ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[REL]Performance fix for GH games on ATI/AMD cards (Final Release)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorravin  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does wonders for me (Radeon 4870).

Before it ran like shit, runs flawlessly now.

Thanks a lot for this (sorry for bumpng, but this helped a lot for me and should help for a lot of other people.

Guitar Hero 3 Goals:
El Jefe - [X]
Learn How to Tap - [X]
RaBL - [X]
750k... - [ ]

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Goals:
325k on TKAR - [X] (327k)
5 Star All on Sight read - [X]

No more for now.
AndyMosh  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the massive bump, but I wonder if anyone could help, especially the creator eydee, I recently got World Tour and Legends of Rock for my PC, it has an ATi 5770HD from Sapphire, both games get serious lag issues and I tried reverting back to 10.4 Catalyst and World Tour was flawless on that and this fix you created worked for Legends of Rock and made that work too, this morning my computer didn't boot, this I have found it is because of 10.4 so I am on the latest driver now which is 10.7 and both games lag again when I am more than capable of running both on top settings, even on the lowest settings it lags, this fix does help both games but one problem it has is, even though FPS is nice and smooth with this fix, it does still jutter every so often on both games, so it will be smooth for 5 seconds or so and then a quick jut, which does put me off my rhythm for the song, and is quite annoying, could anyone please help or even better could eydee help with anything possible, this fix is amazing, just wish it would work perfectly for me as it has done with many other people.

PC Specs:

Intel E8400 @ 3.00Ghz
Sapphire HD 5770
2GB OCZ Platinum RAM.
MADHAMSTER1  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I too am running world tour and gh3 with a Sapphire 5770 vapor x . You have to use cat 10.6 and this fix it works perfect. As soon as you use 10.7 its back to shit again. Maybee eydee can take a look at 10.7 if he is not too busy. Just use 10.6 and the fix Andy
AndyMosh  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MADHAMSTER1 wrote:
Hi Andy,
I too am running world tour and gh3 with a Sapphire 5770 vapor x . You have to use cat 10.6 and this fix it works perfect. As soon as you use 10.7 its back to shit again. Maybee eydee can take a look at 10.7 if he is not too busy. Just use 10.6 and the fix Andy

Hey man, i've rolled back to 10.6 not only for this but in 10.7 Call of Duty: World at War has massive lag issues, I have applied this fix to both games and it works great for Guitar Hero 3 but still in World Tour there is a small stutter in the game every 5-10 seconds which does put me off my rhythm, it'd be great if eydee could take a look, or if ATi would actually make some decent drivers.

Thanks
eydee  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have bad news for you, guys. I took a look at this and found absolutely nothing. I have absolutely zero issues with Catalyst 10.7 (except that I need this little app of course). No lag, no jitter, no stuttering, nothing. I'm talikng about both (actually all 3) games.

Either it's a 5k series related problem, or there's a specific setting somewhere that is different on my system and yours'.

I'll try and help with some info:

My config:

Code:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 | RAM: Kingmax 4GB DDR2 800 | MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF | GPU: Sapphire HD 4850 512MB | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: W7 Pro x64 RTM

My desktop resolution is 1280x1024. My in-game resolution is 1280x720.

My ghfix config file looks like this:

Code:
[ATIFIX]
bChangeRes=0
iForceRf=60
bShowActivated=0

The first value is 0 because I use this app to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio on the 5:4 monitor. (That's the reason why I stated writing this app, the performance fix is just a nice bonus.)

My CCC settings are default, everything in it. The AMD External Event Utility service is disabled.

And one more note, I have the standard WHQL version of 10.7, not 10.7b.

The first thing that I would say is that you have this problem because you have only 2GB of RAM. But you say it did work when you tried using Catalyst 10.4. If it's indeed a 5k series problem I cannot do anything more as I have no such card.

You can as well try defragmenting your HDD, but I don't think that fragmentation can make this game unplayable.
AndyMosh  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent a driver survery thing to AMD so hopefully they will fix it, GH3 is perfect i'm just having issues with world tour as it stutters every so often, i'll live with it i guess, thanks for looking into it eydee
eydee  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent them at least 50 in the last 13-14 months. They just don't care. But keep it up, they might change their minds in the future.
sse1478  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to all those using 5770's SET THE FRAME RATE VERY HIGH!!! i set my frame rate to 200 and the game works better than ever 99% lag free!!!
spacman  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, now i have smooth gameplay with World Tour and GH3 My system specs are:

Athlon II X2 250 with Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H motherboard
ATI 5570 with Catalyst 10.8
3Gb memory
Windows 7 home professional

Earlier it was impossible to play World Tour and GH3 was just playable with minimal details.
magedx9  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it seems to only work for world tour but i don't have aerosmith to try it on but it keeps crashing for guitar hero 3 i have a ati radeon hd5770 with the newest 10.12 catalyst center please help me i want to play guitar hero 3 with no lag
eydee  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magedx9 wrote:
Ok it seems to only work for world tour but i don't have aerosmith to try it on but it keeps crashing for guitar hero 3 i have a ati radeon hd5770 with the newest 10.12 catalyst center please help me i want to play guitar hero 3 with no lag

It still works fine here. Catalyst 10.12 + CCC2. GH3 doesn't crash for me. Neither do the others.

Try deleting the ini file, try changing your desktop/ingame resolution, turn off extra stuff in CCC, things like that. If you have an error message, write it here. I guess if you rename my dll file (and thus turn it off), the game works, is that right?
magedx9  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's working now i did a fresh install of windows 7 today and tryed it and no lag woohooo
pedrohero  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why,but my GH3 crashes if I put the dll on the GH3 folder

eydee  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedrohero wrote:
I don't know why,but my GH3 crashes if I put the dll on the GH3 folder

Maybe you don't have the vcredist package or you have the wrong version.
LordGaNgA  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: It worked!! Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! I've just bought an ATi Radeon card today, and I was so worried because I couldn't play any GH.

My specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Build 7600)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz (No OC)
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO (AM3 / 785G / SB710)
GSKill RipJaws 2x2 GB DDR3 1333 GHz CL9
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGammer Pro Fatal1ty (PCI)
PSU PowerCooler 850w
HDD Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB 32 MB

Catalyst 11.3

Games instaled:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero: World Tour

I had a XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Plus 512 MB GDDR3 and I could play any of my installed GH with full graphics and Physx mode on with any problem. Today I purchased this 5770 and these games were completely UNPLAYABLE with any version of Catalyst. But your fix WORKED with both games (I'm sorry, I didn't know GHA was available for PC, I'll try to get it and try it too)

I was thinking about changing it for a nVidia card, but I'll keep the Radeon for now

Again, thank you so much!! I sent the problem to AMD as you suggested!

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: