ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[REL]Performance fix for GH games on ATI/AMD cards (Final Release)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eydee  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsm:

I don't know what causes the black screen and flickering, it seems to happen only for your card + monitor configuration as no one else reported it. I think the other issue (upper left corner) is related to the 59.9x Hz problem in Windows 7. You may have seen people talking about it @ game.amd.com.
I still think that it's running at 640x480, and of course it switches to HD res when you alt tab, because I spent a lot of time implementing that. The result is the same when the resolution was OK but game resized itself to a very huge size.

It may not help, but you coud try bChangeRes = 0 or 1 AND iForceRf = 59. Maybe you could combine this with unticking the "hide modes blablabla" checkbox.
labrat  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Now I can play GH3, GH:A and GH:WT with every setting maxed out (1920x1200). Before the fixed i was forced to play 800x600 without the crowd and "eye candy". Thanks again.

*i'm using Windows 7 x64 and HD 4870 1GB (Catalyst 9.8)
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. This will stop people with ATi cards from bitching about the choppy fretboard on GHWT.

God I got tired of that after the third post......was ready to stab somebody with a rubber chicken after the seventh, then just gave up after the tenth.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
eydee  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Finally. This will stop people with ATi cards from bitching about the choppy fretboard on GHWT.

God I got tired of that after the third post......was ready to stab somebody with a rubber chicken after the seventh, then just gave up after the tenth.

People should and must continue bitching about the GH performance. But of course not to you but to AMD. It's a shame that they haven't fixed it yet.
rsm  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some more testing, and sadly nothing

New cats 9.9 don't fix guitar hero either, so I guess I'm screwed.

Thanks for your time eydee, my next video card will be an nvidia.
channjose  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks!!!!!!!!!!! this really worked, my pc is up to date finally (9.9) and guitar hero (III and world tour)works perfectly now, sadly the ozzy osbourne hair glitch does not dissapear with the new drivers, is someone has the same hair problem?? i must say that this glitch is only aplied on crazy train and mr crowley´s singer, in most of the cases ozzy osbourne but if you are singing with your character on those songs, well, they goona have the same glitch too... weird
Zaom  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how it works for me.. i have 9.9 Catalyst without this dll GH3, GHA and GHWT runs at low. When i use this dll GH3 & GHA works ok now but has no effect on GHWT.

Never had hair glitch problems with or without dll.
eydee  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hair glitch is a game bug, this software has nothing to do with it. Maybe it'll be fixed when the game is officially released worldwide. I think they should make a patch for this particular version too.

But it's Aspyr, so maybe they'll just fix the singing lag bug and release the game with all the other issues untouched. We'll see.
rsm  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!!!

Eydee: I finally got it working!

The issue was using a larger DPI for my fonts. That was causing the blowing up of the image. I turned my dpi back to 100% for the fonts and now it works with 0 on the force refresh rate and resolution settings on the ini!!

Thanks a million!
eydee  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsm: I'm glad to hear it. I'll check this out and fix it if it's fixable.

update: Now I can replicate the issue. Unfortunately there's no way to change the DPI setting on the fly without logging off, so my app won't have this feature. Sorry. I'll think about relative window resizing, but it can decrease the image quality.
fatdog  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta say thanks for this, just had my system updated to windows7 and found wt was completely unplayable, tried this and its running great
acis25  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks! i've been looking for a solution for a very long time. now that i found it, seems i still have a problem though. i 've installed guitar hero: aerosmith successfully but when i click to play i get an error message (when i tried in safe mode the message was: video card not compatible or something like this). i downloaded the last catalyst center and d3d9.dll but still i can't play. i 've got an ati radeon hd 4850 an amd phenom 9950 and 2gb of ram running on windows xp. any idea?
eydee  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of error message do you get? Do you get it only with my dll?
acis25  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will most probably be all greek to you but anyway :P

it's the typical "report the problem to microsoft" message. and i get this every time i try to run the game by double-clicking on the icon.

when i tried though in safe mode i got this one: "It's not compatible with your video card, refer to minimum system requirements."

then i installed Visual C++ 2008 SP1, the latest catalyst center and your dll file but unfortunately nothing changed.
eydee  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of processor do you have? Does it have SSE2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: