ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psxfreak101, woozerkristen, footballtom3685 and PhatTrumpet!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All proceeds from HoverBall should go to SH ;D

Good choices, I love you footballtom.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... but... PhatTrumpet is lacking in gentlemanship!

beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
After reading through this thread I feel strange being one of the few who knows woozerkristen (I even knew her before RB came out). Congrats to all of you again. ;)

Its mainly because most people who frequent the RB side don't notice the announcements thread, you'd have a much higher recognition rate for her and Phattrumpet if it was linked to on both sides
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Sixen  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has shown how much the RB and GH sides of Scorehero are separated from each other for some users. Though each side is only one click away from the other, a decent amount of people don't ever venture over to the other side to see what is happening, for whatever reason that may be. Most likely because they dont own RB, which is understandable, but they are missing out on conversations and thoughts from great people.

Kristen is a very well known and highly respected person on the RB side (obviously, she was given a mod spot xD!) and I see users on the GH side that have been here for a couple years with 1k+ posts not have a clue who she is, which is puzzling to me.

I know this is getting off topic of the thread but I think JC and the other long time staff should decide whether they want both sides to be completely separated in terms of content and have some users not ever interact with one another as they are now or have the two sides intertwine in some of the content. The most obvious way to do this would be have the General chat and other non GH/RB forums shared between the two sides, or have users be able to customize there personal view of the site to have whatever sections of the forum they want viewable or not viewable based on there preferences. If they did something like that, I think we would see less of what is happening now with some 1k+ posts members not knowing Kristen as well as the other new staff members just because she isn't on the GH side as much as the others.

I know that my thoughts is surely being brought up with the SH code rewrite that will be happening. I haven't read all the posts in that thread to see what the staff position is on that issue and whether or not that is even on the table, but I still felt I should state my ideas on how to improve the users experience with the site, which i am doing in this tangent of a post

Once again, I congratulate all the new Staff and I am sure they will due a bang up job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
but I still felt I should state my ideas on how to improve the users experience with the site

I like your idea. However, you've probably forgotten about the Scorehero Uservoice, which is the most efficient method to making your ideas known to the Staff and the community (without making an unecessary thread).

Anyway, congratulations again to all the new staff! We'll probably see an influx of new users and challenges with the upcoming games but I know we have a very talented and able staff to take them on.
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being so late to post. I've know everybody that is being promoted, and I have to say they all deserve it!
Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time there is new staff added, there is a rare SH-Bot appearance on the forums.

Has "it" forgotten? xD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the new staff.
GuitarHailz wrote:
I have the utmost respect for rkcr, but no, he wasn't 4 mods. He was a great mod, as was Matt and Army,
and Hailz. (well, TBH I really don't know if you were a great mod, sorta before my time, but just thought you oughta be on that list )
And I agree with your post.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now I feel really bugged to see how tiny is the number of people who know woozerkristen. Or maybe it is 'cause I've seen her name running around the forums for a long time? Well, I know I started to frequent both sides equally somewhere at July '08, and I got RB1 and 2 on March '09.

It's been pretty much one year since I've seen her first, on "The Girl Thread". And I still remember what she was talking about. Some facepalm-worthy comments on her vids and stuff...

Before this gets into a whole history, I've seen these 4 names running here (I mean, on the entire site, both sides of SH) oftenly, especially on the section. They all deserved the mod banner, and I believe they'll do a great work.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to everybody.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....too big of a deal for me not to say something

by far some of the best people for the job since they're all really helpful to the community and nice (and beast players as well), I think JCirri described them well enough but it's not easy having so much respect on the forums and in the game.

time for me to leave again...

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
TenTen  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations everyone. :]

Phr34k  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me crawls out of his RBN cave for a minute...

Well then, now I can kick psx out of more channels at once! Yay!

Welcome aboard everyone, it's nice to see some new faces near the watercooler (trying to remember just how long ago that referenced.... damnit I've been around a while...). Having not been able to do any form of moderation tasks for some time, it's nice to see that we're still expanding effectively and such

Oh yeah... the jaeger in the staff freezer is mine... don't touch. But feel free to grab a couple of Coffee Crisps from JCs desk, I'm sure he won't mind sharing a few of those. <________<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
Fun fact: despite now being a mod, I'm STILL the mod kicking bag. Some things will never change...

*glares*
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Phr34k wrote:
Fun fact: despite now being a mod, I'm STILL the mod kicking bag. Some things will never change...

*glares*

Don't worry, I hate you, too.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy