ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Minecraft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonBlaziken  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Minecraft Reply with quote

Anyone ever played or heard of this free game? It's currently in Alpha, but considering that the game is pretty stable.

The premise of the game is pretty open ended at the moment, you're basically given a set of square blocks that you can either create or destroy to make all manner of things. If you go on one of the multiplayer servers, you can see the sort of stuff that's possible. To further exemplify that, I made a recreation of the Dark Side of the Moon album cover, which can be found here. Yes, that is from my deviantArt profile XD.

Anyway, it's a pretty fun game, I'd say worth giving a try.

EDIT: Forgot to include the link to the home page of the game, here it is: http://www.minecraft.net/

Current Goal:
- Post some more on SH!
- Fail less.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: CrimsonSH PSN Name: Phaaze Wii Friend Code: 5402889825468002
daniel192  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the better sandbox games ever released. I'm planning on buying it very soon; all those updates and new things get me so pumped. If I was any good at creating servers, I would make a ScoreHero one.
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing this game for the last 3 weeks, and it's safe to say that I'm completely hooked. The first 2 weeks was nonstop mining and creating. I made all sorts of contraptions like a dock, a porkchop death machine, a tree farm, green house, lava light houses. Unfortunately, I didn't back up my saves and the inevitable happened. I lost everything. I had a good supply of diamond, coal, and steel too.

But I finally mustered up the courage to start a new account, and right now I'm on my way through a few mines. I haven't built anything great, really, besides a MASSIVE tree farm, and a small fenced crops farm. For some reason, though, creepers keep spawning on my crop farm and blowing things up. Everything is pretty lit up. I've lit about 1/8 of my island with torches, but these things keep spawning :/. I made a Let's Play yesterday, but Vegas won't open 2/3 of the videos and keeps crashing.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried playing this today since I saw some of SeaNanners' videos and pulled a whopping 5fps on average. Might upgrade to Windows 7 some time soon, since it's virtually unplayable as is. I'm really eager to try out the paid single player, it looks really fun.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a video on youtube of it. It looks like so much fun, and SO sand-boxy.

3926 0220 0199 1364
Silly  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to buy this solely based on others' reviews and have spent the last few hours constructing the world's crudest house while being murdered by zombies. Though I'm not very good at it at all, it's still a ton of fun and would definitely appeal to anyone with patience and a lot of imagination. I haven't tried online multiplayer yet but from just looking at screenshots of some servers it's incredible to see what's possible in this game.

Definitely going to occupy my time for a while.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never build your house under a mountain. Creepers + jumping down on you while you're building a fortress on your roof = goodbye house.
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
I tried playing this today since I saw some of SeaNanners' videos and pulled a whopping 5fps on average. Might upgrade to Windows 7 some time soon, since it's virtually unplayable as is. I'm really eager to try out the paid single player, it looks really fun.

Don't consider that too much. I have Windows 7 and I still have like 7fps. My video card is the problem I'm pretty sure though :/

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
Jwm64  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this a couple weeks ago. If you guys haven't tried playing with minecarts and boosters, watch this video and try it out, it is really fun. I have a pretty nice minecart station in my world right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops double post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minecraft is a great time waster game, though I wish there was just a tad bit more to the game. Apparently there are multi-sized slime monsters, but they don't spawn anymore. Then some maps seem to lack some of the basic supplies like my main game doesn't have clay. Also a few more creatures to fight would be pretty awesome.

I'm pretty interested to see where the game will be taken.
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely an interesting game, I mean I've watched all 40+ of X's minecraft videos without ever playing the game, and its pretty difficult to get into a game you've never played. I can't see myself playing it though, I mean it seems a bit too much like runescape (all be it a much purer and simpler version) because there's no real aim. I mean all you have to do is survive and you could technically do that with literally no exploration into caves and whatnot.
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've more or less decided to make a Let's Play series for this game. Hopefully it'll be interesting, I'm leaning towards it will be very interesting since it's pretty much my first playthrough and everything will be candid

Episode 1

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
iTurtlevX  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question here, what's with the increase of Minecraft over the last few weeks/month?

I used to play Minecraft waaay back around a year ago and never understood why everyone suddenly jumped on.

Other than that, yeah it is a solid game but I haven't played it in like over a year.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTurtlevX wrote:
Just a question here, what's with the increase of Minecraft over the last few weeks/month?

I used to play Minecraft waaay back around a year ago and never understood why everyone suddenly jumped on.

Other than that, yeah it is a solid game but I haven't played it in like over a year.

It got some big exposure from Robin on the Team Fortress 2 and then it went further along in development and was said that the price would increase eventually, spurring others like me and friends of people to buy it now on the cheap before it goes up in price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: