ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5: Neversoft nailed the little touches (and the big ones)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Mike65707 wrote:
I just noticed this last night as well. I'm interested to see how many total notes I have hit when I go through all difficulties on all instruments.

hmm when i saw this feature my reaction was sort of different and two fold. First i thought: 'i hope this will reset to zero if i change bands, or maybe if i use a HDD profile'. And my second thought was: 'okay how can i get the maximum number of these numbers to display variations of 1337 at the same time'... I dont have a good answer to either question yet.. ;)

Haha Barfo is Scorehero's version of Monk. EVERYTHING MUST BE 1337!
dvo  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT HAD PETER FRAMPTON, DO YOU FEEL LIKE WE DO? (LIVE)! That alone makes it so awesome, I haven't played a not fun song yet, and as much as I love shredding something, there are just some really fun songs on this game. The venues are the best I've ever played on and the challenges are pretty sweet, and put a new twist rather than high scores. So yes I like this game a lot, best yet IMO. And you get VAN HALEN for free?!!? This is a no contest buy, play, love, make love to the play, play some more.. A+++

" You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass, but then no.. its gotta be your bull"
phoenixrage  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like others have said, great base / engine for them to work from, we just need the DLC.

Setlist could've been better, but that can be all forgotten if more DLC comes out on a consistant basis. I still find myself itching to put RB2 in just because of all the songs I have on there.

without reading any other thread yet, any word on the rest of the songs on WT / SH ? or GH:M being exportable?
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the GH5 thread is locked and this looks like the closest thing to its replacement. I don't want to make a whole new thread just to ask this but is it confirmed that we will be able to import GH:M? I remember hearing something about that and I see the import GH:SH option and GH:WT but I don't see one for GH:M on the import offers. Is it coming at a later date or what?

By the way I was MAD impressed with this game. I went into expecting something terrible. I honestly only paid for it to get GH:VH for free. I love this game though. I'll be playing it more and more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Looks like the GH5 thread is locked and this looks like the closest thing to its replacement. I don't want to make a whole new thread just to ask this but is it confirmed that we will be able to import GH:M? I remember hearing something about that and I see the import GH:SH option and GH:WT but I don't see one for GH:M on the import offers. Is it coming at a later date or what?

By the way I was MAD impressed with this game. I went into expecting something terrible. I honestly only paid for it to get GH:VH for free. I love this game though. I'll be playing it more and more.

well, from what i've read after going through a few more threads (some are so long!).. that the technology is there to convert the songs, its just a matter of getting the artists/stuidos to agree on a price.

Honesly, I don't see why anyone would not want their stuff ported over for extra $$$. Its basically free money for them since all their work is done. Most likely its just a matter of how much they want to charge.

But for all the metallica songs on GH:M, i'd be willing to pay up to 1400 ($20) to port it over. (given I paid full price for the game at launch).
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
is it confirmed that we will be able to import GH:M? I remember hearing something about that and I see the import GH:SH option and GH:WT but I don't see one for GH:M on the import offers. Is it coming at a later date or what?

Not as far as I know, but Metallica does have the unique ID code that SH and WT both had on their manuals, so hopefully.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
is it confirmed that we will be able to import GH:M? I remember hearing something about that and I see the import GH:SH option and GH:WT but I don't see one for GH:M on the import offers. Is it coming at a later date or what?

Not as far as I know, but Metallica does have the unique ID code that SH and WT both had on their manuals, so hopefully.
I think someone from NS said that Metallica wants to keep the songs on disc for the Metallica experience, but we might see exports for the other bands (please please PLEASE let Am I Evil? get exported!).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. So I just bought the game and new guitar bundle, and i'm just about ready to rock out with it, except one thing that might have been asked already: where do I find Hyperspeed? Like Adohu said, it would have been best if they had just kept it a cheat. But no, I need help finding it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosfreak07 wrote:
Sweet. So I just bought the game and new guitar bundle, and i'm just about ready to rock out with it, except one thing that might have been asked already: where do I find Hyperspeed? Like Adohu said, it would have been best if they had just kept it a cheat. But no, I need help finding it.

Character lobby screen. Go to options -> Extras.

Once you know where it is, you learn to enjoy it's position there. It takes me 5 seconds to adjust it before playing at most.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought this game...

What a waste of my money.

I can't believe how much the engine sucks. The timing window on the front is about half that it is on the back. Who's idea was that?! It's less noticeable on strum notes, but it's flat-out terrible on hammer-ons. It's way too easy to hit a streak of hammer-ons by playing MUCH slower than you're supposed to or being rhythmically deficient. Strumming is now "fixed" to be practically unmissable. Slider notes still suck majorly, seriously, why is there no off switch yet?

IMO the worst setlist yet. Career mode was boring for the first all of it. I could count the songs I enjoyed on one hand.

What they got right is all stuff I could care less about.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Stormrider2112 wrote:
There's a TON of fun songs IMO. It doesn't need to be mind-bogglingly insane to be fun, but the sheer number of songs I'm just having FUN with is right up there with GHWT and GH2.

The little features make this the best engine game, and hopefully we get more consistent DLC.

I certainly agree. Even with all the bands I didn't know, I don't think I've come across anything that I seriously hated to play like Miss Murder, anything Made in Mexico, or Silversun Pickups.

I certainly don't play Dragonforce every day, but after playing a bunch of songs you can beat every time, though very enjoyable, you like to really get into the challenging stuff and really burn out the fingers.

There is no way you can be comparing Silversun Pickups to the song "Yes We Can."

Anyways, seems like the game got a nice graphic change, looks really nice.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Just bought this game...

I can't believe how much the engine sucks. The timing window on the front is about half that it is on the back. Who's idea was that?! It's less noticeable on strum notes, but it's flat-out terrible on hammer-ons. It's way too easy to hit a streak of hammer-ons by playing MUCH slower than you're supposed to or being rhythmically deficient. Strumming is now "fixed" to be practically unmissable. Slider notes still suck majorly, seriously, why is there no off switch yet?

IMO the worst setlist yet. Career mode was boring for the first all of it. I could count the songs I enjoyed on one hand.

You're joking, right?
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
Just bought this game...

You're joking, right?

I'm not quite sure what leads you to think that I would be joking in that post...

As someone who cares more about the gameplay of a game, and less about fancy graphics, streamlined menus etc... I was really disappointed with this game, especially considering all of the good things I have heard about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Just bought this game...

I'm a decent player, I've beaten my fair share of of intense songs. But how on EARTH are people STILL having problems with slider notes? I don't get how people that play all the time can't hit them, but I can. Maybe you just need to adapt to them? I have had no problems with them after GH:M and there is even LESS room for error now that the rope is gone and it's not as distracting.

If you are having problems with the notes, I'm just going to say it straight up: IT'S YOUR FAULT. I really just think this is another case of "I didn't hit it so I'm blaming the engine."
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
Just bought this game...

I'm a decent player, I've beaten my fair share of of intense songs. But how on EARTH are people STILL having problems with slider notes? I don't get how people that play all the time can't hit them, but I can. Maybe you just need to adapt to them? I have had no problems with them after GH:M and there is even LESS room for error now that the rope is gone and it's not as distracting.

If you are having problems with the notes, I'm just going to say it straight up: IT'S YOUR FAULT. I really just think this is another case of "I didn't hit it so I'm blaming the engine."

It's not that I'm missing them unfairly, but the entire premise of them sucks. If there's one thing this game doesn't need to be, it's easier.

Oh, and in 21st century schizoid man they would put two of the same note in a row, forcing you to strum it or lift your finger and tap again, but the note doesn't look any different. I'm really just sick of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: