ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
November DLC Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: November DLC Announcement Reply with quote

Guitar Hero(R) Continues to Rock the House as November's Line-Up of Downloadable Content is Announced

Disk Imports and Forward Compatibility Bring Even More Content to the Band Hero(TM) Party

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Guitar Hero® music library continues to evolve and expand as November brings a great collection of new and classic tracks from some of rock's best-loved artists. Fans can download tracks from artists including Lenny Kravitz and KISS and - for the first time - they can import tracks directly from Guitar Hero 5® and Band Hero(TM) into their Guitar Hero music library.

On November 5, as a way to commemorate the release of Band Hero, Guitar Hero music aficionados can import 69 tracks from the highly acclaimed Guitar Hero 5 into Band Hero, or import 61 of Band Hero's hits directly into Guitar Hero 5. Building the ultimate music set list is now easier then ever. For a complete listing of forward compatible content, please visit http://hub.guitarhero.com/support/faq/song-import-information.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of his 1989 debut album, Let Love Rule, Lenny Kravitz will be returning to Guitar Hero on November 12 with a three song track pack that will set players' fingers ablaze. The track pack features his debut single "Let Love Rule," "Lady," off his seventh studio album Baptism, and "Fly Away," one of Lenny Kravitz most successful songs to date.

Back on the road again this fall to accompany the launch of their newest studio album Sonic Boom, KISS has decided to add one additional date to the tour. Look for KISS to headline the Guitar Hero stage on November 19 with a three song track pack that's sure to satiate the KISS fan in everyone. The track pack will feature "Modern Day Delilah," the first single off their new album, Sonic Boom, "Lick It Up" the title track on their similarly named 1983 album, Lick it Up, and "I Was Made for Loving You," KISS's second Gold single.

Guitar Hero wouldn't be what it is today without the loyalty of its fans. As a thank you for all the years of support and encouragement, Neversoft proudly presents a free six song track pack of music from bands that feature Neversoft employees. The track pack, which will be available just before Thanksgiving on November 24 includes "Lemon Frosting" by Bunny Knutson, "RockNRola" by Nancy Fullforce, "From the Blue/Point of No Return/T.T.R.T.S" by An Endless Sporadic, "Love Holds It Down" by Dom Liberati, "You Really Like Me" by Davidicus and "Guilty Pleasures" by Tony Solis. The Neversoft Thanks the Fans track pack will only be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Wii(TM) owners have spoken and Guitar Hero has heard you loud and clear. Starting November 24, Wii and Metallica fans looking to get their fix will be able to download 8 additional tracks off Metallica's Death Magnetic album which were previously only available on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The songs, which will be available only as downloadable singles, include "All Nightmare Long," "That Was Just Your Life," "The Day That Never Comes," "The Judas Kiss," "The End Of The Line," "The Unforgiven III," "Suicide & Redemption J.H." and "Suicide & Redemption K.H."

The Lenny Kravitz and KISS Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 440 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation®Store for the PlayStation 3 system for $5.49 and for Wii for 550 Wii Points(TM). In addition, all songs in the Lenny Kravitz and KISS Track Packs will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PlayStation 3 system for $1.99 and Wii for 200 Wii Points each. The Guitar Hero 5 disc import will be available for Xbox 360 for 480 Microsoft Points, PlayStation 3 system for $5.99, and Wii for 600 Wii Points while the Band Hero disc import will be available for Xbox 360 for 400 Microsoft Points, PlayStation 3 system for $4.99, and Wii for 500 Wii Points. The remaining eight songs in Metallica's Death Magnetic track pack will be released as downloadable singles for Wii for 200 Wii Points each.

Additionally, fans are now able to choose from more than 150 other downloadable songs or import select songs from Guitar Hero® World Tour and Guitar Hero® Smash Hits to further customize their Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero set list.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Japan, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Benster26  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow
that pretty gd stuff

Back on the 11th!
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Neversoft proudly presents a free six song track pack of music from bands that feature Neversoft employees.

Ding! We have a winner!

Good to see the Wii kids are level pegging now when it comes to Metallica. :P

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Additionally, fans are now able to choose from more than 150 other downloadable songs or import select songs from Guitar Hero® World Tour and Guitar Hero® Smash Hits to further customize their Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero set list.

EPIC WIN!

Edit: Wait... does that include DLC? So still no new World Tour or Smash Hits songs?

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Edit: Wait... does that include DLC? So still no new World Tour or Smash Hits songs?

They weren't explicitly mentioned, so I don't think there are new exports this month (going against what I thought would happen)...

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
dAgnArUs  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SHIT YES
FINALLY THE REST OF DEATH MAGNETIC
AND A NEW AN ENDLESS SPORADIC SONG??
FOR FREE??
DAMN
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
StormEagle wrote:

They weren't explicitly mentioned, so I don't think there are new exports this month (going against what I thought would happen)...

This would be so fuckin' cheap!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KISS pack = win, and Death Magnetic Wii = win.

But I can't help noticing that there is a week of new DLC still missing... so am I right in thinking that imports are gonna replace DLC for some weeks? (Not that I'm complaining, 65 songs in one week is amazing, even if one of them is the Spice Girls.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A free 6-song track pack?

Oh my, this is fantastic. As well as Kiss and the other DLC, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is total win.

But kind of disappointed that there are no new GHWT or SH imports...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, awesome stuff. I will be interested in seeing what's in store for the missing week. :]
RobinSahlen  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
DLC is total win.

But kind of disappointed that there are no new GHWT or SH imports...

Yeah I feel the same. If Neversoft could pull that out as well, I would worship them like never before again. I'm not asking for every song in both games, but... close to!
Kirbah  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: November DLC Announcement Reply with quote

PaulRobinson wrote:

Guitar Hero wouldn't be what it is today without the loyalty of its fans. As a thank you for all the years of support and encouragement, Neversoft proudly presents a free six song track pack of music from bands that feature Neversoft employees.

WIN

PaulRobinson wrote:
The Neversoft Thanks the Fans track pack will only be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Seriously? I'm happy about death magnetic and all, but an album we should have had months ago doesn't compensate for not getting this pack.
Oh well, it probably wouldn't have been free at all (I'm looking at you free Activision pack from 2 and a half months ago that still isn't free.)

Last edited by Kirbah on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Neversoft Thanks the Fans track pack will only be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. "

Wtf?

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely ecstatic to finally be getting Death Magnetic, but now we're missing a FREE 6-pack?

Can't you treat us as equals for a second, Nev? We would like to be thanked with free songs too >_>

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i can understand Hendrix and Death Magnetic...but a free Neversoft pack? What the hell did Wii owners do to deserve this?

I'm seriously hoping that the only reason we aren't getting it is because we get Death Magnetic instead, and 360 and PS3 need something for that week. Hopefully we'll get it another time, because i can see no justifiable reason for leaving Wii in the dark, AGAIN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: