ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Astat's Acc. Thread (GH1 Hard FC #41 - Frankenstein)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astat  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Astat's Acc. Thread (GH1 Hard FC #41 - Frankenstein) Reply with quote

12/29/2009: YES! Finally got Frankenstein...I also figured out that annoying first SP phrase in Texas Flood to where I can hit it about 75% of the time now, so hopefully I can improve my score on that soon.

------

12/27/2009: Went back to GH1 really quick today and FC'd No One Knows on my first try! Also came close to FC'ing Breaking Wheel, but messed up at the end like I always do.

-----

12/24/2009: Finished up running through GH80s songs on Hard for now, picked up 3 more FCs - Heat of the Moment, I Wanna Rock, and Holy Diver. I probably wouldn't have gotten I Wanna Rock if I hadn't managed 100% with several overstrums on my first run through the song...I HATE 100% runs with overstrums, so I had to play it repeatedly until I got the FC just to be satisfied.

*Edit* Got 3 more, Synchronicity II, Bathroom Wall, and Hold On Loosely. Also FC'd We Got the Beat on Expert because I made a really dumb mistake on my sightread run.

Still a bunch more GH80s FCs I could feasibly get soon, but I'm cutting myself off for now and focusing on GH2 again, at least until the end of the year.

-----

12/23/2009: Been playing 80s for about a day and a half, I did a sightread Expert career and 5-starred everything except Play With Me (also sightread FC'd 3 songs), then went back later and got the PWM 5-star on about my 4th try. Much easier than the GH2 Log!

I'll be going back to GH2 soon though, I just felt like getting some Expert scores put in for 80s.

*Edit* Meh, figured I'd play some stuff on Hard while I had the 80s disc in my PS2. I FC'd 3 more songs - Only a Lad, Los Angeles, and Wrathchild. There are a bunch more I could get, but GH2 will still be my main focus for now.

-----

12/22/2009: Got YRGM today, I discovered that I hit the solo a lot easier if I just strum the whole thing, oddly enough. Also 7-starred Arterial Black.

-----

12/21/2009: Started the day off right (at approximately 1 AM) with a FC of Raw Dog.

*Edit* 2 more FCs, Carry On Wayward Son and Killing in the Name! The latter being especially appropriate, since it just became the #1 single in the UK for Christmas.

I also 7-starred Rock This Town with a -1 run. Maybe I CAN get to 50 FCs before the end of the year after all!

-----

12/20/2009: Finally got Collide today, also played a bit on Expert and got 3 new FCs - Mr. Fix-It, Parasite, and Radium Eyes.

*Edit* Got Stop as well, and had a minus EIGHT run on Free Bird!

*Edit 2* Also got Last Child, and reverse choked on Sweet Child O' Mine - missed twice near the beginning, then hit both solos. I also FC'd Soy Bomb on Expert.

*Edit 3* Got Madhouse and Thunderhorse too! It's been a good day.

-----

12/19/2009: You can put this in the category of "I totally thought I had already FC'd that song," I got Laughtrack today.

*Edit* Also got Gemini. Halfway there! I also had 4 or 5 -1 runs on Collide, blah. That song shouldn't be anywhere near as difficult as it is.

-----

12/18/2009: Got Red Lottery...what an abomination of a song. Also choked in solo D on YYZ after hitting it on the previous run.

I haven't been able to play much lately, so that goal of 50 FCs by the end of the year probably isn't going to happen.

-----

12/11/2009: Finally got Who Was In My Room Last Night. Also had a -3 run on Beast and the Harlot, and just BARELY squeaked by the 7-star cutoff on X-Stream, by a whole 7 points!

-----

12/10/2009: 2 more FCs today, Soy Bomb and Less Talk More Rokk. I just barely missed the 8* cutoff on Soy Bomb, so I'll probably redo that one at some point...

After studying the FC statistics on the Wiki page and comparing it to what I have/haven't FC'd yet, I've decided to set a personal goal of 50 FCs on GH2H by the end of the year. May seem a bit daunting, but I have confidence I can do it.

I'd also like to get No One Knows or Breaking Wheel on GH1 before the end of the year and reach my goal of 40 FCs on that game, but I'll likely be spending the rest of the year on GH2.

*Edit* Got Tattoed Love Boys...and had an EPIC choke on Madhouse with a -2 in the last chorus. Gah.

-----

12/9/2009: FC'd X-Stream today but totally fucked up the SP because the chart shown on the Wiki page is the 360 version, which has 2 additional SP phrases (hint hint...somebody should address that).

I might try to re-FC it later with the correct PS2 SP path, since I just missed the 7* cutoff.

*Edit* Also got Trippin' on a Hole in a Really Long Song Title and Bad Reputation. Re-FC'd X-Stream but only improved by like 900 points, I'll eventually get that 7-star.

-----

12/8/2009: 2 more FCs today, Search and Destroy and John the Fisherman. I was really surprised about JtF in particular, I'd never hit that fast strumming part before, and I wound up FC'ing the song on the first run that I did.

There are still a crapload of other FCs I can get, many of which I'm choking on constantly...

*Edit* Also got The New Black.

*Edit 2* And Freya as well?! I was just playing through it once going for a 7-star...and I fucking FC'd it!

-----

12/7/2009: FC'd Mother on Hard, and had 3 rage-inducing chokes today:

#1: FC'd the solo in You Really Got Me, then proceeded to miss on the ending.
#2: Missed the RB trill in the first solo on Carry On Wayward Son, then proceeded to FC the rest of the song.
#3: Had a brain fart on Who Was In My Room Last Night and forgot to strum a note, then proceeded to FC the rest of the song.

Needless to say, I should be celebrating 20 FCs right now. Oh well.

In other news, I finally finished putting in scores on Easy and wound up ranked 60th overall. Not bad for hardly using SP paths and many of those scores being sightreads.

*Edit* Also got Them Bones, actually FC'd it twice because I didn't remember the SP path the first time and wound up with a lower score than my last non-FC.

-----

9/21/2008:

*insert Ren and Stimpy song about Log here*

GH1 Hard FCs: 41/47
GH2 Hard FCs: 41/64
GH80s Hard FCs: 16/30

Last edited by Astat on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 105 times in total
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that. You're the 4th person to break 440k on Freebird Medium! I improved a good 3k after holding down those RB holds (SP use after solo J) as long as possible. Still missed out on some points (mainly squeezes) but we can't all be like Cdw. Good luck on reaching the 12 million mark.

Astat  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how it is with squeezing, I've gotten pretty good at hitting notes late, but I still SUCK at hitting them early. What's funny about my 440k run, is I actually screwed up the 7th activation, I activated after I strummed the RY, but I made up for it by moving the last activation back by a note so I could get more out of the YB chord at the end, and I wound up getting a better score than when I followed the optimal path exactly.

I'm gonna get 12 million, I still have 19 bonus songs to go through and try to improve on (everything from FOP through X-Stream), and I'm less than 2,500 away. I'll just be glad to get it, because that's like my ultimate Medium goal, once I do I'll finally be able to move on to Hard full-time instead of just half-assing my way through it.

Astat  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...my thread is lonely.

FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat my score . I seriously couldn't handle the pain in my ears and didn't try very hard for optimal. Congrats on having a decent endurance though.

Astat  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...NOBODY reply to this topic, you understand me?

(Maybe reverse psychology will induce some replies <_<)

Vladimir777  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, I got a -1 on this (during the fast line of blues). I don't really want to attempt it again, since I feel like those will frustrate me, though I have never bothered practicing them to get the speed down right. I was a ilttle pissed, since I hit them all under x4 until the very last one.

anyways, you seem to have about the same amount of hard FCs as me, I should get Elephant Bones but, but your squeezing ability is better than mine (well, undoubtedly, since I have never bothered to squeeze) since you seem to have pracitced on hard, and also you follow paths better than me probably. I got like 200th some place on Parasite hard when I FCed it. I couldn't get that one whammy activation.
-5-star Expert GH1 [46/47]
-Get the Log--GH '80s [29/30]

My Accomplishments Thread--Please Visit!
Astat  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fast line of blues wasn't too much trouble for me, it was the gap between them and the next note, I tend to overstrum there.

I don't think of myself as much of a squeezer, I just go by debr's paths as best as I can. Tip for SP activations though, try activating SP right on top of the note rather than before it, and strum slightly late. I have it down to a pretty fluid motion now where my pinky finger hits Select at almost the same time my thumb downstrums the next note. I kind of picked up on it by playing Medium for a long time.

Astat  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...

blakstang98  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the SatD Hard FC! It was like 25th or something for me as it was just tricky in some ways and it just didn't fit my strengths. Get some more FC's now, you hear. Keep the hot hand in motion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the part in the solo that would be a trill on Expert is what makes the SATD FC difficult on Hard, it's kind of charted at an odd rhythm. Once I started hitting that in Practice I knew I'd get the FC, I just kept missing randomly in different spots, the SP phrase after the vocal/drum break in particular kept giving me trouble for some reason.

KennedyKills  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, SATD is damn annoying

Also, near the Jordan 5*?? Nice man..

GH2>all
Astat  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for epic Jordan chokez.

FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice going on Jordan. I've only 5*ed it twice myself and it's far from easy. Keep working on it and you'll get that 5*.

Astat  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what really pisses me off about Jordan? It seems like I always miss this part at the start of Solo A:

I have no idea why, I hit it most of the time in practice, but it seems like somewhere around the 2nd B/first Y, I always drop my combo there in a real run. I don't really need the SP phrase since the path I use right now already gives me 4 SP phrases by that point (I only activate once before the solo since I still need 4 phrases to survive it), but the constant combo dropping in the same spot is really annoying. If I could hit that every time it'd be a few more notes under 4x before I hit the descending triplets going into Solo B (which I always miss at least a few notes in).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: