations to BOYOBOYY for his achievements

I'm not here to be congratulated for my achievements, I'm here to help. I'm a very modest person. Anybody who knows me can vouch for that. I had to be persuaded to start an accomplishment thread for myself, I had to be persuaded to talk about my achievements in Guitar Hero. My achievements still go unrecognized for the most part but I'm all right with that. I would say about 80 % of my time spent on ScoreHero has been contributing rather than asking for help or recognition.

All I have left to say is thanks for the unnecessary abuse, I really appreciate it, it made my day it truly did. Thanks for making me out to be the villain when I give valid criticism, and when I have information that you want but don't hand out to you right there and then (even if it is ultimately my intention to give you that information). Thanks for making me feel welcome in such a friendly and giving community.

I could say more, but I think we should lay this to rest now. Dr00bles, good luck with your thread and I say that with the utmost sincerity, you are the only one who didn't completely overreact here, which is actually what I was expecting. Y2Grae thanks for backing me up and being the only one to understand my true message without having to be told. I will continue to (attempt to) be part of the ScoreHero community but my experience and opinion of it has been greatly soured.
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added vids by GuitarHailz and toymachine. Great job guys! Keep 'em coming!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh I made a post, what's the point, I'm going to just leave it alone, if you read it, I hope you read the part where I asked you to please not respond in the thread =P

Good luck with this dr00bles!

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a couple of videos to post on top of the WH vid I sent dr00bles earlier.

I know dr00bles has an FC vid of this up already, but if you feel like putting a 2nd vid up for it, then here:

Freya FC

And this isn't the full song, but this is the hardest part of the song IMO, hope it helps.

Fight Fire with Fire Ending FC, aka what I believe to be the hardest section of the song.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird FC

Probably useless, but still...this is about sharing, so yeah.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

As I discussed with BrainBAM earlier, no video is ever useless, even if another video of that song is already posted. Different videos help different people. The more the merrier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated. Keep them coming, everyone! Great to see people are already contributing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Grae wrote:
for the record, and have several videos up to show vocal paths and to my knowledge, the only freeform technique video EVER posted.

YES, by the way. That video is awesome. If you'd like, I can link to that as well, along with any other videos you'd like me to link. Just give me the word.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything on my youtube is welcome to be used droobles
probably easier saying that than listing exactly what i have up there
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercyful Fate FC on vid! =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2OCt8zIWA

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: