ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official "Opinions on DJ Hero" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Wii version, and apart from taking two steps back from SDHC to NAND-only, Shaba did a great job with the game. My new goal: Number 1 on Wii. We'll see how it goes
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
My new goal: Number 1 on Wii. We'll see how it goes

I wish you the best. Micanic's gonna be rough for you to take down.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
teveten  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nytelyte wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

I can agree with you on that one, his scores are insane compared to other peoples.

(for comparison's sake, last time I checked Satisfaction/Elements of Life, he was the only one who could break 1mil, #2 was 800k or something -- granted, this was a few days ago.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teveten wrote:
nytelyte wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

I can agree with you on that one, his scores are insane compared to other peoples.

(for comparison's sake, last time I checked Satisfaction/Elements of Life, he was the only one who could break 1mil, #2 was 800k or something -- granted, this was a few days ago.)

...yeah. I just saw. He's gewd.

Let's see Micanic hack DJ hero though
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics are nice (would have enjoyed a create-a-DJ mode), and the venues are really cool, I love the Dia de los Muertos one.

The music is excellent, I downloaded all the songs and have them in the car. My girlfriend heard and wants them for workout mixes!

Apparently my controller does the occasional phantom tap on scratches and rewinds, but I'm just by no means a hardcore player yet, so for now it's forgiven.

I think it's hilarious how the orange button equivalent is hidden in this game. Directional scratching blew my mind when I saw it in Expert (I've finished the game on Hard, and the worst it gets there is one up scratch after an any-direction sequence), and now when I play on Hard and there's a long sequence, I just know it's going to get exponentially worse when I go up one. Like others have said, it does feel awesome to suck at something rhythm-related again.

King, quit whining about being good.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Guru  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:
The first three songs are NO representation of the game's difficulty. The second tier ramps up the difficulty a LOT. And it gets ramped up in a similar fashion with every tier.

I agree, one of the first things I noticed is the extremely smooth learning curve compared to GH. I would say Groundhog on MEDIUM is harder than the three first tier song on Expert

My impression when playing through Easy to Expert:

Easy -> Medium: quite natural, sure you got the crossfader to worry about, but the first couple of dozen songs are still easier than the last songs on Easy.

Medium -> Hard: a bit more difficult, you got the occasional spikes and single directional scratches, but the first tier songs are still WAY easier than the last songs on Medium.

Hard -> Expert: This is the biggest jump in difficulty imo, surely the first couple of tiers are easy, but after that the difficulty steadily increases. Long sections of directional scratches forces you to learn certain patterns, look for similarities, and often even memorize some parts to do good. I've still only barely played through Expert, so I'm still having major problems with this.

But compared to when I first picked up GH, there is virtually no jumps in difficulty at all. I remember racing through easy and medium at GH before encountering problems at BatM medium. But I had to 5-star every song on Easy before trying the Hard songs, and I think it took almost a month before I got used to the orange fret. In comparison Expert was only a little more difficult.

Imho DJ Hero is better designed gameplay wise and the turntable is a better designed controller than the GH-guitar.

DJH Easy: 39/93 FCs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: