ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 Hands-On Preview!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
An 80% exactly would be 500 points on X1, or is it different now?
Assuming I'm reading correctly, there is no more "base score per phrase". The longer a phrase needs to be sung, the more points it's worth. And 80% exactly would yield 80% of the points of that phrase at x1, so if there was a phrase worth 1000 points, hitting 80% would give you 800 points.

Edit: ninja'd by memesis. Also, I forgot to mention: fgsdfdsgsdfdsg this looks awesome.
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need this game so bad, I wanted to bribe Gamestop!
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:
memesis wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
Can I ask then, if it's easier than WT to get 100% of the points? Or is it the same as WT where you have to be spot on direct?

The leniency has been increased from what it has been in previous games. So no, its not as unforgiving as WT vocals were.

Q:By this quote
"However, if they begin to push into the extra 20% of the progress meter, the player will be awarded extra SP relative to how much of the meter is filled. Think of it like whammying SP for vocals."

You mean by, we only have to fill up 80% Of the phrase to keep your streak going, just like in WT?

If so. I <3 you guys so much right now.

80% is always what it has been.

I was pretty sure on Metallica it was 90 percent? Since you need a 90 percent on World Tour to get a green flash and GH:M required you to have a green flash to keep your combo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question. In previous games, activating SP at the very end of a phrase still awarded you with the double points bonus for that phrase, and if SP ended in the middle of a phrase meant you ended up with no extra points. Is this still true, and if not, how does it work now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
I've got a question. In previous games, activating SP at the very end of a phrase still awarded you with the double points bonus for that phrase, and if SP ended in the middle of a phrase meant you ended up with no extra points. Is this still true, and if not, how does it work now?

From what I gathered, GH5 vocals work much like ticks with Guitar sustains. You don't get a chunk of points at the end of each phrase, rather you get points as you sing the note(s). It doesn't scale either, so a series of short phrases is similar in points to one long phrase. This means SP should be activated whilst you are singing now, and not right at the end of the phrase, as the multiplier increase is active whilst singing the phrase.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackadder18 wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:

From what I gathered, GH5 vocals work much like ticks with Guitar sustains. You don't get a chunk of points at the end of each phrase, rather you get points as you sing the note(s). It doesn't scale either, so a series of short phrases is similar in points to one long phrase. This means SP should be activated whilst you are singing now, and not right at the end of the phrase, as the multiplier increase is active whilst singing the phrase.

You're correct for the most part. The player earns points continuously while sustaining a note like on guitar. However, the points are still awarded to the player in a lump sum at the end of the phrase. So to NavyCherub, yes this aspect still works the same as it did in previous titles.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Hyperspeed's influence differ depending on how many people are playing? (I.E. In GH3, Hyperspeed 5 = Hyperspeed 10 in Co-op)...does it remain around the same speed now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before (at least twice, I believe), no, the track speed does not change depending on how many people are playing. HS 1 in 4P will be the same as HS1 in 1P.

I do have a couple questions, none of which will be dealbreakers for me (I plan on getting this on Sept. 1 regardless of the following):

1) Will custom charts (from GHMix2.0) drop extremely fast notes (~24NPS) like in GHWT, or have you guys removed that quirk from GMMix? This was a bit of an annoyance to me, since I tend to put in fast guitar parts and frequently found that some of the notes were removed from the chart during gameplay.

2) Is the tempo fixed throughout a custom song or will tempo changes be implemented?

3) Regarding the Extra option "Focus Mode": will it apply to all people if one person turns it on, or will it only black out the area around that person's lane?

lastly, regarding World Tour imports (or rather, redownloading): will the following songs be available in GH5 as of now?

* Scream Aim Fire - Bullet for My Valentine
    * Pull Me Under - Dream Theater
    * Satch Boogie - Joe Satriani
    * Beat It - Michael Jackson
    * Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) - LOSTPROPHETS
    * The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
    * Hot for Teacher - Van Halen

again, none of these are dealbreakers, although I would like to know the answer before I buy it.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said in the Misc GH5 Thread that Everlasting Gaze X+ chart is missing all bass notes...true?
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Someone said in the Misc GH5 Thread that Everlasting Gaze X+ chart is missing all bass notes...true?

I'd like to pressure this question to be answered...this is by far my favorite drum song to play in WT, I'd die if this was killed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind GH5 but for god sakes, did the bass notes for drums have to be a light grey/white color?

BLINK IS BACK!!!!!!!
BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is probably one of the best games in the series. And I haven't even played all the songs yet. It's really awesome expanding the setlist with DLC, GHWT, and GHSH songs. My only real problem with it is that the Wii didn't get Line 6 effects in GHMix.

Hafkie  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlawed wrote:
I dont mind GH5 but for god sakes, did the bass notes for drums have to be a light grey/white color?

I don't see why people are making a big deal about this. I have terrible vision, but I can see them perfectly even with my glasses off.
outlawed  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have good sight balls either but when I played the game the first time on my 42" plasma I had to strain to see em, needless to say I wont be tossing it away because of the color of the bass line, I mean the new guitar is well worth it! the fret board clicks in and stay put, i actually didnt push it in all the way when I first put it in! there is no play at all (i know the les pauls and the first gen scaters you could slide the fretboard in and out a bit when it was locked in, not with the new one) and whoever's idea it was to put a rubber like coating on the strummer, star power button and toggle botton pure genius! it so much more grip its unbelievable.
I wish I would have had the option to choose the color or somethin

BLINK IS BACK!!!!!!!
GameOver  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK admittedly i only played 6 of the new additions and some of the GHWT/Metallica DLC, but the sound is horrible in GH5

Thats my biggest gripe, not sure what it's like on the other consoles but the PS3 version i got sounds like the audio is recorded in a toilet (high echo and that tape left in the sun type distortion at times)

Seems they don't care about quality, in preference for quantity of bizzare song selections.

the whammy distortion is painfull to listen to, possibly the most painfull of the 5 incarnations. But that could be attributed alot to the fact the song recordings already have alot of whammy included so you are whammying a whammied sound.

If it wasn't for the bonus score achieved during star power/additional star power during build ups i'd never use it at all anymore.

The graphics look ok, no real complaints there, it does look a little blurry but not the grainy look from Metallica thank god.

the fretboard loks alot wider but smaller notes, still it's not hard to read
they've fully supproted WideScreen properly this time too.

The presentation seems more of a realistic camera shoot of a band playing live, more emphasis on the singer than anything else

the new auto lag calibration system seems broken, maybe i was missing something

strumming for video is fine that goes through twice and sais yup ok
But the audio you can keep strumming endlessly and it doesn't stop til you press START which only achieves canceling what you were doing

I might also add it said i had no lag which is odd as GH3 onwards always came up with video or audio lag from my Samsung 42" 5ms HDTV

Will try online later if i can bring myself to play it again, more likely i'll just stick to GH Metallica/WT and maybe smash hits for the few songs they didn't ruin on that version

As Outlawed said though the new guitar looks nice and i had a dodgy star power one that came with the WT Band kit so i needed a replacement anyway.

Time to play the Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: