ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 - Score-Tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're incredibly fast

I still haven't gotten the game... stupid homework (Boo vital education for keeping me from shredding on a plastic guitar)

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
Groudon199 wrote:
Gotsmack wrote:
EXEprog527 wrote:
amazing job w/ getting score tracking up so fast.....

will 6* values automatically show up once everything is working correctly?

We haven't seen extended star ratings since GH:A, if that's what you're referring to.

I think he's referring to the star rating that shows up when you 100% a song. When you get 100%, you get 6* instead of 5* (haven't checked to see if it's FC only or just 100%).

We've never had this ability. I don't know about GH1, but all the other GH games had gold stars when you 100% a song, but SH has never accomodated that. GH5's Manage Scores still only allows a 3-5 star rating.

Rock Band got the 6 for the Gold Star, which doesn't actually require a 100%. Unless you hit another star rating simply from reaching a score threshhold in GH5 then I think we're gonna see 3-5 only.
Well its not a score threshold but its a note streak threshold..you get the sixth score for FC or max note streak.

5 gold stars: 100% with overstrum
6 gold stars: FC

Maybe it could be automatic?

(sorry for all the quotes..I thought they were all relevant. I removed my sig to save space)
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Wow I'm impressed, score tracking looks great!

And of course, obligatory

Have fun all you crazy kids. My GH5 day starts at 2:30. YEAAAH

OMG YES

I love it, wasn't expecting it to go up, but it looks great!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the banner looks nice. Any chance of a Beatles banner for the other side, Hailz?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got home with the game, ill be playing in a few seconds Thanks so much for getting score tracking up so fast
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace job, Neversoft. I've been a solidly pro-Harmonix guy since GH3 (though I own it, WT, and GHM), but I have to say that this is by far the most solid band game on the market right now. The streamlined interface, much-improved guitar, exporting, setlist diversity, and a ton of other tweaks that have added up over the past year make the game an absolute blast. I could do without the zombie-like celebrities* and still happily play RB because of the sheer amount of DLC I currently and will have, but, yeah- I didn't expect this kind of polish. Kudos.

*The Kurt Cobain and Johnny Cash thing irritates me on a number of levels, but that's why I play with my avatar**.

**>_>

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently PS2 vocals are scored differently from the rest of the consoles. The scoring is like Smash Hits. Shouldn't PS2 scores be separated in this case?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i want gh5 now... but i gotta wait till my birthday sept. 29. I think i can still get GHVH free if i buy it then.

llamaman2  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so ready to start playing...

too bad I got lots of homework.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWT Imported and DLC songs have now been added and all Expert+ songs are properly listed as well.

I've also got the guitar career tiers and song orderings (thanks Hylian), but still need to gather the data for other instruments before I can fix those up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
GHWT Imported and DLC songs have now been added and all Expert+ songs are properly listed as well.

I've also got the guitar career tiers and song orderings (thanks Hylian), but still need to gather the data for other instruments before I can fix those up.

Good work. Look foward to seeing everything up and running.

Off-topic: What was the deal with that quote tunnel? I don't mean to anger the mods, or anything like that; I'm plainly asking out of curiosity. Can someone please elaborate?

On-topic: Great job with everything set up so far, it should be awsome when finished.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Off-topic: What was the deal with that quote tunnel? I don't mean to anger the mods, or anything like that; I'm plainly asking out of curiosity. Can someone please elaborate?

The posts have been split from the thread so they aren't visible anymore. But the first few replies to this thread were quoted about 10 levels deep by many different members.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

The posts have been split from the thread so they aren't visible anymore. But the first few replies to this thread were quoted about 10 levels deep by many different members.

I knew that, but why did people quote the tunnel and post nothing after it? And what did emptyset mean in his first post, the post that was the start of the tunnel?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a bit of fun / excitement for GH5 (aka yelling "GEE AITCH FIIIiiiIIiIIIIIiIve") that got out of hand when the tunnel and number of replies with nothing else added outnumbered the rest of the content.

If anyone has further concerns or questions about this, please PM me instead so we can keep things on topic here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

from what i see, there's no seperate carrer instrument listing, everything is bundle into one big thing. you cant play career into Guitar only, Bass only, Drum only, Vocal only. it sound weird unless i missed something there. thats why you choose your player BEFORE playing anything.
you can switch bass/guitar anytime during song selection.

did i missed something ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: