ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5: Neversoft nailed the little touches (and the big ones)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
More little touches i noticed. The little meter that shows you your star progress starts out gold when you have an FC and then turns to silver/grey when you blow the FC (whether on the first note or anywhere else in the song).

Correction. You can overstrum and the bar will still be gold. I (purposely) failed All Along the Watchtower and STILL had a gold bar. I will test it further to see it a 100% gives you 5 or 6 stars.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bar only goes silver when you miss a note.

If you overstrum, you will get 5 Gold Stars, rather than 6.
TheDave  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH5 is just fun... no matter what I am doing with it.
I haven't read every post of the thread yet, so sorry if parts of this was already covered... but this is just about my favorite parts anyways...

The career is a blast! I'm still playing a lot of it, mostly over again with more / different instruments just to get the gold/platinum/diamond records.
I LOVE getting 6, 7, 8, or even a few 9 star runs!

The online... what is there bad to say about it?
So many different modes, and the 4 guitar/bass/drum/vocal combinations is just fun!

Although, the setlist is NOT why I keep playing... at all.
It maybe even is my least favorite setlist to date. Thankfully there are imports (some of the gh5 songs are AWESOME though, but a lot are just "meh")

Then probably my favorite 2 parts so far. They aren't really even gameplay related...

The xBox Avatars in the game. Some people despise avatars... I really do not get that at all (y so serious?).
You make a little cartoonish looking person of yourself (or whoever), and then, smack! there they are... playing guitar (or whatever) IN the game!
To me that is just funny/cool all at the same time.
I do wish that you could customize the guitar your avatar is playing with! (did I miss this somewhere?)

Then at the end of every song, you get a quick camera shot / flash with your stats on the screen. It isn't super long, and isn't so fast that you miss it.
I almost like nothing more than to finish an FC of a song, and then have that quick camera shot of my avatar, with the big 100% next to him while he is holding his guitar with one hand, and pumping his fist with his other hand.

It really is the little stuff like that, that makes me like this game even more. Yes. Neversoft did do a great job with the engine, and gameplay tweaks and all of that, but the little new add-ons makes this game way better than just a "great game"!

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
jeremiahsjohnson  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is GH5 the "easiest" engine of all the games? I made it through the CoP (import) solo last night without star power; I don't even think I made it down to the yellow.

I'd never come close to doing that before, on GH3 or SH. Everyone else feeling the love from the GH5 engine?
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremiahsjohnson wrote:
Is GH5 the "easiest" engine of all the games? I made it through the CoP (import) solo last night without star power; I don't even think I made it down to the yellow.

I'd never come close to doing that before, on GH3 or SH. Everyone else feeling the love from the GH5 engine?

It's the hardest since GH2. The reason you do better may be because you got better or calibrated better. Apparently the lag numbers in GH5 doesn't work the same way as the other (I can't use my GH5 settings in GH3).

Edit: And they have fixed the overstrumming you can get while strumming hopos. Now you can strum as much you want in a hopo section without missing.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:

It's the hardest since GH2. The reason you do better may be because you got better or calibrated better. Apparently the lag numbers in GH5 doesn't work the same way as the other (I can't use my GH5 settings in GH3).

Actually, I find to to be the easiest since GH3 :/ HOPOs are the same as GHM/GHSH but the strumming isn't as hard as those two.

Wattershed wrote:

Edit: And they have fixed the overstrumming you can get while strumming hopos. Now you can strum as much you want in a hopo section without missing.

Of course, this is only if you hit the notes. If you miss a note is registers all the strums within the timing window of that note.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: