Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7/4: Starting on RB Drums | GHVH HDFGFC!!|FGFCs/OMBs: 176/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Excel is back up, and everything looks like it carried over nicely. As stated, I will update this Saturday to cover what I missed two weeks ago, as well as covering what I've done both last week and this upcoming week. With luck, I can get a lot of things done this week as well, on both sides.

See you then!

Also, I may or may not try to do a rundown of things once I update. Like, with ranks on the scorehero site and ranks on the wiki and stuff. maybe. Not sure if I want to do that (and if I do, I'd only do the scorehero-based ranks on the GH side only). I think, at the very least, I need to overview what FGFCs I have left and what's possible, and my User Score Stats goals.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoo, boy, here's a doozy of an update. There's a lot to cover, both from last week and the week before my old laptop crapped out, but unfortunately I don't remember a lot of what I did on that particular week, other than The Beatles stuff. But we'll get to that later. For now, let's cover some of the FCs.

GHSH EDrums:
I Love Rock 'n Roll
Killer Queen
Hit me With Your Best Shot
Stellar
Heart-Shaped Box
Lay Down
More Than a Feeling
Cherry Pie
Take me Out
Back in the Saddle
Miss Murder
Take it Off
Electric Eye
Rock and Roll all Nite
Woman
Round & Round
Carry on Wayward Son
Shout at the Devil
Play WIth Me
Nothin' but a Good Time
I Wanna Rock
Them Bone
Mother
Cult of Personality
Godzilla
Thunder Kiss '65
Cowboys From Hell (Live)
Hey You
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Smoke on the Water
Unsung (Live in Chicago)
Monkey Wrench
Freya
Free Bird
Barracuda
Psychobilly Freakout
No one Knows
Stop!
Message in a Bottle
Bark at the Moon
The Trooper
YYZ
Laid to Rest
Beast and the Harlot
Caught in a Mosh
Raining Blood
Through the Fire and Flames (FGFC!)

So, after a drought of over a year, my first FGFC of 2016, and #163. It's an EDrums FGFC, so it's not much to really talk about. I think RaBl is one of the harder EDrums songs simply due to the speed-up during Flood and the quick RYR. It's not something any good/decent drummer should get overly caught up on, but I can easily see that messing up a new drummer who just managed to reach Atlantis.

GHM MVocals:
Whiplash
The Thing That Should not Be
Fight Fire With Fire
No Excuses (FGFC)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY! This was a FGFC that should not have taken as long as it did because the final phrases of FFWF are complete shit. I mean, the generall location is fine; if you listen to the song you can tell what James Hetfield is doing. The problem is that the engine's ability to register such quick changes in octaves is completely terrible. Even if you perfectly match the right pitch, the game will still likely make a jagged switch and cost you precious invisible pie filling that you need because you don't have talkies nor longer notes to get a safety net, and it really makes no sense to me. I spent literally every hour of sunday, Monday, and Tuesday morning that I wasn't at work (or when it wasn't after 9) trying to FC this song, even taking the ending to practice to get it right, and I only got the FC on what feels like a complete fluke. I really, really wish I could adjust the mic sensitivity just to see if that would fix things because if this is how Hard and Expert are going to be, I don't want to deal with that shit again.

Now, No Excuses..that's actually got some legit difficulty insofar as the actual pitch is so damn weird. It's not really a song you can not FC once you get the right pitch, but the hard part is finding it. So yeah, #164.

Band Hero EVox:
I Want you to Want me (Live)
Walking on Sunshine
The Adventure
Angels of the Silences
Beautiful Soul
Fascination
Take a Picture
Don't Speak
Y.M.C.A.
Kung fu Fighting
Like Whoa

Okay, so I was expecting to have a...relatively easy time with things. I say relatively because I knew that Turn of the Light was in there and it might be a problem, but I figured all the rest except that one would still be doable and I could just struggle on that one.

Wow, Turn off the Light tuned out to be a bit different that what I thought. I wasn't (and kinda still am not) ready to try figuring out it all, so I thought (eh, I can skip it, it'll be fine).

...Then Hands Down showed up. And then it started feeling like FFWF all over again. So at that point I just put this down and I'll do it again later. Blech.

GHVH EDrums:
Panama
Runnin With the Devil
Stacy's Mom
White Wedding (Part 1)
Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)
Semi-Charmed Life
The end of Heartache
Rock and Roll is Dead
Double Vision
I Want it All
Safe European Home
Sick, Sick, Sick
Dope Nose
Master Exploder
Pain
Come to Life
Best of You
First Date
The Takedown
Space Truckin'
Painkiller
And the Cradle Will Rock...
Intruder / (Oh) Pretty Woman
Hear About it Later
Little Guitars
Jamie's Cryin'
Feel Your Love Tonight
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Everybody Wants Some
Dance the Night Away
Atomic Punk
Eruption
You Really got Me
Unchained
Ice Cream Man
Jump
Somebody get me a Doctor
So This is Love?
Beautiful Girls
Mean Street
Hang 'em High
I'm the One
Loss of Control
Hot for Teacher (FGFC)

And that's FGFC #165. It's also my first OMBFGFC in a good while, but I really don't remember what my number is on that. I think it's about 13. Anyways, not much else to say other than that it should've been done a lot quicker that it was.

TBRB XDrums:
Getting Better
Do you Want to Know a Secret
I am the Walrus
Within you Without you / Tomorrow Never Knows

I didn't complete the game entirely, but that's fine. I don't really expect a FGFC anytime soon, but those rolls feel weird.

LRB XDrums:
Song 2

The only one I got, so not much else to say. I'm not gonna do Aliens Exist because it's too hard, nor Short and Sweet because it's too long. But I've done practically all else (Except Rooftops, but...)

That's it as far as FC updates go. THere are a good number of EDrums FCs on RBN, but those're on the RB2 version, and as I said I'm not counting those to make tallying FCs easier on myself since I'm gonna duplicate them on RBN (RB3) anyways.

Unique Rank-ups:
All: 1.9 billion points!
PS3: +1 to 11th over ricecake
Easy: +1 to 4th over arvain
Expert: +1 to 38th over Hicchan
Bass: -1 to 4th by sjay
Drums: +~45 to 101st
Guitar Hero 3: +24 to 220th
Metallica: +2 to 3rd over philansemo and UndeadFil13QC
Smash Hits: +1 to 8th over UndeadFil13QC
Van Halen: 1 to 4th over Kris35710
Rock Band 2: +1 to 181st over eddaket
TBRB: +2 to st over Arvain and dramacomic!
LRB: +1 to 3rd over djpatch28
RBN (RB2): +~200-300 to 59th!

So, two biggest updates here: I'm 1st on The Beatles: Rock Band scores, so whoop whoop to that; and I've finally crested 1.9 billion points. The former is something I've had my eye on but never got to since there was other stuff in the way until 2 weeks ago. The latter has been a good while in coming, and it just means I'm that much closer to cresting 2 billion. That likely won't come for a good while, so I'd peg that for nearer to the end of the year, if not one of the first things I get in 2017.

The other notable thing here is that sjay passed me on the bass boards, which I figured was coming. I won't be right up to try and challenge him since drums and vocals are in front of it, but rest assured I'll be coming in hot soon enough!

(Another thing I noticed is that sjay is 1st on WoR, holy shit, man.)

That's about it for this update. Here's hoping my new laptop won't shit out on me within a year.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
sjay  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great update and it pretty much sums up what I'm like when given some free time ( 35 H bass FC's already today )
Congrats on the E drums FC and my god yeah 1st on GHWoR and with so much still left to achieve on that game.
Oh and thanks for the advice last week. It's calmed me down a bit and made me look after each song a bit better, rather than just crashing through. I'm still not bothered by rankings of songs, but Im taking time to get the FC rather than excepting 99% and moving on.
Finally, I have ....

1.9 billion score envy! . Superb stuff \m/
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell. That's a lot of stuff. Great work!

The only other FGFCs I have besides Guitar and Bass are on Metallica. The Medium vocals can be soooo annoying. For me the hart songs were Am I Evil and I think FFWF.

Do you have the GH:M medium drums FC? That's a tough one, but given your skill level I think it's doable.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100+ FC week. not bad at all !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjay: You think 1.9 billion point envy is bad? Wait 'til you get 2 billion point evny!

Skinny: Well, yeah, I could get it, but Medium has, like, 40 million points between myself and...Kris, I think. Though it's the 2nd-lowest after Expert, that won't be happening until Expert needs more points than Medium.

Besides, I highly doubt any Drums song below medium is going to pose a problem. I actually think the only difficult songs for me are Vocals on the GH engines because they're kinda hard to get right and some of the songs for them are pretty damn tight (FFWF, Semi-Charmed Life, Turn off the Light, for a couple). not counting pro instruments as that's a completely different category, IMO.

Cabanon: weeks, really. But thanks!

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some trimming of the OP, mainly just to remove the oldest entries. I will probably remove the May 2nd, 2013 entry and replace it with something else at some point, but I don't know what.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranking updates:
Drums: +1 to 100th
GH3: +3 to 217th over Blackstang98, paranoide and stubbs99.
RB2: +1 to 180th over Edify
RBN (RB2): +3 to 56=7th over JRyder, Acezero-12078 and TendedErmine

Rather low-key week this time, mainly because I was trying to catch up on all the YT videos I had missed due to my previous laptop crapping out. I finally caught up yesterday, so provided my internet doesn't force me to miss more than necessary, I can do more that I did this week.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BH EVox FCs:
Picture to Burn
You Belong With Me
Rio
Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
Kids
Back Again
Just a Girl
Lifeline
Naive
Hands Down
Gasoline
You had Me

That puts me at 62/65. Once I get The Impression That I Get (Hah), I'll just have American Pie (which I'll finish last) and...Turn off the Light. I have no idea how to go about FCing this, as haven't figured out its pitches. This...hopefully won't take as long as Fight Fire With Fire did, but that just means I really don't want to face it on Expert like Undead did (holyshitamazinggoodjob on that, btw).

Hands Down, btw, was a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Got The Impression That I Get. I have about 200k left on BH to mark down, so I'll get that done on Expert. Then it's off to other stuff. I won't have to touch this again for awhile, so whee.

sjay  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
BH EVox FCs:
Picture to Burn
You Belong With Me
Rio
Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
Kids
Back Again
Just a Girl
Lifeline
Naive
Hands Down
Gasoline
You had Me

That puts me at 62/65. Once I get The Impression That I Get (Hah), I'll just have American Pie (which I'll finish last) and...Turn off the Light. I have no idea how to go about FCing this, as haven't figured out its pitches. This...hopefully won't take as long as Fight Fire With Fire did, but that just means I really don't want to face it on Expert like Undead did (holyshitamazinggoodjob on that, btw).

Hands Down, btw, was a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Got The Impression That I Get. I have about 200k left on BH to mark down, so I'll get that done on Expert. Then it's off to other stuff. I won't have to touch this again for awhile, so whee.

Well done mate. Every song is an achievement. I can't even contemplate the idea of doing vox, so my full respect is given to you good sir. \m/
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frickin' good job! and I agree sjay, I'm horrible at vox, especially on gh5/bh O_o
sjay  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
frickin' good job! and I agree sjay, I'm horrible at vox, especially on gh5/bh O_o

BH,GH,RB I cringe e at the very thought of a vox FGFC. Testament to the strength of the man. Void does shit most can't
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

If you did want to, though, I suggest RB over GH. Lot more forgiving engine, I think.

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, the engine I like the most is the one for Green Day and Beatles, RB3 felt different for some reason, and RB2's engine is alright too. The engine I like the most in Guitar Hero is probably Warriors of Rock, it feels a bit looser (atleast on wii, not sure about other consoles). I've also had success on the WT engine, but lower difficulties only pretty much.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank-ups:
Drums: +8 to 93rd
Vocals: +1 to 18th over Kingyami3
Smash Hits: +1 to 7th over BloodyFistHole
Van Halen: +1 to 3rd over philansemo
Band Hero: +1 to 7th over UndeadFil13QC
RBN (RB2): +1 to 57th over mynameisomar199
GH3: +2 to 215th over boblacolle and JMimidas
RB2: +1 to 179th over Npeaen

Got quite a bit done this week, compared to how little I did before. Van Halen, Smash Hits, and Band Hero are slowly but surely reaching their final breakpoints where I'll have to sit down and play them consistently for a bit instead of off and on. Mainly on XDrums, though I certainly won't get enough points to really pass anyone at the higher levels.

Expert still has about 60 million more points before I get to a spread that puts it higher than Medium or Hard, so I'll have to struggle on some more. But, games like Gh5, RB3 and WoR are also going to be in the mix sometime soon, so I'll at least have a slight bit of variety now that SH, GHM, and VH have hit the 10 mil backburner. In fact, the offerings are low enough that RBN (RB3) and GH5 are going to be my next big picks, at ~4 mil and 6 mil, respectively. I may not completely go through GH5 in the end, but we're getting to the high numbers.

Now, if only I could find some pro instruments...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 35 of 63

Jump to: