ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
fader manipulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: fader manipulation Reply with quote

now it definitely helps if you're a dj for the crossfader action, especially the spikes (called 'cuts'), but unlike real crossfaders, you're required to put the fader DIRECTLY in the middle when instructed...or so it may seem. if you play around enough with spiking and crossfading, you will find there is a broad range for the "middle" of the fader. avoid cocentrating SO hard on finding the middle. you'll end up "overfading" more times than not. i rarely have the crossfader in the "clicked" middle. i use it more as a landmark. works for me

for best use, only have your thumb and 1st two fingers on the fader. when it comes to cutting, all you need is a quick fingertap in the desired direction, using the thumb to push back into position. i tap with my middle since that's how i was taught when i started djing

i'm sorry i don't have a camera to upload some vids. they would help a lot

sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, this is exactly what I do. It's so much easier to just "tap" the crossfader in a direction, even when it's not a spike. Only about 10-15% on each side it seems is required when you're moving the switch.

Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also noticed there is a good middle area as long as you aren't looking for the center click...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find however, if say, an effects patch comes up right after a crossfade to either right or left, I tap the crossfader and move to the knob immediately, however I am noticing that sometimes the fader bounces and moves back to the middle, is anyone else having this issue?
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. don't tap so hard? check your hands, make sure you aren't pulling it back on accident while moving your hand up to he effect dial.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty much what was happening, yeah. Some my wrist was bumping it, and other times I was just hitting it too hard, I have gotten in the habit of never centering it anymore, and believe it or not, that fixed the issue.
bucho  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[1-2-3] positions

when you move 1-2 or 3-2 , move the crossfader just out of his postion , nothing more. move 20% of the total distance instead of 50%
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: