ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
the real lefty flip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
porkchop  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: the real lefty flip Reply with quote

i had to sg controllers and then got myself a wireless. this left me with 1 extra wired guitar and one left handed friend. i opened the back and moved the 2 strap buttons using a dremel tool with a side cutter. the one at the front of the guitar went to the bottom, and i moved the back one just under the patch cord so its a little more comfortable. the hard part was the wammy bar. i didnt want to cut the mounts that existed already so i made my own out of 2 cut pieces of wood, sanded them down to fit the contours of the body and then drilled right through the body of the guitar to mount them inside (after figuring out where i wanted it and some measuring.. Using the dremel cut a hole in body the size of the one that i removed it from. then i dropped the whole whammy assembly into the new mounts. put the 2 halves of the guitar back together a small sticker over the hole where the whammy bar was and a little red paint on the 4 screws to blend them in a bit. the whole thing took me about 3 hours to do with all the deciding how to make the mounts, and in turn i have a perfectly working comfortable left handed guitar.
of course i was so proud to show my buddy (who was left handed) he tried it and said "its ok i guess but i like the whammy bar on the top"
its a kick in the junk but i still have a true custom left handed guitar.

http://a974.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/m_eecf8361c07d14c712d9897dbe0ef3ed.jpg
http://a716.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/m_7035cd8611e5f2f8b65146d3fcac172b.jpg
i hope these links work[/img]
porkchop  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://a974.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_eecf8361c07d14c712d9897dbe0ef3ed.jpg
http://a716.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_7035cd8611e5f2f8b65146d3fcac172b.jpg
i think these are a little bigger
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that is awesome! I've wanted to do something like that, but didn't know how to go about moving the whammy bar unit. All I've done is painted mine, added solo buttons, and flipped the nub for the strap to the other side of the guitar. Great job man.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
ZServ  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is brilliant- ive actually been considering doing this. to fill the gap however, why didnt you just measure the space the whammy bar takes, cut it out of the other side, and when you switched sides, melt it back on? :p
porkchop  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could have done that but then i would have had the thickness of the bit i used tocut it to fill, and if i do want to put it back right handed it would take under 5 minutes removing the back of the guitar would take the longest. a sticker is the fastest cleanest way i could think of
Cliff  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: the real lefty flip Reply with quote

porkchop wrote:
of course i was so proud to show my buddy (who was left handed) he tried it and said "its ok i guess but i like the whammy bar on the top"

its a kick in the junk but i still have a true custom left handed guitar.

Ouch. At least you have an amazing lefty guitar. Nice job, porkchop (always wanted to say that...)
juniormint84  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to do this for awhile since I play left handed but I'm afraid I'll mess something up and it won't work anymore and I don't have money to buy a new guitar.

OEP  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no dremel skillz. I would seriously PAY for someone to make me a true custom left-handed gee-tar!
Cactus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious if anyones ever attempted this with a 360 xplorer. With the launch of GH3 I have 2 xplorers and a wireless les paul, and a left handed roomate who can't compete in scores with me because he struggles with whammying notes for extra SP.

I plan on taking it apart to atleast have a look, but wanted to hear of any success (or horror stories) of doing this ;).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Cactass
LordZodiac  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't work with the xplorer because it's not a symmetrical shape. Doh!

Unless you don't mind the guitar feeling like it's upside down.
jonnyg111  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would pay for one of these. i doubt this would be possible on the wii though, with the big rectangle hole for the wii remote there, would it?

@ thezeppelin, this topic has a million uses for me, and i had an important question.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.

Last edited by jonnyg111 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 446831583882
TheZeppelin  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyg111 wrote:
i would pay for one of these. i doubt this would be possible on the wii though, with the big rectangle hole for the wii remote there, would it?
nice bump
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 463971250539
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: