ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3 pc controller problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewmaster25  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 3 pc controller problems Reply with quote

I installed guitar hero 3 for pc on my macbook via bootcamp. I didn't get it for my mac side because I want to install custom songs on it, and while I know you can put custom songs on the mac version, it didn't seem like it was worth the extra hassle. Everything installed fine at first, but then when I tried to start up the game, I got an error that the integrated video card I have in my macbook was not supported by the game. I installed the latest patch (1.31) and the game still gave me the same error notice, so I started looking for other solutions. I came across this thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44851 and I followed the instructions. I used the same settings that were specified in the post, and the game started up. However, the game only works when using a mouse and keyboard. Whenever I have a guitar controller plugged into the computer, the controller works perfectly in the menus, but once I start up a song, both the green and blue frets are held down, I can't strum, and pressing the orange fret causes another fret to be pressed (I think it's the red one). I know that my guitar is not the problem because I have tried 2 guitars (one was my xplorer controller from my xbox 360, and the other was my rock band controller again from my 360) and they both give me the same issue. Because I have never gotten the game to boot up without using the application to bypass my video card settings, I have no idea whether the problem lies with my computer, or the video card application, or something else entirely. Any help in fixing this problem is greatly appreciated.
charliehorse55  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait you installed the 360 drivers for the mac or the pc right?

Cause if you did, you need to delete them.

Also, this belongs in the software forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have the xbox 360 controller drivers installed, and I uninstalled them by plugging in my guitar and uninstalling from device manager, but I still get the same result: guitar works in menus, but gets messed up while playing a song. Btw, sorry this wasn't in the correct section, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to forums. Is there anyway I can change the section that this is in?
charliehorse55  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change a section, PM a mod. I don't really think this thread requires it.

Make sure to read this : New to Scorehero? Read Here

And the Rules Here

The problem probably lies with the fact that the usb interface for the PC has been incorrectly installed.

I would recommend just installing it on the mac side. You can still have custom songs, and without hassle. Just select the Mac's data folder on Max's Guitar hero 3 Control Panel, Found Here

Thank you, and welcome to Scorehero!

--Evan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charliehorse55,
Thank you for your warm welcome and I will be sure to read those posts you suggested. I figured out what the problem was though, so I'll share my solution for anyone else who stumbles across this thread:
Every time that I had one of my guitars plugged into a usb port, my WD Passport external hard drive was also in the other usb port. I don't know if this is a problem that lies specifically with my kind of external hard drive, or if all external hard drives will mess up the guitar in this situation, but if anyone is having trouble getting their guitar to work, I would recommend unplugging all other usb devices and trying again.
I think I may try installing gh3 on my mac partition regardless of the fact that the guitar now works because the game is running like absolute crap, and there have been patches made for the mac version that make it run better on the macbook apparently.
EmiliaWillow  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: game Reply with quote

I'd recommend trying joy2key https://gamesecrxguide.com/, it will automatically detect the controller and light up the section when you press a key, then you double click the lit up section and bind it to a keyboard press (for example, if you press green, it will press 1), then you just set everything to what your PC controls are and baddabam baddaboom you're in business!
evawillms  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still have custom songs, and without hassle. Just select the Mac's data folder on Max's Guitar hero 3 Control Panel. Run 3
alishakihn  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Neighbor
Thank you for your warm welcome and I will be sure to read those posts you suggested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: