ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Under Pressure Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themoron112  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Under Pressure Help? Reply with quote

3.5 hours after starting, I end up getting a 114282. I am soo close to getting the 115k its not even funny, but I need help on a path. Can someone either give me the best path for the song or the best path that covers mostly long phrases (in otherwords, no free styling stuff)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to assume you can't FC the song, as even weak FC with terrible path (like my first FC caught on video here) will score comfortably more than 115K.

Having gone back and looked at the song again, try not activating until the WHYYYYYYY and activating at the end. That one phrase is ridiculously long and is worth something like 11000 points all by itself - go into SP for it to get 11K extra - and it has a ton of singing phrases behind it.

You'll eat one extra SP phrase, but I'm pretty sure that one phrase more than makes up for the lost SP.
themoron112  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found the best path...

Is it 2/sk1 (Activate earlier than usual so you don't pick up)
3/sk4
2/?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your best bet would just be to FC it. Even without the optimal path and several misses I still managed 126k. I do know the optimal path but I'll have to wait til later to post it.

Edit: this was second attempt, FC'd on 3rd attempt and had path by 4th.
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
I think your best bet would just be to FC it.

Obviously. That's all. Why didn't you think to FC it before?

But seriously, remember to try to concentrate on hitting every possible tick on phrases under SP, as those points gathered will really add up.

Also, make a mental note of which phrases you can consistently build a streak on. It may be better to just activate there, rather than on some phrases that may give more points if they're hit perfectly but that you can't always nail.

But yeah, definitely try to activate at the very ends of the longer phrases where possible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the necro, but I also realized that you can get diamond on this song without an FC, AND BY A LONG MARGIN.

IIRC, I got it with 98%, 124k. That was the run before I grinded for an FC, which I fortunately got. I had an activation on the harder part, and 3 phrases for that high note.

But, there's also something important, that is keep the multiplier before that phrase. Might use some training from "Turned away, from it all, like a blind man" to "Why, why?" to be consistent there and keep combo so you can get a really big scoring toward the end.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: