ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Medicate challenge impossible to Diamond?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Medicate challenge impossible to Diamond? Reply with quote

For the challenge, I can't diamond this at all. Even if I waste no SP, activate in places that are seemingly decent for points, and keep all at an 8x combo, I can't get 50,000 under SP. Any paths that could help?

EDIT: After more attempts to path, I'm thoroughly convinced this challenge is impossible. My best is still about 15,000 points away from 50k - that's on Expert difficulty, with hitting all SP phrases with about 99.9% of the bar full, activating in sensible places, sustaining an 8x combo throughout every single SP usage, and ending the song with no SP left. I honestly don't see how this can be possible.

Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even gotten to this song on career yet. If I do get it unlocked tomorrow I'll take a peek at it for you.
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I haven't even gotten to this song on career yet. If I do get it unlocked tomorrow I'll take a peek at it for you.

Alright, I think it's in the Cairo Bazaar venue, but I might be wrong. I'd greatly appreciate if some others could look at it and figure it out. I certainly hope there's no non-diamondable challenge.

Raikri999  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceefudgesickle wrote:
Icemage wrote:

Alright, I think it's in the Cairo Bazaar venue, but I might be wrong. I'd greatly appreciate if some others could look at it and figure it out. I certainly hope there's no non-diamondable challenge.
I really hope it is since Memesis was blabing about getting 909(number?) stars and I assumed that it was all challenges on Diamond. I'll definetly check this one out as well.
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not sure if this would work...but I know you can still do the challenge if you're in a normal band(not sure about mixed instruments) if that's the case maybe it'd work if you used unison SP to give you more points?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
iceefudgesickle wrote:
Icemage wrote:

I really hope it is since Memesis was blabing about getting 909(number?) stars and I assumed that it was all challenges on Diamond. I'll definetly check this one out as well.

I actually have 809 stars, and I'm only missing the vocals and band challenges, and 3 stars from 2 different drum challenges. I don't believe there's as many as 909 stars.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
iceefudgesickle wrote:
Icemage wrote:

I actually have 809 stars, and I'm only missing the vocals and band challenges, and 3 stars from 2 different drum challenges. I don't believe there's as many as 909 stars.

Remember, you get an additional star for every FC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
Well I'm not sure if this would work...but I know you can still do the challenge if you're in a normal band(not sure about mixed instruments) if that's the case maybe it'd work if you used unison SP to give you more points?

Actually, that's a good idea. Isn't it true that SP overflows into your band mates meters once yours is full when you play multiplayer? If so, I'd be glad to play with someone and try this out. I know that if one person gets the Diamond in a group, all the other people playing with that person get the Diamond as well, so anyone interested would have something in it for them. We would just go through the song and only one person (probably me because I know the song front and back now) would activate, the rest would just have the SP go to that one guy.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
iceefudgesickle wrote:
Icemage wrote:

Remember, you get an additional star for every FC.

he FGFCed the game on Guitar, so the 6 stars thing is a common to him...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'd be happy to help anyone...but I'm on wii so I probably can't...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

Also, for every "pick one song" challenge on vox/drums/band I played Song 2 on Guitar to get the basic 6 stars, so the max is not above 900. I remember Memesis talking about a guy who had 808 stars, but it's clearly not the max possible.

werelord wrote:

Why wouldn't you? The fact that you're playing on Wii doesn't really make a difference. You can still play the song, and it's the same chart...

@ OP: I heard the scoring system is different on PS2. What console are you playing on?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
robster  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

@ OP: I heard the scoring system is different on PS2. What console are you playing on?

It doesn't matter, PS2 doesn't have challenges.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="UndeadFil13QC"]
Cabanon wrote:

Also, for every "pick one song" challenge on vox/drums/band I played Song 2 on Guitar to get the basic 6 stars, so the max is not above 900. I remember Memesis talking about a guy who had 808 stars, but it's clearly not the max possible.

/quote]

Well it's completely possible to get 9 stars in every gig. There are 85 songs in GH5 and I think there are 16 or so pick a song challenges. So if you get 9 stars on each song and challenge thing than shouldn't it be completely possible to get 909 stars?
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

werelord wrote:

Why wouldn't you? The fact that you're playing on Wii doesn't really make a difference. You can still play the song, and it's the same chart...

I'm just saying because most people here are on 360/PS3 I didn't think I could help anyone. And to stop the arguing 909stars is the max.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MattTBK"]
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

/quote]

Well it's completely possible to get 9 stars in every gig. There are 85 songs in GH5 and I think there are 16 or so pick a song challenges. So if you get 9 stars on each song and challenge thing than shouldn't it be completely possible to get 909 stars?

you're kind of right. it all makes sens.

85 + 16 = 101
101 X 9 = 909 stars.

so yes 909 stars is possible after all...

Last edited by Cabanon on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: