ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Expert Drums FC Breakdown *WIP*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think In My Place and All Along the Watchtower could trade places. In My Place was an easy sightread FC and AATW has 3 double kicks in a row that are a pain in the ass.

Mirror People could move up, a very simple pattern throughout with only a couple of easy rolls.

You Give Love a Bad Name could move up a few too. I know the outro is very WTF-worthy, but it's not Wanted Dead or Alive Part 2 where you actually have to go into practice mode or look at a chart to understand it. You probably wouldn't hit it on a sightread, but you could within 4-5 tries.

Gratitude could move down a few. It's certainly harder than Lonely is the Night which is mostly slow and easy and you could one-hand all those yellows after the first verse. The fast part isn't that bad either.

I am trying to remember if Never Miss a Beat has anything tricky outside of just having lots of blues and bass. Maybe not.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck Sympathy for the Devil, it may seem like it should be the easiest song to FC but it really isn't. I've played it a few times and still haven't FC'd it, whereas much much much harder songs I've gotten with less trys.

I say it should be moved harder, because it requires a certain kind of focus which most other songs don't have. You can't auto-pilot any part of it like you can anything else. It's a constant switch of (sometimes inaudible) percussion patterns for over 6 minutes. Compare it with 29 Fingers a song with only 2 pads, which has harder parts but the main portion is easy to play without looking and is for most part simple structured, easy to follow. SftD doesn't have this, so it's 6 minutes of enduring staring intently.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I felt about Sympathy for the Devil, a few more opinions would be good, but I am leaning towards ranking it harder.

I left AATW above WIG since I remember that one having more of the same sort of sections as AATW, it's also sort of swung too iirc.

I gave in and entered numbers for everything, hoping it will help when people suggest changes.

Many thanks for the help with the list so far!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:

I left AATW above WIG since I remember that one having more of the same sort of sections as AATW, it's also sort of swung too iirc.

I had to look up what those were :\

I remember a sightread FC of All Along The Watchtower, but there's no swing in that one, if you were talking about AATW having swing beat. What I Got does, but I'd say it's easier than AATW even though I didn't sightread FC it. Looking at the chart of AATW, it has some rolls and some fancier footwork that WIG.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mean WIG was swung. I'll switch the 2 back, WIG being easier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst #:
85 - Scatterbrain
So off beat just the entire time, which wouldn't be bad if the tempo wasn't so absurdly fast. Pending really hard broken notes in the 4 I have left, this one will be the hardest one for me.

84 - 21st Century Schizoid Man
I didn't really notice there being any broken notes on my sightread of this, but with how crazy it gets in the middle of the song I definitely could be mistaken. This is just gonna take tons of time in practice get the rhythm down by heart.

83/82 - Done With Everything Die for Nothing / Spirt of the Radio
I have only played Spirit of the Radio about 4 times, so I don't have a firm grasp of how broken it might me. I will say that on DWEDfN it helps to NOT look at the strike line. If I play it by ear I do just fine. I may cover the bottom third or fourth of my screen with a towel just so I don't look at it.

81 - Brianstorm
Granted, once you get the pattern down it's not bad. But there are a ton of crossovers in this song.

80 - Woman from Tokyo
Long with several moderately hard parts and plenty of places to choke.

79/78 - Demons / Sweating Bullets
I found an easy way to handle the broken notes in Demons. Just play the bass notes on the off 16ths instead of the triplets during the verse (or whatever section it is with all the broken notes. It's going to be hard to find consensus on Sweating Bullets. You can either hit that roll, or you can't; you either have the chops, or you don't. So it's either not that hard at all or damn near impossible. I also found that avoiding misses on the broken notes in this song was easy.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit of Radio took less than five minutes to get consistent at everything that's not broken; I rank WFT99, Briantstorm, Demon(s), much harder than it.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a few changes based on feedback.

The only double bass sections in 21st Century Schizoid Man are during the slower sections at the beginning and end. I'm pretty sure there aren't any during the faster middle portion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen this in a while. I think Blue Day should be moved to at least #80. Sulfurus knows why I'm smiling

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
Haven't seen this in a while. I think Blue Day should be moved to at least #80. Sulfurus knows why I'm smiling

Son of a bitch!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting should be moved lower; sure, it's long, but there aren't really any incredibly hard fills and just a ton of fairly simple ones that aren't too bad. LA should be moved up a bit; the notes you have to hit are easy enough, but the rhythm's pretty unconventional and tricky to get a hold of. And with the fast songs, I would put Disconnected above either The Rock Show or Ring of Fire; it's the same speed as Ring of Fire, I think, and it has lots of quick BB Y fills and little space to rest.

Edit: oh, and I would move Sultans of Swing down at least 10 places. There's the crazy hi-hat snare fill, but other than that, nothing except its length stands in the way of an FC; all the other fills are slow and simple. One Big Holiday seems a bit too high too, but that could be me.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. Made some adjustments based on your comments, in tandum with checking how many FC scores were posted. Feel free to add more.

Saturday Night - Ranked easier a bit, think anything below it is harder?

LA - Not seeing what you mean. The song is ever-so slow, very easy.

Disconnected - Ranked it harder.

Rock Show - Ranked quite a bit easier. Surprising how many FC scores are in, compared to other songs.

Ring of Fire is a pain in the sack to FC.

Sultans of Swing - Adjusted slightly but the song is long and the hard fill is at the end.

One Big Holiday - Song is a tough FC. Long, kinda fast and has tricky hi-hat business. Also slows down right at the end, awkwardly. There are only 2 FC scores posted for this song.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this so, I guess I'll throw my opinion on some of the easier songs.

Cigarette, Wedding Bands: I'd move this below Du Hast and Feel Good Inc. There's absolutely nothing hard in the song and it's very slow, even though DH and FGI are very simple, the speed, although not fast, is fast enough that it could screw someone up more then anything in CWB. I'd even consider moving it to number 4. Unless I'm forgetting something about it, I don't think I am.

Plug In Baby: Definitely to high. I'd put it between WIG and AAtW, because PIB is very straightforward except for that one little fill that repeats a few times, forget what it actually is, I think its RBG bass, but play it once and you'll know what I'm talking about. But that one fill isn't as hard as those double kicks in AAtW.

Dancing With Myself: Should be moved up quite a bit, it's pretty fast, and for long time it can get tiring. I would move it up, probably above Blue Day. Personally I'd have it even higher but other people might be have better endurance then me.

A-Punk: I think this is another underrated song. It's fairly quick and if you suck at using you're left hand to go with the bass then in between bass hits it can be tricky especially at those speeds. I'd put it above Blue Day and behind DWM.

You Give Love a Bad Name: The ending is pretty overrated, plus it's the only combo breaker in a relatively slow song. I'd move it above Blue Day but below A-Punk.

Wolf Like Me: Maybe I just suck at this song, but I think it's to low. I'd stick it above Sex on Fire, those bass hits are annoying because they constantly change, and add in some snare hits it can be quite difficult to combo through especially at those speeds. Definitely harder then the SoF rolls which really just need to start with the left hand.

SNA(FF):I'll be damned if I spell that out fully. It's not really hard at all I'd personally move it below SaLLT, but apparently people can hit those rolls easier then I can. I'd stick it above SoF just because it's so long, and near the end it does mix it up a little. I just can't see it any higher then that.

Under Pressure: Another song to high, I'd put it above SNA(FF), haven't played Ex-Girlfriend and NLY so I don't kno if it's harder then those, but I'd definitely move it below BtN.

We're an American Band: Another song that's overrated, or maybe I can just stick a snare or to with bass hits below it. Definitely harder then UP but I found BtN way harder then it, and I don't see BtN much harder then it is already.

Also I'd switch Why Bother and SoF. I find the roll in WB way harder then SoF, but maybe most others don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mofo. Change things up based on what you said.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Day should be ranked easier. The outro I get most every time, I just falter on little things during the main portion of the song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: