ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 - Score-Tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it would have made more sense to people if it was "JEE EIGHTCH FIIiIIiIIiIiiiIIive!!!," but still, it really shouldn't be difficult to guess >_>

Anyway, enjoy your GH5, ScoreHero.

In other news, the new banner is nice, but the background colors don't match. The Ver. 2 banner was transparent so it blended in perfectly, but as for this new one... well:

Exhibit A

Is this important? No. Is this noticeable? Not really. Why am I pointing this out? Because I like doing stuff like that.
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
Groudon199 wrote:

I think he's referring to the star rating that shows up when you 100% a song. When you get 100%, you get 6* instead of 5* (haven't checked to see if it's FC only or just 100%).

We've never had this ability. I don't know about GH1, but all the other GH games had gold stars when you 100% a song, but SH has never accomodated that. GH5's Manage Scores still only allows a 3-5 star rating.

Rock Band got the 6 for the Gold Star, which doesn't actually require a 100%. Unless you hit another star rating simply from reaching a score threshhold in GH5 then I think we're gonna see 3-5 only.

yeah thats what i'm talking about... i just thought it would be something that could be implemented into scorehero once we have the total notes for each song.... or we could just stick w/ 6/7/8/9*'s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, yes, I can confirm that you do indeed get 6 gold stars for FCing a song (not sure if it's the same for 100% w/ overstrum).

Perhaps JC can allow us to enter 3-6 stars for GH5. It won't be automatic until we can get him the total notes for every song on every instrument on every difficulty.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
In other news, the new banner is nice, but the background colors don't match. The Ver. 2 banner was transparent so it blended in perfectly, but as for this new one... well:

Exhibit A

Is this important? No. Is this noticeable? Not really. Why am I pointing this out? Because I like doing stuff like that.

It doesn't show up that way for me on my screen. Next time I'll do a gif I guess. ;)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks nice that way. Makes it look like stickers.....

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRyder  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
JCirri wrote:
GHWT Imported and DLC songs have now been added and all Expert+ songs are properly listed as well.

I've also got the guitar career tiers and song orderings (thanks Hylian), but still need to gather the data for other instruments before I can fix those up.

from what i see, there's no seperate carrer instrument listing, everything is bundle into one big thing. you cant play career into Guitar only, Bass only, Drum only, Vocal only. it sound weird unless i missed something there. thats why you choose your player BEFORE playing anything.
you can switch bass/guitar anytime during song selection.

did i missed something ?

I think you're right, I've noticed playing through the songs in career on guitar, there are some easy songs late in the career, that would be much harder on other instruments like vocals, I think it's all ordered by perceived band difficulty, which I don't believe has a specific number shown in the game.

Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, I noticed something wrong with the DLC X+ section. The Guitar Battle with Ted Nugent isn't on there.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRyder wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
JCirri wrote:
GHWT Imported and DLC songs have now been added and all Expert+ songs are properly listed as well.

I've also got the guitar career tiers and song orderings (thanks Hylian), but still need to gather the data for other instruments before I can fix those up.

from what i see, there's no seperate carrer instrument listing, everything is bundle into one big thing. you cant play career into Guitar only, Bass only, Drum only, Vocal only. it sound weird unless i missed something there. thats why you choose your player BEFORE playing anything.
you can switch bass/guitar anytime during song selection.

did i missed something ?

I think you're right, I've noticed playing through the songs in career on guitar, there are some easy songs late in the career, that would be much harder on other instruments like vocals, I think it's all ordered by perceived band difficulty, which I don't believe has a specific number shown in the game.

so the point of having a guitar/bass/drum/vocal/band carrer tier sorting is pointless now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
JRyder wrote:

so the point of having a guitar/bass/drum/vocal/band carrer tier sorting is pointless now.

Yeah theres only one 'career order' which is sort of based on the band progression. In place of the 'gtr career', 'bass career' , etc you could have the quickplay display of the 'gtr intensity', 'bass intensity' etc. But note that in the actual game these do not have the DLC/imports separated out, not sure how scorehero would want to do it (need site redesign and custom setlist views for optimal situation whcih would be one big list that you can filter to display only the DLC/imports you have). Also, if i can soapbox for a moment, can we also have one display that is just alphabetical. I write down a big list of all my scores form quickplay whatever whatever from one night, or more, and then enter those later on. And honestly having it alphabetical by song title is deifnitely the easiest way fo rme to quickly find the song i want to enter.

EDIT: oh since its actually tracked by the game, put me down fo ra vote in favour of openign up the star entry to be 3-6 (and acutally we should test if star values <3 are displayable too), and then displaying 6 stars with some sort of 6 gold stars graphic. for consistency, 5 stars with 100% should preobably also then show up as five gold stars (and people should enter 5 stars in the proper field), and FC streak and 100% can display in green based on the poper numbers as usual.
Adventurejimbob  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I think the vocals scoring is different on PS2, as in, it doesn't give you points like they said they were going to do with GH5, and doesn't have the meter. It works exactly like Smash Hits. Therefore, we can't do global scoring for vocals, because there are going to be major differences between the two.
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventurejimbob wrote:
PS2 Vocal Stuff

Yes, this has been mentioned in another thread, JC knows.

Barfo wrote:
Yeah theres only one 'career order' which is sort of based on the band progression. In place of the 'gtr career', 'bass career' , etc you could have the quickplay display of the 'gtr intensity', 'bass intensity' etc. But note that in the actual game these do not have the DLC/imports separated out, not sure how scorehero would want to do it (need site redesign and custom setlist views for optimal situation whcih would be one big list that you can filter to display only the DLC/imports you have). Also, if i can soapbox for a moment, can we also have one display that is just alphabetical. I write down a big list of all my scores form quickplay whatever whatever from one night, or more, and then enter those later on. And honestly having it alphabetical by song title is deifnitely the easiest way fo rme to quickly find the song i want to enter.

I feel like it should just be in alphabetical order. Is there a huge convenience factor in having the setlist match the career order? It was back in GH1/2/3 cause one would know the names of all the tiers off the top of their head. Now, even after just finishing a session, I still can't tell you the names of the venues. We manage it this way for DLC already.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone test a low-score FC and see if that gets you six stars anyway just based on FCing the song?

the easiest to do this on is To Be Where There's Life by Oasis (I know a few people out there have this song). it's ALL holds. just drop every hold and dont use SP and you'll easily get a 3* level score while FCing the song. if this displays as 6 stars then idunno how we can realistically have extended star ratings for GH5 at all.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
gwpom  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:

I feel like it should just be in alphabetical order. Is there a huge convenience factor in having the setlist match the career order? It was back in GH1/2/3 cause one would know the names of all the tiers off the top of their head. Now, even after just finishing a session, I still can't tell you the names of the venues. We manage it this way for DLC already.[/quote]

I absolutely agree with this... I spreadsheet my songlists alphabetically too, and with what little I've looked the careers over (just bought the game yesterday), it seems the career separations are pointless. Just having the instrument combinations available and then all the stock songs in alphabetic order seems perfectly reasonable.
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
can someone test a low-score FC and see if that gets you six stars anyway just based on FCing the song?

the easiest to do this on is To Be Where There's Life by Oasis (I know a few people out there have this song). it's ALL holds. just drop every hold and dont use SP and you'll easily get a 3* level score while FCing the song. if this displays as 6 stars then idunno how we can realistically have extended star ratings for GH5 at all.

I got 100% on a song yesterday with an overstrum, and I didn't get 6 stars. I think this game really rewards FCs. It would be the first time a GH game acknowledges a full combo vs. 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

I got 100% on a song yesterday with an overstrum, and I didn't get 6 stars. I think this game really rewards FCs. It would be the first time a GH game acknowledges a full combo vs. 100%.

yes.i can confirm this too. i got 100% on Guitar-Hard on Blue Orchid and got 5 stars only, while i FCed 5 others songs and got 6 stars (i have picture proofed my scores). also, if you go back to your career on the same song you just FCed, you can see 6 stars now in gold instead of 5 golden stars. thats hot.
it feels good about this. FCing a song now means something !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: