Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RawkTour v0.04 - Guitar Hero: World Tour SD DLC Customs -Wii
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: RawkTour v0.04 - Guitar Hero: World Tour SD DLC Customs -Wii Reply with quote

Ohai guise. I was bored so I figured I'd spread the RB2 RawkSD success over to GHWT. Not that this project is anything close to RawkSD standards (which has been undergoing active development for 3 or 4 months; this was done in two days), but a lot of the same concepts are involved so I figured it'd be a fun side-challenge. Enjoy GHWT customs

First off, though, let me make one thing clear... This is pretty rough. I wrote it in a day, purely out of boredom. No one but myself has even tested it, and even that hasn't been done much. If you people on the Wii want a stable, easy-to-use method for SD DLC customs, I suggest that you look into RawkSD for Rock Band 2 DLC customs instead. It's waaay more mature than this, and improving quickly.
As of now, some major features are missing: Vocals support, and sections. Why? Because I don't know how to determine the proper string filenames (Qs, as nanook is calling it, because of the master list in qs.pak.ngc) for lyrics and section names. If anyone does, please get in touch with myself or nanook. Oh, and also things like animations, and the huge drawback due to the fact that I'm not writing a Wii-side installer for this.

Now without further ado, I present you with RawkTour, a fairly quick way to play around with GHWT Wii DLC customs. Huge thanks go out to nanook for putting up with a month of my persistent nagging about adding proper GHWT support to Queen Bee (ironically, the nagging was done in the interest of the complete opposite of this project). Without it, this wouldn't exist. nanook, uh... you're a hero! :3

RawkTour v0.04
Download

Installation and Usage Guide

Need help? Join our IRC Channel: #RawkSD on EFnet (Join us on Mibbit)

Demo Video

What does it do?
RawkTour allows you to replace DLC .bin files on your SD card with custom ones including your own audio and chart files. SD cards can be hotswapped when in the songlist, so you can test things out quickly without even restarting the game when you change up your chart.

Basically, it is a small set of tools that you can use to unpack Wii DLC, and pack it up again with your own content. The main feature is its Rock Band 2 to Guitar Hero World Tour chart conversion, which allows you to replace a song's notes with those from a full band chart (except vocals; see above). This chart converter should also work with the usual Frets on Fire and Guitar Hero 1/2/3 custom MIDI files as well.

Oh, and if you guys happen to be able to modify GHWT discs with Wiiscrubber and the like (haven't tried myself; is the disc hashed or anything?), the included chart converter and audio tools can be used for disc customs as well.

How do I use it?
Refer to the installation guide linked above.
One major note, however. To do this, you will need to run homebrew on your Wii once. Either run the one-time patcher through the Homebrew Channel, or just once with Bannerbomb (and copy apps/rawksdpatcher/boot.dol to the root of your SD card). This is the same patcher used for RawkSD, so if you're already using RawkSD then you're ready to just dive into this.

Oh, and to people using USB loaders and such... Same deal as RawkSD; they're not supported.

Besides the one-time patcher, homebrew doesn't come into play with these customs at all. Which, unfortunately, means you don't get fancy things like being able to arbitrarily add your own DLC, or rename songs in the list. I simply don't have the time to support a project of that scope alongside RawkSD; if someone else wishes to look into it, by all means go ahead and I'll help when I can.

Do you have anything to show us? Videos?
Unfortunately, I don't have a camera ready. Maybe tomorrow. For the lazy people who just want to quickly try it out, I do have a set of note chart and a multi-track audio bik (I didn't mix the song all that well, but meh) for a custom that you can test. You can download that here. You still need to follow the guide to install it, but at least you can skip the painful audio encoding stuff.
It includes expert guitar, bass, and drums charts. Otherwise, just follow the guide yourself to put your own audio and charts in. Once you get the hang of it things go pretty quick anyway.

Changelog
v0.01
  • Initial Release

v0.02
  • Added support for solos as tapping sections
  • Fixed hammeron/pulloff thresholds. Use a "{hopo_threshold 250}" comment in a MIDI to override it

v0.03
  • Fixed critical bug where it would only allow you to convert full-band MIDI charts (thanks, kylop!)

v0.04
  • Added support for GHWT PS2, PC, and XBox. Untested; whether Queen Bee supports them is another issue
  • Included Queen Bee as a separate DLL to allow users to update it without needing a new version of RawkTour. Chances are an update to it might be needed for it to actually work with PC/PS2/XBox
  • Fixed bug with star power sections turning into slider sections
  • Turning solos into slider notes is now an option
  • Handles crashes better, with a log file that can be sent to me.

So yeah, feel free to leave your complaints, comments, bug reports, and flames here. Enjoy!
- Aaron

Last edited by AerialX on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 am; edited 6 times in total
kylop  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUH is all I can say about this! I love RawkSD and I'm glad you spent a day making this for World Tour. It sucks that I'm having trouble getting the audio to work. I keep getting the message "Error opening the audio input file." I'll keep experimenting and see if I have success.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylop wrote:
YUH is all I can say about this! I love RawkSD and I'm glad you spent a day making this for World Tour. It sucks that I'm having trouble getting the audio to work. I keep getting the message "Error opening the audio input file." I'll keep experimenting and see if I have success.

Are you sure the full path to the audio is right? I have a feeling that if it has spaces in it it'll end up failing (I should probably fix that). If not, try a standard format like .wav... If all else fails, install RAD Video Tools and inject it yourself :/

I'm uploading a video of it working now, and I'll have a slightly better/new build up soon.
kylop  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the path was correct. I actually just solved it, the audio wouldn't work as mp3 or ogg. I had to convert it to wav and it decoded successfully. Now my problem is modifying the chart data. I don't know if I misread the guide or I'm missing something but I cannot find the "DLCxx_song.pak.ngc" data talked about in the guide. I unpacked the .bin file fine, any suggestions? If all else fails, I'll wait for the video.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylop wrote:
Yeah, the path was correct. I actually just solved it, the audio wouldn't work as mp3 or ogg. I had to convert it to wav and it decoded successfully. Now my problem is modifying the chart data. I don't know if I misread the guide or I'm missing something but I cannot find the "DLCxx_song.pak.ngc" data talked about in the guide. I unpacked the .bin file fine, any suggestions? If all else fails, I'll wait for the video.

Well, the video just shows it in action on the console.

You have to unpack a bin that's not 000.bin or 001.bin (those are index files). Then you should see DLCxx_song.pak.ngc (xx being the bin number) in a folder with the same name as the bin number, under a subfolder called contents/dot. If it's really not there, what are the contents of that folder?

As for the audio... MP3 worked for me. You might have to actually install RAD Video Tools, or it might be because I have the K-Lite codec pack installed.
kylop  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
You have to unpack a bin that's not 000.bin or 001.bin (those are index files). Then you should see DLCxx_song.pak.ngc (xx being the bin number) in a folder with the same name as the bin number, under a subfolder called contents/dot. If it's really not there, what are the contents of that folder?

As for the audio... MP3 worked for me. You might have to actually install RAD Video Tools, or it might be because I have the K-Lite codec pack installed.

I unpacked a file called 122.bin and it made a folder called 122. Inside the folder there is a file called "contents" with no extension. I'm baffled.
I did install RAD Video Tools awhile ago, but since then I've upgraded to Windows 7 so I'll see if I need to install it again for whatever reason.

EDIT: I re-copied the DLC data from the Wii to the SD card and now it's working properly!
EDIT2: The program fails every time I'm converting the mid to GHWT qb. I'll see if I can find out why.

Last edited by kylop on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ND1310  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! idk how you get all the "Rawk" programs done but i have heard they work really well. i'll be using this if i ever get GHWT for wii
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylop wrote:
AerialX wrote:

I unpacked a file called 122.bin and it made a folder called 122. Inside the folder there is a file called "contents" with no extension. I'm baffled.
I did install RAD Video Tools awhile ago, but since then I've upgraded to Windows 7 so I'll see if I need to install it again for whatever reason.

EDIT: I re-copied the DLC data from the Wii to the SD card and now it's working properly!

Were you running the game from a USB/SD launcher, the new cIOScorp, or something to do with backups? Bins made that way are incompatible...

ND1310 wrote:
wow! idk how you get all the "Rawk" programs done but i have heard they work really well. i'll be using this if i ever get GHWT for wii
RawkSD works well ... This works fine IMO, but it's nowhere near as nice and friendly as RawkSD.

Alright, there's a new video up just of me playing Green Grass and High Tides on GHWT. Ignore the absolutely horrible performance, I'm used to RB2 >.>...

There's also a new build up (same download link). It handles solos better, as well as hopos. You can also override the hopo_threshold by inserting a "{hopo_threshold 250}" comment (no quotes) into any track in the source MIDI.
kylop  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
Were you running the game from a USB/SD launcher, the new cIOScorp, or something to do with backups? Bins made that way are incompatible...

Yeah, I used cIOScorp and launched the backup from the disc channel. It worked fine for RawkSD but if this is different then I'll have to get my hands on a copy of the original disc. The program continues to crash when I use the mid to GHWT QB function. I'm trying to use a custom chart I made myself and not a Rock Band 2 mid.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylop wrote:
AerialX wrote:

Yeah, I used cIOScorp and launched the backup from the disc channel. It worked fine for RawkSD but if this is different then I'll have to get my hands on a copy of the original disc. The program continues to crash when I use the mid to GHWT QB function. I'm trying to use a custom chart I made myself and not a Rock Band 2 mid.

Old versions of cIOScorp are fine (the one released this week however probably isn't). If RawkSD works, this will.

As for the chart... You have to at least convert it to a mid with chart2mid2chart, a .chart file won't work. If it is a mid and it's crashing, you should probably send it to me to test with.
thesentence  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most brilliant thing to come to the customs scene!!! Imagine that, you decide to put a last minute edition on to your game and you don't even have to restart, damn...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
kylop wrote:
AerialX wrote:

Old versions of cIOScorp are fine (the one released this week however probably isn't). If RawkSD works, this will.

As for the chart... You have to at least convert it to a mid with chart2mid2chart, a .chart file won't work. If it is a mid and it's crashing, you should probably send it to me to test with.

I'm using a version of cIOScorp that I got about a month ago for RawkSD. I was using a .mid when it crashed. I'll PM you the link to the .mid. If you would be so kind as to test it, I'd give you my endless thanks.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesentence wrote:
This is the most brilliant thing to come to the customs scene!!! Imagine that, you decide to put a last minute edition on to your game and you don't even have to restart, damn...

Well, that feature has been in RawkSD since day one... As long as you don't end up crashing the game you can retest as often as you want :P

kylop wrote:
I'm using a version of cIOScorp that I got about a month ago for RawkSD. I was using a .mid when it crashed. I'll PM you the link to the .mid. If you would be so kind as to test it, I'd give you my endless thanks.

Well if it extracted files instead of making a contents file then it's fine.
As for the mid... I just realized what the problem is before I even went to check it. I made the idiotic assumption that the mid has *every* instrument charted. Since I only used RB2 charts to test, I never ran into that problem. >.>

Fixed again, redownload from the usual download link.

Oh, any to anyone who does try it... Videos are a nice way to give a project like this a bit of publicity

EDIT: I'm going away on vacation for a week, leaving in the morning. I hope the current build is enough for you test the GHWT waters ... If anyone gets curious, Queen Bee v1.8 works with GHWT, so feel free to experiment with the paks. But my chart converter should be good for most of you.

EDIT2: Just to recap... For anyone with Wiiscrubber and a bit of free time, you should be able to use the chart converter included in RawkTour to make disc customs of GH:WT, GH:M, or GH:SH. For GHWT, you can use the audio tools as well. For GHM/GHSH, you'll need to modify the batch files to fit with the new track layout (not that much work). And Queen Bee v1.8 can be used to modify the setlist and tweak whatever you want.

EDIT3: Did anyone else happen to notice the very end of my GGaHT video? The chart actually had notes at the end where there should just be a Big Rock Ending.
kylop  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerialX wrote:
thesentence wrote:

Well, that feature has been in RawkSD since day one... As long as you don't end up crashing the game you can retest as often as you want :P

kylop wrote:

Well if it extracted files instead of making a contents file then it's fine.
As for the mid... I just realized what the problem is before I even went to check it. I made the idiotic assumption that the mid has *every* instrument charted. Since I only used RB2 charts to test, I never ran into that problem. >.>

Fixed again, redownload from the usual download link.

Oh, any to anyone who does try it... Videos are a nice way to give a project like this a bit of publicity

EDIT: I'm going away on vacation for a week, leaving in the morning. I hope the current build is enough for you test the GHWT waters ... If anyone gets curious, Queen Bee v1.8 works with GHWT, so feel free to experiment with the paks. But my chart converter should be good for most of you.

EDIT2: Just to recap... For anyone with Wiiscrubber and a bit of free time, you should be able to use the chart converter included in RawkTour to make disc customs of GH:WT, GH:M, or GH:SH. For GHWT, you can use the audio tools as well. For GHM/GHSH, you'll need to modify the batch files to fit with the new track layout (not that much work). And Queen Bee v1.8 can be used to modify the setlist and tweak whatever you want.

Thanks for the quick response to my problem, however the program still crashed for me with my chart. I even added notes to every other instrument and difficulty and it still failed with the new build. I thought for some reason it was a problem with the DLC data, but I extracted a chart from GH:SH with Wiiscrubber and still no luck.

EDIT: I finally got the .mid to convert. I had to use girlsnotgrey taken right out of my rb2 ark and a song from GH:SM, not DLC. I'm getting closer though, I'll keep trying.

Last edited by kylop on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the popularity of the Wii and GH and customs, I fail to see why this isn't garnering more attention.

Anyways, I replaced Jessie's Girl, but it can't be restored to the Wii System Memory. I'll keep trying though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: