ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
9/17 DLC - AFI Track Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: 9/17 DLC - AFI Track Pack Reply with quote

The following songs are now up for score-tracking:
  • Beautiful Thieves by AFI
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Girl's Not Grey by AFI
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• The Missing Frame by AFI
The 3-pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network, and Wii™ Shop Channel.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
xGPGxNoTomorrow  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, girls not grey is my favorite AFI song
spxrq  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... Cannot wait for some videos so I can see how the charts are...
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1SG_wDXvY - The Missing Frame (+vox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxG9AVx0_g - Beautiful Thieves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up3BdDGWIYo - Girl's Not Grey
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm....
seems like Harmonix and Activision keep sharing songs.
>:[
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
alxw1711  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylerinman wrote:
hmm....

I think its just Harmonix sharing their songs cause I have yet to see Activision share any of their music to Harmonix. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alxw1711 wrote:
skylerinman wrote:
hmm....

I think its just Harmonix sharing their songs cause I have yet to see Activision share any of their music to Harmonix. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sex On Fire, Ruby Soho, Prayer of the Refugee, Re-Education (Through Labor), The Rock Show, My Name Is Jonas, I'm Shipping Up To Boston, I Predict A Riot, Rebel Yell, All My Life, Runnin' Down a Dream, Kryptonite & Miss Murder say hi. And that's JUST the ones that have come out since GH5's setlist was announced.

Inside Out was also rumored to be in GH5, and was put on RB.

Plus, AFI, Elton John, Iggy Pop, Korn, Nirvana and Pantera are all coming soon, and you can bet that'll be stuffed with repeats.

...In other news, Missing Frame is cool.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Guitarmonade  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I don't know why it has to be said in every topic, but can the fanboys cut it out? Besides, I assume there is no technical "sharing" of music. I'm sure there's a process for each company to acquire the rights to the music and how they license it. Not saying there isn't a competitive nature between the companies, or that everything is coincidence, but once the song is on the game, it doesn't mean, for example, "Ohhh, GH has dibs on AFI!!! Lol, no AFI for Rock Band!" (Although there may be exceptions, as I feel there's a reason RB has no classic GnR after Slash worked with GH3.)

And with RB planning on reaching 1000 songs by the end of the year, what is the big deal with songs crossing games? Shouldn't that be expected? If one company puts "Girls Not Grey" on their game, if they other company finds it to be a good/popular song (a.k.a. good investment), they realize that it is feasible to get the rights, therefore, they follow suit. And, if we keep using AFI as an example, doesn't it only make sense for "Miss Murder" and "Girls Not Grey" to be found in multiple formats in the rhythm game genre? They are AFI's (arguably) most popular songs, right? Same thing with "Runnin' Down a Dream" by Tom Petty. Perhaps Harmonix responded to GH5 by releasing it as DLC before the GH5 disc was released. So what, they're businesses, they have to compete, they have to make money. It's a classic song, why can't it be on both games?

Remember that not everyone cares to play both games, nor do they have the money to support the interest if they wanted to. I would love to buy every RB AND GH game that comes out, all the new peripherals, and every song for DLC. But it's not going to happen. And honestly, I've chosen to restrict myself to Rock Band. So I'm glad when they get a song that I like that GH released, but I certainly don't pout when GH gets a song RB had.

Sorry for the TL;DR post, I can understand if your eyes are bleeding. I don't post here a lot, but I get tired of seeing passion trump logic sometimes. And I don't post this as a malicious statement to anyone, this is in general over pretty much any topic i read regarding cross-game DLC. Anyone feel the same way?
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuuh guys

The AFI pack isn't up on the Wii.. Instead, the YYY/Faint/Editors pack is! Downloading now.. here's a pic

Crappy cell phone vid soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, the crappy vid won't upload. Crappy for more reasons than one, I guess..

But on the plus side, I just FC'ed the whole pack, so that makes me the first to do that, I believe I feel accomplished :p

They're all easy as crap, though The Geeks Were Right has a tricky little slide section that comes out of nowhere. Munich has some semi-fast strumming. Nothing too special about Dull Life, but it's a pretty cool song :p

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar

Last edited by TerminX13 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholehearted agreement with what Guitarmonade said. It's not like these companies are picking teams for kickball or something - "OK, I get this one, and you get that one, and no sharesies." They're both profit-seeking entities, independently trying to license as many songs as they can that they think will be popular and profitable extensions to their franchises; it's actively expected that they'd end up both licensing the same sorts of tracks - doubly so once you take inter-company gamesmanship into account. Not so much on ScoreHero, but there are plenty of folks out there who only have one rhythm game of choice and are blissfully indifferent about what songs do or do not exist for other rhythm games. Why shouldn't those people have awesome songs available elsewhere available to them as well?

Anyway, on topic: I'm not a screaming AFI fan or anything, but I liked "Girl's Not Grey" well enough in RB2 from both "good to listen to" and "pretty fun to play" standpoints; I'm glad that folks exclusively on the GH side of the divide have it available to 'em now.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Glock  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably pick up Girl's Not Grey just because its a sweet song. Good pack overall too though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point made by Guitar and Youhas. Not to add fire to the flame but do these peoples not realize these songs are selected, agreed upon, licensed, acquired and charted long before "we" (inc. Activision and/or Harmonix) know anything about them being released.

I just dont see how people cant see that just because song "X" was announced a week before game "Y" was to release, that already has song "X", doesnt mean that company "T" ran and obtained that song and had it all ready a week or 2 before the game was coming out.

Edit: Not to mention said companys did used to be one entity and likey had the same ties and taste.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell yes, cant wait to play this pack ! its gonna be fun. girl's not grey is awesome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice surprise to get Editors - Munich a week early.

I posted a video of the Expert chart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYT1G8Yais

I'm told that only Wii had this "mistake" of getting next week's DLC, this week. After realizing their mistake, they added the AFI track pack to the Wii Music Store as well.

So this week is one of the only weeks we can feel like Rock Band

Guitar Hero Instrument Photo Repair Guides (Guitar/Drum) - Fix your broken GHWT strumbar (doublestrum), drum kit insensitive red pad, collapsing drum stand legs with my how-to guides.

I play GH3, GHWT, GHM, GH5 on Wii, and GHOT/GHOT:D on DS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 0597910363246474
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Wii have 2 track pack this week and nothing next week ? or is the Geek pack been removed ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: