ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5: Neversoft nailed the little touches (and the big ones)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunshine  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... this game is polished. I wrote off GH again after I was tired of GHWT after a month or two, but this game is really really nice. The graphics for the guitarist are so smooth and sexy, I love watching my character just strumming because it looks so cool now. Also the little quirks for the different songs when the singer is singing (that laugh at the beginning of Feel Good? creepy!). I dunno this game is just really great.

Drawbacks: An abnormally large chunk of songs are kinda lame, but it's okay. Also the whammy challenges are annoying and not fun. Other than that my only other problem is that I can't get my bandmates from RB2 to buy this game
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:

It's not that I'm missing them unfairly, but the entire premise of them sucks. If there's one thing this game doesn't need to be, it's easier.

Oh, and in 21st century schizoid man they would put two of the same note in a row, forcing you to strum it or lift your finger and tap again, but the note doesn't look any different. I'm really just sick of them.

But it really doesn't make it any easier. If you can't hit the frets, tap the right parts, etc, you aren't going to hit the section. If anything, it just makes it easier for you to get back in if you do miss a note when you are tapping. And honestly, if the real guitarist gets to tap his song, why the hell shouldn't I? They make mistakes, but they don't have to go back and strum just to keep tapping.

If Guitar is getting too easy for you, well, then too bad. You aren't going to have a crazy metalfest fingerhurting song all the time. Might I suggest playing drums, vocals, or even bass? Or play in a band environment. You aren't going to get bent over backwards with insane songs unless they are DLC. That's about it, so either make the best of it and try to have fun (Rather than just nitpicking ever song), or do something else.

Remember. You'll only have as much fun as you allow yourself to have.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
sean2490 wrote:

It's not that I'm missing them unfairly, but the entire premise of them sucks. If there's one thing this game doesn't need to be, it's easier.

Oh, and in 21st century schizoid man they would put two of the same note in a row, forcing you to strum it or lift your finger and tap again, but the note doesn't look any different. I'm really just sick of them.

But it really doesn't make it any easier. If you can't hit the frets, tap the right parts, etc, you aren't going to hit the section. If anything, it just makes it easier for you to get back in if you do miss a note when you are tapping. And honestly, if the real guitarist gets to tap his song, why the hell shouldn't I? They make mistakes, but they don't have to go back and strum just to keep tapping.

If Guitar is getting too easy for you, well, then too bad. You aren't going to have a crazy metalfest fingerhurting song all the time. Might I suggest playing drums, vocals, or even bass? Or play in a band environment. You aren't going to get bent over backwards with insane songs unless they are DLC. That's about it, so either make the best of it and try to have fun (Rather than just nitpicking ever song), or do something else.

You're pretty much right, I'm just sort of disappointed that it is this way...

They could of at least had one challenging song on the disc, that's not too much to ask for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mTsYk6lgA

On Broken Glass X+ by yours truly. holy shit. that is all.
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyatt965 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mTsYk6lgA

On Broken Glass X+ by yours truly. holy shit. that is all.

lol talk about hiding the highway behind bass notes :P
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Hafkie wrote:
sean2490 wrote:

You're pretty much right, I'm just sort of disappointed that it is this way...

They could of at least had one challenging song on the disc, that's not too much to ask for.

I honestly think Scorehero is at a point where a challenging song would need to be chord rape, like TtFaF with chords for every single note.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
I honestly think Scorehero is at a point where a challenging song would need to be chord rape, like TtFaF with chords for every single note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFf0g4M21Rg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Im sorry, but as much as I respect the guys technique...

sometimes people want a sense of melody, not random sweep picking.

Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYqMY1A18Y

anything x+ holy fuck this was amazing run.
Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDkOiIP0wmk

done with everything die for nothing X+ 5 lane as usual.

processing then
REQUEST SONGS ILL DO LIKE 4 MORE
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

His music style is interesting, though. At least he's not throwing up the same neo-classical riffs over and over again (*cough* Malmsteen *cough*)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everything about GH:5 is awesome hands down! My biggest biggest complaint would be the setlist! Im a bass player, and I just can't seem to enjoy probably 90% of the songs. Theres a very few select songs that are actually fun but not really challenging. Now, if activision can take the system the made in gh5 and use that for say a future gh6 but with a more upbeat and fun setlist, its 100% all over for rb. I play guitar too, and really the songs arent to crazy, nor that fun to play.
Anyways, im extremely happy with everything else they have done.
fcedyourmom  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

His music style is interesting, though. At least he's not throwing up the same neo-classical riffs over and over again (*cough* Malmsteen *cough*)
You seriously think Fareri is a better composer than Malmsteen? Malsmsteen may be repetitive, but Fareri's doesn't even sound good the first time.

Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Fareri is fast, but it's like Reign In Blood...sure it's fast, but it sounds like complete shit. 9 minutes of the same damn palm muted sweep...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormrider2112 wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
sean2490 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Fareri is fast, but it's like Reign In Blood...sure it's fast, but it sounds like complete shit. 9 minutes of the same damn palm muted sweep...

Oh hey, look, someone who doesn't know what they're talking about on a message board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: