ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Key to getting very high percentages?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Key to getting very high percentages? Reply with quote

So I've been getting several FCs now on World Tour and starting to become a little bit better vocalist, I think. But one thing I think I need to work on most is percentage. Most songs I sing I usually get somewhere in the low 90s, 90-92 percent and sometimes a little bit below 90. And I see most people above me on the leaderboards getting upward of 95 percent or so, so my goal is to try to be able to get somewhere around 95-97 percent on most songs, but I don't see anywhere else to try to pull any more percentage from. So what exactly do I need to do to go from high 80s-low 90s to mid and high 90s range?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh low to mid 90's is actually pretty good. I don't know how to say this without it sounding really obvious, but maybe try hitting the note earlier or sustaining it entirely?

Kind of a hard question to answer, but that's all I got sorry xD
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really no key. You just need to hit the phrases early, know the song and keep a constant pitch. Any fluttering would probably decrease your percentage, and/or make you lose combo, but that's an obvious.
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way is just practice I guess :P

Its like building muscle, only way to get it is hard work and determination
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright well let me clarify a little bit. I see guys like think13 and BOYOBOYY getting super high percentages, like 96% + and I'm just wondering what has to be done to take the step from where I am now to get to that level. I just don't see any way to pull out any more percentage points than what I'm currently getting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:
Alright well let me clarify a little bit. I see guys like think13 and BOYOBOYY getting super high percentages, like 96% + and I'm just wondering what has to be done to take the step from where I am now to get to that level.

Think of the blue tunnels as a blank canvas. You need to paint as much of that canvas "yellow" as possible with your comet. Only if every possible pixel of the blue tunnel turns yellow will you get 100%. The more of the tunnel you "paint," the higher your percentage will be.

Precision makes perfect. Try not saying words, as that makes comet go crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
Amanwithapencil wrote:
Alright well let me clarify a little bit. I see guys like think13 and BOYOBOYY getting super high percentages, like 96% + and I'm just wondering what has to be done to take the step from where I am now to get to that level.

Think of the blue tunnels as a blank canvas. You need to paint as much of that canvas "yellow" as possible with your comet. Only if every possible pixel of the blue tunnel turns yellow will you get 100%. The more of the tunnel you "paint," the higher your percentage will be.

Precision makes perfect. Try not saying words, as that makes comet go crazy.

Uh, Pretty much what Dr00bles said. Wii (and PS2) has a much more lenient engine (see the PS2/Wii/Xbox 360/PS3 differences thread) so that's why there are some much higher percentages there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: