Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ready2rock: Vocals FSFC!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: ready2rock: Vocals FSFC!!! Reply with quote

RECENT UPDATES:

7/15: Well, that does it for guitar hero vocals! I was surprised at some of the harmonies they charted at the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody, and the operatic section required quite a bit of precision. However, I didn't find it to be as difficult as I was expecting. I found Stone Cold Crazy and Ice Cream Man to both be much harder. Maybe it's an easier engine, or maybe I've just gotten better, I don't know. Nevertheless, it's a goal I've had for a long time, so I'm really happy to finally have it competed!

7/12: Well, I've done a lot since I've last updated. On guitar, I got my 2nd FGFC with Band Hero (the 1st being TB:RB). Boy, a lot of these songs had the difficulty just coming from the fact that you were constantly strumming with no rest (e.g. Naive, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, Take a Picture (2nd time I've broken 1000000!). Only a few songs had fun riffs/solos to play (YMCA, I Want You to Want Me, Picture to Burn). The ones I remember having trouble with include Naive (seriously, why did both this and L:RB have this in the game?), IWYTWM (wow, there's actually SOLOS), and Rio (screw that bridge).

On vocals, I'm SO CLOSE to a FSFC! I got BH about a week ago. If I had to give a top 5 in difficulty, it would include Steal My Kisses, Turn Off the Light, ABC, YMCA, and Rock Star (from easiest to hardest). I'd also probably put the game as a whole as harder than GH5, but easier than M and VH. So unless WoR gives me a really hard time in a few songs, my list will look like this:

WT<WoR<SH<5<BH<VH<M

Like I said, I don't have much left on WoR (70/91). So far, the only ones I've had ANY difficulty with are Jet City Woman (because I didn't know it), This Day We Fight! (by far the hardest so far), and Tones of Home (similar difficulty of Fame or Albatross). Then again, I still have Bohemian Rhapsody left, so will see. If all goes well, expect a FSFC within the next couple of days!

6/9: Hey guys! It's been a while since I've updated, but it's summer, which means I can work on Guitar Hero now! On the guitar, I've had a bunch of miscellaneous FCs on a bunch of different games, the biggest of which is probably You Really Got Me on GH2. All of a sudden I found I was able to hit that solo one handed and was pleasently surprised to get it.

For vocals, I just got a FGFC on Guitar Hero 5! It was actually easier than I thought it would be. The only one I think I had a lot of difficulty with was Play That Funky Music. Besides that, it helped that I knew all the hardest songs (Superstition, Sultans of Swing, Sympathy for the Devil, etc.) like the back of my hand. I also thought that something about this engine was a bit easier. Going to start Band Hero soon. 2 more games to a FSFC on vocals!

12/26: Well, this has been a good couple of days for guitar. I've been going back to GH2 and GH3 and really applied myself to some of these FCs I haven't applied myself to before, and turned out some great results! Among the FCs I got include Freya, Free Bird, YYZ, PP(LL), Arterial Black, Holiday in Cambodia, Pride and Joy, Before I Forget, Knights of Cydonia, and My Curse. A lot of them turned out to be easier than I was expecting them to be. I'm especially happy with getting Free Bird!

Side note: The GH3 engine confuses me. I was able to get away with all kind of overstrums on Knights of Cydonia, but it kept overstrumming when I wasn't screwing up when I was working on songs like Go That Far and Nothing For Me Here.

12/21:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/ready2rock_photos/Photoon12-21-12at1157PM_zpsaa9f35df.jpg
That is all.

12/20: Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this, mostly because of school. But that doesn't mean I haven't been doing GH stuff! I played through GH5 and WoR on guitar, and got a good number of FCs I'm pretty happy about, especially like 2112 Presentation. For vocals, I've been working my way through GH5 and making slow and steady progress. Haven't quite gotten to the really challenging ones yet, but I think I'm pretty close. Also, today I accomplished something I thought I would never be able to do: I submitted my score for Do You Feel Like We Do, and it turned out that it was a 1st place! I had never been 1st outright on a song before, and it made me really happy!

7/23: Well, exactly one month after I got the GH:M FGFC, I got GH:VH. That did not take even as close to the length of time I thought it would. This game was definitely easier than GH:M, but not easy by any stretch. David Lee Roth does a lot more vocal improvisation than James Hetfield does, and also has a lot more phrases where it's complicated to figure out the pitch. Also, the FC breakdown is complete and posted in the vocals forum.

Of course, the biggest celebration is: NO MORE FREEFORMS!!! THANK GOODNESS! I don't know how some of you guys can pull off the scores you do, but I sure can't. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with those anymore, and can move on to a much better vocals engine.

I'll be taking a break for a couple of days to rest my voice, then moving on to GH5.

7/22: Oh hi there! It's been a while since I've updated, mainly because I've taken a couple days to rest my voice, but I'm back in business, and with a Semi-Charmed Life FC! This one took about half the time I was expecting it to, which nicely made up for the entire day it took me to get Ice Cream Man. Currently attempting I Want it All, and once I get that (EDIT: got it!), I don't anticipate too much trouble from the rest of the songs. Hopefully a FGFC is coming in the next couple of days!

7/16: Well, it took me all day, but I finally got Ice Cream Man. I knew it was going to be tough, but I really underestimated it. As soon as I figured out the one phrase that was giving be trouble, I would miss another one for no reason. It was really frustrating, but I did get it on video.

7/15: Well, not much to say right now. Got some tough FCs today, including Beautiful Girls and Unchained. I also actually took first outright on 2 songs (Beautiful Girls and Safe European Home)! Ice Cream Man is up next, so we'll see how that goes

7/13: And I'm halfway there. The songs are definitely getting tougher. Jump was especially frustrating, but I'm pretty happy with my pace so far. I certainly did not expect to get to the halfway mark this fast. Still have the really tough songs left, but hopefully at the pace I'm going, I can get the FGFC in about a week and a half or two weeks. Nothing too much to note on guitar. The only FC I got was Jamie's Cryin', which was really easy. Some non-Van Halen songs coming next. It's nice to have a break from singing David Lee Roth over and over again.

Also, my FC breakdown will continue to update as I go through the songs, and I'll post it in the vocals forum when it's finished. Any feedback would be appreciated on it.

7/12: Some really good progress today. I got 7 more vox FCs for a total of 18. The songs were of varying difficulty, and most of them were pretty fun to sing. On guitar, I got some FCs that surprised me. I played I Want it All randomly and FCed it, which was really cool. I also got Come to life when I was really expecting to mess up the ending strumming.

7/11: Well, played through some Van Halen songs today. I have to say that on guitar, Somebody Get me a Doctor has some of the most awkward parts I've played in a while. Also got 4 more FCs on vocals, which makes 1/4 of the game done! The songs are getting harder already though, it's not just taking two or three tries anymore. On the bright side, I'm starting to get a little better at freeforms. I'm not trailing the leaders on the songs by 100,000 points anymore, so that's good. Pretty Woman and then some songs by other artists tomorrow.

7/10: Off to a good start so far. Pretty much gotten through the first two tiers on vocals without a hitch. I'm actually trying on freeforms this game (looking up the pitch, etc.). I'm OK, but I still don't know how some of you pull off the amount of points you do on those freeforms. My actual effort on them paying off, though, since I'm actually beating dr00bles on a song!

Working on guitar at the same time and had a few FCs, including this pleasant surprise:

That might be one of my best guitar FCs to date.

Also, listened to more than the chorus of Semi-charmed Life today. Wow, that's intimidating. That sounds like it's around Boys are Back in Town difficulty.

7/9: So after a Rock Band detour and needing a new microphone, I'm starting on GH:VH. On guitar, I got a Panama FC on a complete fluke, but used a bad SP path, and haven't hit the solo since. Also got Running with the Devil FC. Got Panama FC on vocals, and I'll hopefully be starting an up-to-date and fairly accurate FC breakdown for the game since there isn't one yet.

6/23: It is done. Got Tuesday's Gone last night and just FCed and re-FCed Stone Cold Crazy for score this afternoon. Getting the precise timing for verse 3 was definitely the hardest part.

That makes a FGFC of GH:M!!! This is absolutely the accomplishment I'm most proud of in this game.

6/22: OK, so I haven't updated this in a few days, but I've still been playing through GH:M.

For vocals, I've FCed the four easy songs I had left (The Thing That Should Not Be, Evil, Battery and Am I Evil). Am I Evil was definitely the most difficult just because I didn't really know it that well, but once I got the verses down, the rest wasn't too bad. That leaves only Tuesday's Gone and Stone Cold Crazy.

For guitar, I now have gotten to some of the more challenging songs, and even FCed a couple of them: Am I Evil, Blood and Thunder, and Beautiful Mourning. I was especially happy with Beautiful Mourning.

6/18: So apparently I had nothing I had nothing better to do today, so I spent pretty much all day doing GH:M, and I was on a roll on vocals. But first, guitar.

Not too much today, got a long overdue Demon Cleaner FC, and also got Hell Bent for Lether. Having trouble getting Fade to Black solo D, but maybe in the future I'll be able to hit it.

Now, vocals, I got quite a few FC, and I got them a lot faster than I thought I would. I got Mercyful Fate first, which, besides Satan's Fall, wasn't too bad. After Hit the Lights, I was afraid of what Whiplash would throw at me, but it also was fairly tame. I was particularly surprised by how quickly I got FFWF after practicing the ending for a bit.

And then, most surprising to me, after practicing the chorus more often than I've ever practiced any chorus ever, I got The Boys Are Back in Town!!! The most difficult part was the fact that the choruses vary just enough to throw you off, if you can even hit any of it in the first place. The second to last phrase in the first chorus was particularly difficult. So now I have 6 more left, 2 that are fairly easy, 2 that are of moderate difficulty, and 2 insane ones (Tuesday's Gone and Stone Cold Crazy)

6/17: Alright, so after three hours spent mostly listening to the same 50 seconds of intro on a loop, Hit the Lights finally got FCed! "wanna stop again" can now officially diaf. 10 more to go!

6/16 (kind of): Part Five!
Three sir!
Three!

Got a couple more easy FCs on vocals (No Excuses and Disposable Heroes), which brings it to 37. I also improved my score on SCC and am able to hit more of the phrases in verse 3. Still a long way from that one though.

6/16 Part Deux: OK, so I don't usually take pictures of my GH scores, but I thought this one was worth taking:

After much frustration, especially after a 997k run, I finally got 1,000,000 on Mercyful Fate. Wow. Didn't think I'd ever break a million on a song.

Also noteworthy is my vocals FC of Seek and Destroy, bringing my total to 35, and my guitar FC of Armed and Ready, which I was also pretty happy about. Still a LONG way to go to a FGFC on vox.

6/16: Got 2 more GH:M vocal FCs (Master of Puppets and Creeping Death). Still 14 more to go!

Last edited by ready2rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 31 times in total
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC list by game:

VOCALS: FSFC!!!

GH:WT FGFC!!! achieved August 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM
GH:SH FGFC!!! achieved ??? (don't have an exact date on this one, but internet achives says that the banner went in my sig before December 15, 2009)
GH:M FGFC!!! achieved June 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM
GH:VH FGFC!!! achieved July 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM
GH5 FGFC!!! achieved June 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
BH FGFC!!! achieved July 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
GH:WoR FGFC!!! achieved July 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
GUITAR:

Some of my proudest FCs:

Thunder Kiss '65
Mother
You Really Got Me
Caught in a Mosh
Thunderhorse
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
Heartbreaker
Are You Gonna Go My Way
Armed and Ready
Beautiful Mourning
Am I Evil?
The Takedown
Master Exploder

* = 100% overstrum

GH1 (24/47 FCs):
I Love Rock and Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Thunder Kiss '65
Smoke on the Water
More than a Feeling
Sharp Dressed Man
Killer Queen
Hey You
Stellar
Heart Full of Black
Fat Lip
Cochise
Take It Off*
Unsung
Higher Ground
No One Knows
Caveman Rejoice
Eureka, I've Found Love
Behind the Mask
Callout
Even Rats
Farewell Myth
Guitar Hero*
Hey
Sail Your Ship By
Story of My Love

Best ranking: My FC of Thunder Kiss '65

GH2 (45/64 FCs):
Shout at the Devil
Mother
Surrender
Woman
All of tier 2
Monkey Wrench
Tattooed Love Boys
Cherry Pie
Who Was In My Room Last Night?
Girlfriend
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
John the Fisherman
Freya
Last Child
All of tier 6
Madhouse
Laid to Rest
YYZ
Free Bird
Raw Dog
Arterial Black
Collide
Elephant Bones
FTK
Push Push (Lady Lightning)
Laughtrack
Less Talk More Rokk
Mr. Fix It
The New Black
One For the Road
Parasite
Radium Eyes
Red Lottery
Soy Bomb
Thunderhorse
X-Stream
Yes We Can

Best Ranking: Fall of Pangea

GH:80s (21/30 FCs):
All of tier 1
Shakin'
Heat of the Moment
Holy Diver
Turning Japanese
Hold On Loosely
The Warrior
What I Like About You
Synchronicity II
Only A Lad
All of tier 5
Police Truck
Caught in a Mosh

Best ranking: Seventeen (I believe in that run I hit everything except the strumming in the 1st solo).

GH3 (54/70 FCs):
All of the first 6 tiers except Rock You Like a Hurricane and Monsters
Before I Forget
3s and 7s
Knights of Cydonia
Avalancha
In the Belly of a Shark
Can't be Saved
Closer
Generation Rock
Go That Far
Hier Kommt Alex
I'm in the Band
In Love
Mauvais Garcon
Metal Heavy Lady
Minus Celsius
My Curse
Nothing For Me Here*
Prayer of the Refugee
Radio Song
Ruby
She Bangs the Drums

Best ranking: I'm in the Band FC

GH:A (31/41):
All of tiers 1 and 2
Complete Control
Personality Crisis
Livin' on the Edge
Rag Doll
She Sells Sanctuary
King of Rock
Nobody's Fault
Bright Light Fright
Hard to Handle
Always on the Run
Dream On
Cat Scratch Fever
Sex Type Thing
Mama Kin
Toys in the Attic*
Rats in the Cellar
Kings and Queens
Combination
Let the Music Do the Talking
Pink
Talk Talkin'
Pandora's Box

Best ranking: My FC of Talk Talkin' (also happened within the past couple of weeks)

GH:WT (61/86):
Gigs 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 13
Band on the Run
You're Gonna Say Yeah!
Up Around the Bend
Eye of the Tiger
One Way or Another
Do It Again
Heartbreaker
American Woman
Ramblin' Man
Go Your Own Way
Kick Out the Jams
Santeria
On the Road Again (Live)
Love Me Two Times
The Kill
Shiver
Rebel Yell
Are You Gonna Go My Way
Escuela de Calor
The Wind Cries Mary
Toy Boy
Hail to the Freaks
Vinternoll2
Hollywood Nights
Our Truth
Antisocial
Re-Education Through Labor
La Bamba
Love Spreads
Weapon of Choice

Best Ranking: My FC of Love Me Two Times

GH:M (25/49):
All of tiers 1 and 2
Nothing Else Matters
King Nothing
Enter Sandman
No Leaf Clover
The Boys are Back in Town
Stacked Actors
Toxicity
Sad But True
The Memory Remains
Fuel
Demon Cleaner
Stone Cold Crazy
Armed and Ready
Hell Bent for Leather
Blood and Thunder
Beautiful Mourning
Am I Evil?
The Thing That Should Not Be

Best Ranking: Armed and Ready FC

GH:SH (33/48 FCs):
All of tiers 1 and 2
Barracuda
Lay Down
Unsung (Live in Chicago)
Them Bones
Godzilla
Carry On Wayward Son
Thunder Kiss '65
Mother
Back in the Saddle
No One Knows
Monkey Wrench
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Freya
Nothin' but a Good Time
Take it Off
Stop!
Laid to Rest
Beast and the Hartlot
Bark at the Moon

Best Ranking: My Laid to Rest FC

GH:VH (25/47 FCs):
All of tiers 1 through 4 except Atomic Punk
Unchained
All of tier 6
The End of Heartache
Master Exploder
Loss of Control*
Cathedral

Best Ranking: First Date FC

GH5 (74/85 FCs):
all songs of difficulty 1 through 6 except We're an American Band and No One to Depend On (Live)
Deadbolt

Best Ranking: Never Miss a Beat FC

Band Hero (FGFC!!!):
Achieved June 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM

GH:WoR (62/93 FCs):
All songs of difficulty 3
All songs of difficulty 4 except Love Gun
All songs of difficulty 5 except Children of the Grave, Cryin, and There's No Secrets This Year
2112 Overture
2112 Presentation
Aqualung
Bat Country
Been Caught Stealing
Bloodlines
The Feel Good Drag
Ghost
Graduate
Hard to See
Re-Ignition (Live)
Savior
Sharp Dressed Man (Live)
It's Only Another Parasec...

Best Ranking: It's Only Another Parasec... FC

Total guitar FCs: 486

Last edited by ready2rock on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 28 times in total
Buuri  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"not impressive enough"
2 FGFCs. Does not compute.

Seriously, great accomplishments! I personally think vocals are hardest "instrument" and I tip off my hat to everyone who can master his/hers voice. I sure can't =)
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressive enough?!?!

Your FC's certainly are impressive! Awesome job, man! Hopefully making an accomplishments thread will motivate you.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant not impressive enough by Scorehero standards. A couple of years ago when I didn't have half of these accomplishments and FGFCs were being made left and right, I guarantee you that this thread would have been buried to page 2 by tomorrow. Thank you guys though, that's very kind.

@GuitarHeroFan101: Yeah, I was hoping that this would be another motivating factor towards finishing all of these games.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm new to these boards but honestly loving the fact that there are still people out there devoting time to mastering/ playing/enjoying this franchise. Very cool list of FC's. Good luck and stay motivated
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for, well, quite a few updates. Hopefully my next bumping of this thread will be for a FGFC!

@sjay: Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the chance to play, the FGFC will happen today. I can smell it.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now off to finish guitar (just Disposable Heroes and Dyer's Eve left to play). Then to practice verse 3 of Stone Cold Crazy over and over again

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it would happen very soon, Great job, man! Another FGFC added to the list.
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
I knew it would happen very soon, Great job, man! Another FGFC added to the list.

agree with this comment
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent work! always an impressive fgfc to have, going for others soon?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay ghM Awesome ! SCC isn't easy by any means, and Tuesday's gone is just painful to grind. What now ? gh5 ? Or BH
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, congratulations!!!! They really don't get much tougher than Stone Cold Crazy. Congrats on your other vox FGFCs too! You mention having started BH, do you have the other games and intend to go for the full series or just sticking with that for now?

Glad you have an accomplishment thread going after being on scorehero for a long time Can't wait to see the next accomplishment from you, be it another vox FGFC or even other stuff on guitar!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: